Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having a mini Georgia get together at Gordon Lakes, omikey, Slammin' Sam & myself. Ole Gray was planning to play but will be unable to make it this time. Looking forward to teeing it up with my fellower THPers tomorrow.

You guys have a great time! Please take pics so we can see if omikey looks anything like his cuz Ole Gray.

You guys have a great time! Please take pics so we can see if omikey looks anything like his cuz Ole Gray.

It would be a hoot if he really does. Will be taking pictures for sure.

I really wish OG could go with you guys but we are attending a funeral in the morning. We'll have to all make a trip back up one day soon.

Having a mini Georgia get together at Gordon Lakes, omikey, Slammin' Sam & myself. Ole Gray was planning to play but will be unable to make it this time. Looking forward to teeing it up with my fellower THPers tomorrow.

OH GEZZZZ, I didn't know this thread was even here, otherwise I wouldn't have started that other one :-(
Leave it to the FNG to get chit all messed up ... sorry, I'll try to pay more attention in the future

We'll take pics, we promise ! And we're gonna have a good time too, Thanks !!

It would be a hoot if he really does. Will be taking pictures for sure.
How could I not, we're Cuzz'ins :laughing:

I really wish OG could go with you guys but we are attending a funeral in the morning. We'll have to all make a trip back up one day soon.
Me too! yes, one day soon !
Omikey - retired, has time, has clubs, will travel :D

Heading out in about 30 minutes, see you guys soon. Safe travels.

OH GEZZZZ, I didn't know this thread was even here, otherwise I wouldn't have started that other one :-(
Leave it to the FNG to get chit all messed up ... sorry, I'll try to pay more attention in the future

ha ha no problem cuz as you will get to come to the big wing ding in the hills next October in Blairsville! Now go up to Augusta and represent our side of the family with some arse kicking talent :deadhorse:

Man did we have a great time today, Slammin' Sam was the perfect host and boy is he a good golfer, 6 birdies on the day. omikey is just as much fun in person as you could imagine, perfect weather and great company. Here are a few pictures from today, omikey took several also and will be posting them later. I did take a video of our shots on the 1st tee that I will post after it uploads to youtube.\

My newest THP buddies Mike and Steve, great guys both. And Mike knows how to sport the handlebar like nobodys business.

Spoiler
100_0784.jpg

Spoiler
100_0785.jpg

This shot was 235 uphill on a par 5 looked to be playing about 250+, Slammin' Sam hit his driver off the deck to pin high, very impressive shot. He made an easy birdie.
Spoiler
100_0788.jpg

Spoiler
100_0789.jpg

This was our second shots on number 10, pretty impressive as a group. The balls from left to right were Slammin' Sam, omikey for the tight shot and then mine. They each made the bird and mine lipped out, ughhhh.
Spoiler
100_0787.jpg

Great stuff DD - sounds like a blast was had!! Nice photos buddy.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Looks like you guys had a great time. Nice to see pics of OG's cuz and Slammin Sam. Congrats on the 6 birdies Steve. That's fantastic!

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Thanks cookie, it was a lot of fun and I have a couple of videos uploading now just showing the 1st tee shots and one of omikey hitting one and just scratching his head I don't know why I didn't pull out the Flip more often.

I just posted this in the other thread .....

Wow - I wish I found this thread yesterday. It was late last week when OG first mentioned a possible Monday outing with DawgDaddy and omikey. It was too late because of the Friday holiday to pre-schedule being off work, and I have been struggling with my knees of late, so I wasn't sure it would work. Then I played Saturday - very poorly - and my knees were a big factor. But Sunday I got up and the knees felt good, so I decided to make the outing, and let DawgDaddy know. He told me the sad news about Ole Gray's family (my prayers are with you all - we lost a 2 month old grandchild 4 years ago - I know it is the hardest loss of all when a child passes).

It was to be my first time playing with fellow THP'ers. I went to work for 3 hours, and took off at 1000 to head over to GLGC. On my way I realized I forgot my camera, doggone it. Luckily I was the only one to forget. I walked into the pro shop and there at the counter was a tall fellow wearing a Pukka cap - when the other fellow there called him Randy I was pretty certain I had found DD and omikey. We headed to the range for a warmup, then briefly to the practice green, and off we went. I should mention that we were set up by the pro to play the original Robert Trent Jones 18 (Island View and Lake View), and he gave them a special rate to play - we have a great pro.

All I want to say before the other guys weigh in is that we had a beautiful day to play, and the greens were like lightning today as they were already going dormant and the weekend heavy frosts really sped them up more. DawgDaddy filmed the opening tee shots - I led off and hit a pitiful weak fade maybe 190 into the right rough. omikey followed with a beauty down the middle - let me just say here he is a fine driver of the golf ball. DD followed with another down the middle if a bit short, but an excellent pitch and putt gave him a sweet opening par. I will let them describe their play on the day. I will just say now - what a fine pair of gentlemen golfers I got to play with today! The entire round was a blast and was over far too quickly. omikey also took a number of pictures and I believe DD filmed some more.​

That is an amazing 'stache!

Yes it is, and he really rocks it to the max buddy, see if you can catch him with that. :D

Yes it is, and he really rocks it to the max buddy, see if you can catch him with that. :D

man, my swag is not that ballin at that level. I would love to do a handlebar, but I don't think I would have the patience to grow it that long.

Man that is some awesome pics and I had an idea old Slamming Sam would bring some talent to the table! That dude was awesome when I lived in Augusta several years ago and he still has the "A" game. Six birdies huh Sam? You were suppose to take it easy on old DD and my cuz :D! I am really glad you guys had a super time and now you all are part of a super duper family of THPism :clapp:

We are .... WHOOOOOOT man that's just AWESOME !!!! Happy to be here !!!

Can't really describe whut a GRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT Day we had today !!

Thanks for all the nice words everybody !!

DD those are some really GOOD pictures .... I'll get mine up to photobucket and then post them in here.

I"m LOV'IN THP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the THPers are the MOST !!!!!!

OH YEAH, I forgot to say, that layout that we played today was really COOL !! I liked it A LOT. The course is in VERY GOOD condition given the time of year. I'm gonna have to get over there sometime in PEAK SEASON and do it all over HEHEHEHE

Thanks again Slamming Sam for setting it up for us and coming out to play, we had a BLAST !

OH YEAH, I forgot to say, that layout that we played today was really COOL !! I liked it A LOT. The course is in VERY GOOD condition given the time of year. I'm gonna have to get over there sometime in PEAK SEASON and do it all over HEHEHEHE

Thanks again Slamming Sam for setting it up for us and coming out to play, we had a BLAST !

I was a member of that course for about three years back in the mid 70's :D. It only had 18 holes back then but it was a good track for sure!

Here are the opening tee shots today..

This is the only other time I thought to pull out the video camera, we were having such a good time I completely forgot to video very much. I called it omikeys head scratcher but I think he hit the left side of the green on the shot.

[video=youtube;cZPp8G-tsUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZPp8G-tsUc[/video]

That is too awesome guys and way to a great time today :clapp:. Loved the intro videos!

ok here's some pictures from today's round WOOOOT ...

I'm trying to put some SPOILERS around them, hope it works ....

DD and SS, if I get these wrong on the holes, just jump in there and help me out, Thanks !

Herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's Steve and Randy, for those not 'IN THE KNOW' that's DawgDaddy on the left and Slamming Sam on the right ! This one is on #2 hole

Spoiler
IMG_8535.jpg

Here's DawgDaddy just finishing up some dirty work :laughing: (sorry DD, I couldn't help myself HEHEHE)
Spoiler

IMG_8536.jpg

Here's the look to the green from where DD just shot (above pic)
Spoiler

IMG_8537.jpg

DawgDaddy and Slamming Sam on the tee box (# 6) of a nice lil par 3 with water all around .... SS and I BOTH put our drives in the lake .... but DD didn't, he was right on the front but I don't recall his score, I'm confused between this one and #8
Spoiler

IMG_8541.jpg

here's #8 .... SS was wet left, I was pin high between the bunker and the green, chip to a gime and DD was below the pin and ran it in for the bird !!!! WTG DD
Spoiler

IMG_8542.jpg

OH YEAH, DawgDaddy likes it !!!!
Spoiler

IMG_8543.jpg

#9 tee box back off to the left side of this pic
Spoiler

IMG_8544.jpg

and now, from the same spot as the pic above, but looking to the green Slamming Sam and Omikey both had A+ drives on this hole ... for Omikey it was his best drive of the day .... 3wood about 220 PERFECT positioning !!
Spoiler

IMG_8545.jpg

OH YEAH BABY !!! here's our second shots in to #10 WHOOOT we had 2 birds and a par !!
Spoiler

IMG_8548.jpg

Here's Slamming Sam showing me how close I am :D Love Moments of Brilliance !!!!
Spoiler

IMG_8549.jpg

DawgDaddy finishing up for his par !!
Spoiler

IMG_8550.jpg

Looking back down the hill on our #12 which would be #3 on the Lake View course. This is where Slamming Sam hit that 250+ up the hill off the fairway with his driver WAHOOOOOOOOO! OMG what a shot that was WHOTTTTTT .... pictures never do justice to elevation changes !
Spoiler

IMG_8551.jpg

There's Sam, next to his 2nd shot on the par 5, the ball under the hole is my 3rd shot in, I missed the birdie :-( HOWEVER, Slamming Sam didn't miss his ! WTG SS !!!!
Spoiler

IMG_8553.jpg

Here's the last one of the day. DawgDaddy and Slamming Sam on # 16 Green (# 7 on the Lake View course)
Spoiler

IMG_8555.jpg

Thanks for the vids DD and the pics OM! Looks like you had a great time!

ok here's some pictures from today's round WOOOOT ...

Here's DawgDaddy just finishing up some dirty work :laughing: (sorry DD, I couldn't help myself HEHEHE) --

Not a problem there my man, I fessed up to one of the worse driving days I have had in a while, this was pretty typical actually. :D

Last edited:
Back