Garsen Golf Grips Review Thread - G-Pro Edge, G- Pro MAX, and Ultimate

In regards to the Pro Edge... is the blue more of a Carolina blue or royal blue?

Found this picture, which gives a better idea than the marketing photos.

Screen-shot-2014-07-07-at-9.51.51-AM-600x332.png

Yes, it's a light blue.

I think you'll love the Max. There are two surface textures and I like the non-dimply one better.

Welp... the Max is ordered.

Sweet. I've got one extra and I'm too scared to put it on anything right now. It's like picking a wife. Really don't want to screw this up.

Sweet. I've got one extra and I'm too scared to put it on anything right now. It's like picking a wife. Really don't want to screw this up.

I am going to go ahead and throw it on the gamer. All or nothing!

Cookie and I talked about these this week, I'm seriously excited to try one, might even put it on my Kronos

If the black one I'm putting on my SS12 works out, I'll be ordering another one (maybe red or white) for my #1. Hate to cut off my Ryder Cup grip but if it works, it works. Definitely not changing the gamer out right now as I've become pretty attached to the TD Black.

Cookie and I talked about these this week, I'm seriously excited to try one, might even put it on my Kronos

It makes too much sense with SPi not to give it a shot.

I really am excited to try this. I have a putter that needs extended and my pro will be going on that. From the picture JonD posted it looks like left hand low will still work with the concept of the grip.

The only concern I have with this thing is getting it on straight! Don't have a vice so I'll have to be careful free-handing it. Hawk, any issues with them getting twisted on installation? Curious about the Edge specifically. This was of my favorite thing about installing the SS grips. Other than being a real pain to get on, they rotated pretty much as one piece when you made the final alignment adjustments.

You're going to have to be mindful of it for sure with the Edge, because it's not super firm in the core like the MAX and it can twist a bit. I'd watch the video they have on their site for some tips, but will also say it only took me a minute to line it all up correctly.

I am going to go ahead and throw it on the gamer. All or nothing!

Just did that this morning - threw the Max on my Ping Ketsch and I'm off to test it out. I'll report back this afternoon.

Looking forward to it. I was hoping to get some others' opinions sooner than later.

This is probably a dumb question but this works fine for leftys as well as rightys correct? Maybe I don't know exactly how it installs but after I ordered it I started getting nervous

Yes it's ambi.

This is probably a dumb question but this works fine for leftys as well as rightys correct? Maybe I don't know exactly how it installs but after I ordered it I started getting nervous
I think it will work the same. I putt left hand low so a traditional grip for you. I think it will work the same, don't see why it wouldn't.

After getting an hour or so of practice green time and 9 holes in with the Max, I certainly can say that this grip shows some serious promise. It does take your wrists out of the stroke and it felt natural after only a few minutes of putting. I only made one putt on the course with it but the greens were just punched 10 days ago and all my first putts were in the 20-35 foot range. As a bonus the putt I did make was for eagle. It's early but right now my gut tells me this grip is a keeper.

Garsen putter grips

Garsen putter grips

After getting an hour or so of practice green time and 9 holes in with the Max, I certainly can say that this grip shows some serious promise. It does take your wrists out of the stroke and it felt natural after only a few minutes of putting. I only made one putt on the course with it but the greens were just punched 10 days ago and all my first putts were in the 20-35 foot range. As a bonus the putt I did make was for eagle. It's early but right now my gut tells me this grip is a keeper.

Hello Everyone,

This is Bernerd Garsen from Garsen Golf first off THANK YOU Hawk for taking the time to post all the information about the
Garsen G-Pro line of grips. Some questions I can answer after looking through the posts. The EDGE grip is a semi midsize
just a bit larger than the standard grip. The MAX grip is very similar to the SS 2.0 in size and both grips are designed to put
your hands into a more neutral position as many of you noticed. This does set your elbows more into your body creating more
shoulder rotation and help eliminating the wrist break down. Yes the grip works with left hand low as well with standard installation
Reteif Goosen is currently using the MAX grip putting left hand low.

The ULTIMATE grip was designed so that you could put your hand in any position you desire. It really allows you to place your
hands into your desired position and works extremely well for you claw guys out there. I'm happy to say that there is a 15''
counterbalance grip in production stages as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Bernerd and welcome to THP! Thanks so much for clearing some questions up. I am really looking forward to putting it on and getting some time with the Pro model.

After a couple rounds I will say that the Max grip has improved my putting accuracy and I'm hoping it's not a honeymoon period! Mechanically it makes sense because it puts your wrists in a position where it's harder for them to hinge/break down. The Max is more of a medium large grip - much smaller than a Superstroke Fatso 5.0.

I did a dry run with the Garsen grip methodology on a standard grip yesterday and really liked the results.

Just put the edge on my Z2c with 90 PSI and it's one of the easiest grips to ever go on.

Think I may be purchasing a few more today, feels that good in hand and I love how it forces a neutral grip.

6a8apeme.jpg

I did a dry run with the Garsen grip methodology on a standard grip yesterday and really liked the results.

Just put the edge on my Z2c with 90 PSI and it's one of the easiest grips to ever go on.

Think I may be purchasing a few more today, feels that good in hand and I love how it forces a neutral grip.

6a8apeme.jpg

After talking with you yesterday and looking into this a little, I just ordered one. It makes perfect sense and now I want to try it. Now, to decide which putter to put it on.

I'm getting one. It's a done deal.

I'm getting one. It's a done deal.

'bout time. Mine should arrive Wednesday, which happens to be the same time my new SeeMore Deep Flange shows. It will go on straight away.

Very premature to make any solid comments, but I am noticing my right fingers feel a little uncomfortable. Since the grip moves your hands a little more under due to the thumb positioning my right fingers aren't really wrapped underneath like I want them. And they are overlapping my left thumb. Feel like this would be perfect for a non taper design. Anyway, am I the only one that feels this?

Back