Golf Pride - New Decade Multicompound Whiteout

It's nice, isn't it?

Nice enough for me to invest in some magic erasers! They really are. I think they'll be on my 588 irons as well.

Nice enough for me to invest in some magic erasers! They really are. I think they'll be on my 588 irons as well.

I played them in the rain/sleet/snow the other day with only one glove and they really held their own too. Good call on the magic erasers, btw.

I saw these in person yesterday and loved them! Definitely could be on my MC irons as well if they are available.

I know it's somewhat off topic, but not sure where to post a general grip discussion. How are you guys liking the white Lamkin 3Gen compared to the Golf Pride VDR?

Like the new whiteouts, was trying to order them on my Titleist 910 driver and fairway wood but Titleist UK seem to be out of stock of all multicompounds in blue and white and black and blue :(

I know it's somewhat off topic, but not sure where to post a general grip discussion. How are you guys liking the white Lamkin 3Gen compared to the Golf Pride VDR?

I have both of these and if they are very comparable. The main differences as I see them are 1) the Lamkins are naturally built up on the bottom hand, so if you like having your bottom hand built up (about 1-2 grip tapes equivalent) then these are great options. 2) the VDRs are slightly rougher, giving slightly more grip. Thats it :D

I have both of these and if they are very comparable. The main differences as I see them are 1) the Lamkins are naturally built up on the bottom hand, so if you like having your bottom hand built up (about 1-2 grip tapes equivalent) then these are great options. 2) the VDRs are slightly rougher, giving slightly more grip. Thats it :D

Thanks Dr. T. It's between these for my irons.

Really wish the black VDR didn't have the blue cap. May have to stick with white but I think black with white lines may look cool with white shafts.

Also, if I go white the Lamkins seem brighter. Hmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I end up with RBZ irons I am going to put the green and black version of these on them.....if I end up Mizuno JPx 800 the blue and black......either one will look good I think

If I end up with RBZ irons I am going to put the green and black version of these on them.....if I end up Mizuno JPx 800 the blue and black......either one will look good I think

That will look sick!!!:mohawk:RBZ!!! I find these grips to be kind of harsh but hey they work for me!

Is coloring grip a potential durability problem. I did go for the GolfPride with lower part in red for my three wedges a couple of years ago. Within a season the lower part where the color is the grip get hard and a little bit slippery. The upper part (in black) was better. I usually clean the grip of my clubs ones a month but this didn't help the lower part of the grip.
Was it a bad sample of grip or is this a common problem?
In the picture below it was the part surrounding "Golf Pride" text that went bad. I really like to hold low for chip and short pitch shots.
golf_pride_grips.jpg

Is coloring grip a potential durability problem. I did go for the GolfPride with lower part in red for my three wedges a couple of years ago. Within a season the lower part where the color is the grip get hard and a little bit slippery. The upper part (in black) was better. I usually clean the grip of my clubs ones a month but this didn't help the lower part of the grip.
Was it a bad sample of grip or is this a common problem?
In the picture below it was the part surrounding "Golf Pride" text that went bad. I really like to hold low for chip and short pitch shots.
golf_pride_grips.jpg

I know what your talking about. It almost feels like your gripping rubbery styrofoam after several months of intense use. Best analogy I could come up with.

Yes, they all do that. That's just how you know it's time to switch on some fresh NDMC's.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I absolutely love my ndmc's. I never feel like I'm gonna lose the club with them. I used to use winn but my hands ate those freaking things like chewy chips ahoy's, lol :hungry:. I will say though that I just put a vdr on one of my driver shafts, and it really feels good. I have the grip of the decade's but feels softer so there might be a little competition going on there assuming the durability remains the same. I haven't played with it long enough to know yet so we'll see. Btw, does anyone know if I can get a decent lime green grip anywhere, preferably in midsize?

I absolutely love my ndmc's. I never feel like I'm gonna lose the club with them. I used to use winn but my hands ate those freaking things like chewy chips ahoy's, lol :hungry:. I will say though that I just put a vdr on one of my driver shafts, and it really feels good. I have the grip of the decade's but feels softer so there might be a little competition going on there assuming the durability remains the same. I haven't played with it long enough to know yet so we'll see. Btw, does anyone know if I can get a decent lime green grip anywhere, preferably in midsize?

PURE grips.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Thanks, I'll have to check them out

Anyone have an update on what grips you've been playing this year and how they're performing / holding up?

I've got a whiteout on my driver mostly because it looks cool but its a decent enough performing shaft. I'm using the Mizuno M21 grips right now on the rest of my clubs, they are really nice, sort of a cross b/w the VDRs and tour velvets.

I have the whiteout on my G20 mainly because the blue matched my Matrix Radix shaft so nicely but I do like the NDMC grip. They are very durable. I wish I had them put on my irons instead of the VDR whites.

Back