Golf craze you just don’t understand

But how does one display mallet covers?
He makes an option for that, it’s a straight single bar across you can loop the cover around.

Don’t want to fully admit it in here as so many don’t like headcovers. 😜
Burn Him Stephen King GIF by Arrow Video

No music complaints on page one?
That's the thing I don't get, the trend towards not only allowing music on the course, but some courses actually encouraging it.
Weird. I'm old.

I'm not sure what qualifies as a craze, but (non-judgmentally) I don't understand new sets of clubs every year. On the other hand I like joggers or even better, so called sweat pants that some might refer to as joggers. Golf pants are awesome but I don't like the wet or muddy feel from the bottom hem on my ankles. It's not just colder in the PNW during winter golf.

White belts and flat brim hats. No need for them.
I loved when white belts were popular. They arent any more, but I LOVED me some white belts.

It was an overseas company, I cannot remember to save my life. I think the putters were titanium.
Oh hell I remember who you mean too. We all said to amongst each other how badass those looked, but no chance of going anywhere

The need to put an X or extreme/Xtreme on everything.

Raw wedges. They wear super fast, rust easily, and don't spin significantly more.

There’s a very long list of trends I don’t understand and it isn’t limited to golf. But those things don’t have to make sense because they have almost no affect me - I mean, beyond trying not to impolitely stare.

I play my version of golf, with the clothes and equipment I choose and those things don’t have make sense to anyone else.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to find an over-priced headcover for my ball retriever to match the covers of the custom-ordered blades I keep in my 14-way bag - all of which that have to match my sleeveless camo pattern collared shirt and extra baggy shorts that I wear below the crack of my ass while wearing a trucker hat backwards.

Anyone want to join me for a round of golf?

No music complaints on page one?
That's the thing I don't get, the trend towards not only allowing music on the course, but some courses actually encouraging it.
Weird. I'm old.
What’s weird is in my mens group an 80 year old asked if we minded music while we played. We all said it fine……no rap. He laughed and put on classic rock, quietly, it was an awesome round. I haven’t noticed problems with volume except for one bachelor party

One thing I find extremely stupid is when companies label a product that has made it to production as a "prototype". Tons of golf stuff is marketed this way. By definition if something has made it to production it is no longer a prototype. Marketing people are so annoying, especially when it comes to golf stuff.

Joggers/thread.

Back