Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Thinking of trying Nippon shafts in my wedges, heard great things about them.
I really enjoyed the 125 wedge shaft in a ZipCore 58 deg head. Felt stable yet responsive, got good spin and lunch, and was able to keep up with close to full swings.

Pondering/trying to decide between a few very different Graphite Design Tour AD driver shaft options (AD-IZ, AD-HD or AD XC and maybe one or two others ) vs. Ventus Velocore Blue or Red. I have no realistic outlet to test them beforehand on the course, so will just buy, try for a few rounds then sell if I don't like. However, I'd like to first narrow it down to a few that SHOULD work based on my swing. Not sure if I want to try a high launch/low spin first or a mid launch/low-mid spin. One thing I am looking for is better roll-out averages than my Tensei Raw Blue gives me. I'm a little nervous of the stiff-tipped Ventus, but very few people I know who have one have had any problems with feel, launch or general performance. Usually I hear how smooth they feel. I can get a 20% discount on most any exotic shaft, so selling those I don't like on Ebay for close to my cost shouldn't be too unreasonable of an expectation.

Anyone playing any of the above mentioned shafts? Which model/weight/flex and what are your feelings about it....and maybe your swing speed/characteristics, for comparison purposes to my own?

from leaning against a wall to laying on the floor is hardly "leaving a mess" it's simply shifting a mess.

Also, the ratio of cleaned messes to made messes is still in my favor.

We prefer to call it organized chaos.

That is organized organized.
Alright fine hahahaha

Show the fine folks here where 'home' for those shafts are (that isn't leaning against a wall) and I'll make the concession that I made a mess.

If you cannot do that, take a picture of the glorious grip drawer that was Canadan'ed over the last week.

Alright fine hahahaha

Show the fine folks here where 'home' for those shafts are (that isn't leaning against a wall) and I'll make the concession that I made a mess.

If you cannot do that, take a picture of the glorious grip drawer that was Canadan'ed over the last week.
You must mean these, perfectly in their bags 😀

D181F29D-3DC2-45CF-A69E-345816F2AA34.jpeg

Pondering/trying to decide between a few very different Graphite Design Tour AD driver shaft options (AD-IZ, AD-HD or AD XC and maybe one or two others ) vs. Ventus Velocore Blue or Red. I have no realistic outlet to test them beforehand on the course, so will just buy, try for a few rounds then sell if I don't like. However, I'd like to first narrow it down to a few that SHOULD work based on my swing. Not sure if I want to try a high launch/low spin first or a mid launch/low-mid spin. One thing I am looking for is better roll-out averages than my Tensei Raw Blue gives me. I'm a little nervous of the stiff-tipped Ventus, but very few people I know who have one have had any problems with feel, launch or general performance. Usually I hear how smooth they feel. I can get a 20% discount on most any exotic shaft, so selling those I don't like on Ebay for close to my cost shouldn't be too unreasonable of an expectation.

Anyone playing any of the above mentioned shafts? Which model/weight/flex and what are your feelings about it....and maybe your swing speed/characteristics, for comparison purposes to my own?
I have the Ventus Blue in my Speedzone and love it. I had a TSi3 and put the AD-HD in it for some head to head battles and the HD is an awesome shaft. So consistent and stable. I really don't think I can go wrong with either. I would highly recommend both shafts.

I am very excited to try some UST products.... especially thinking about some recoil in the irons....

Ohhhhhh. You must mean these? That is an optical illusion.

65FE4E0B-CB9B-42B0-BBDA-3A18FCA85CCC.jpeg

Thinking about a Kinetixx TS-H hybrid shaft :unsure:

Please keep the thread on topic Canadan, this is about golf shafts.
I should have never left that uncut 75x LinQ gunmetal there.

If I had even half of a golf swing, it'd be in an Epic Speed fairway right now.

3CA580AC-ED4C-4899-9766-FA9A6E6CD583.jpeg

ugh i need a fitting for driver. every other club in my bag is cooperating. i like the epic max head, but i want a shaft i can time consistently. it’s driving me crazy.

ugh i need a fitting for driver. every other club in my bag is cooperating. i like the epic max head, but i want a shaft i can time consistently. it’s driving me crazy.

This is where I am with my current driver and 3w...the combo works well for me but I wonder if there's something else that might be even better...

Back