Hirzl Golf Glove - Forum Testing Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has sent out gloves to the forum testers that were selected after signup and here is a list of those that will be providing feedback in this thread.

Drumdog
DirtyDawg67
Ake84
Aaronthehack - Has not contacted GG
jlbrown70
Arkie_3_Fan
Spacemanspiff
Beowulf
Royalwulff
adwillingham
BlueTitan
One-T
Rbrown2769
Mark

This thread will be for them to offer their long term thoughts as they use the glove and offer feedback as to how it works for them.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their Hirzl glove in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.

My new Hirzl Trust Control glove arrived in the mail today. If the weather holds up, I'm planning on playing nine after work tomorrow to see how it responds...but first, here are the pictures. So that it won't get lost below the picture, a very big thanks to Hirzl for allowing us to test your product. I have great hopes that the glove in use lives up to the marketing comments. If the quality is as high as what my first impression is, you all have a very good product on your hands (pun intended).

Front of the packaging, very nice visual layout, with some of their important marketing comments.

IMG_3157.jpg

Back of the packaging. Luckily, the text is in English as well...my French is really poor. If I had seen this packaging in a store, even without hearing of the brand, I would have picked it up and taken at least a long look...very nice job Hirzl.

IMG_3158.jpg

Back side of the glove next to the packaging (more glove comments below).

IMG_3155.jpg

Palm side of glove next to the packaging (more comments below).

IMG_3159.jpg

Back side of the glove once on my hand. The velcro closure feels very secure. The white leather is Cabretta leather...very smooth and high quality. The black area here is mesh. The mesh is very breathable and assists with a good fit. Speaking of fit, this glove fits better than any I've tried before. Size wise, I received an XL. For size comparisons, I typically wear a XXL in Footjoy gloves and XL in TaylorMade/Adidas gloves.

IMG_3160.jpg

Palm side of the glove on my hand. The entire palm side is the texture kangaroo leather. It really feels like it is going to grip the club well. I've been using the Footjoy Sprd2 with the very grippy, synthetic material on the palm...so that will be my point of reference as I test. Definitely the most textured leather palm I've seen on a glove.

IMG_3161.jpg

For some reason, I decided to turn the glove inside/out so that I could take pictures of the seams. Here is the back hand side when turned inside/out.

IMG_3162.jpg

Here is the palm side when turned inside/out.

IMG_3163.jpg

THP has sent out gloves to the forum testers that were selected after signup and here is a list of those that will be providing feedback in this thread.

Drumdog
DirtyDawg67
Ake84
Aaronthehack - Has not contacted GG
jlbrown70
Arkie_3_Fan
Spacemanspiff
Beowulf
Royalwulff
adwillingham
BlueTitan
One-T
Rbrown2769
Mark

This thread will be for them to offer their long term thoughts as they use the glove and offer feedback as to how it works for them.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their Hirzl glove in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.

Need a filler? :D

Wrist is feeling great and I should be out this weekend!

Edit: Great pics AD!

HIRZL: TRUST Feel

My HIRZL glove arrived for testing today and I was sent the TRUST Feel model. Here is a list of the benefits from the use of kangaroo leather in HIRZL's glove. (taken from the back of the glove package)

~An almost gloveless experience. With an extra thin palm delivering an unsurpassed golfing experience to low handicap and seasoned players. HIRZL TRUST Feel helps you achieve a truly outstanding performance.

~Grippp Technology: Improve your grip whether it's wet or dry on the green with this powerful innovation. It gives you 2 X more grip in dry conditions and 4 X more grip when it's wet.

~Sweat free palms in hot weather. The new Grippp technology temporarily seals your pores, keeping your grip dry for an entire game and helping drive up your performance. An airtech mesh on the back of the glove also optimizes airflow.

~The ultimate in comfort and functionality. HIRZL TRUST Feel gives you more longevity than a synthetic glove with the comfort you only get with breathable organic materials. They are proven to stay softer for longer than other leather gloves and won't crack or harden when they dry out from wet play.

Initial Thoughts:

~This is their Feel model, which has an extra thin kangaroo leather palm. That said, the palm definitely feels thicker when compared to my other gloves. This isn't a bad thing, but just different. I typically wear through the palm of my gloves rather quickly, but don't think that will be an issue with the HIRZL. The kangaroo leather feels a lot "tougher" than the traditional leather in my FootJoy/TaylorMade/Nike gloves.

~The top of the glove (back of hand) has some mesh venting. I like this idea, as it will most likely help prevent sweating in the muggy conditions that are right around the corner here in VA.

~I am really interesting in the sweat resistant palm. Last year, I would typically have to use 2 or 3 gloves and keep rotating them when it really got hot. I hope that with the HIRZL, I can keep it in use for the entire round.

~The sizing seems a little bigger in the fingers to me compared to the other companies I have used in the past. This isn't really a big deal, but just a thought.

~HIRZL is considering this their "player's" glove from what I can gather. The thin design is geared for feeling like you are playing without a glove. I wasn't really aware of glove tiers, but like the thought. I typically do not like wearing a glove with wedge shots, but will see if it comes close to feeling "gloveless".

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

I am going to get a few rounds in this weekend and have a tournament on Sunday. The weather forecast right now is calling for showers this weekend, which will give me the perfect opportunity to put the HIRZL to the test. It won't be as warm this weekend, so sweating won't be a concern, but I am sure that will be coming into play in the coming weeks.

I would like to thank The Hacker's Paradise and HIRZL for this great opportunity. I look forward to putting the TRUST Feel through the ringer.

Good stuff fellas. These gloves have my interest like I cannot even begin to explain. I'll be reading with a keen and interested spirit.

good stuff so far. I'm really interested in trying one of these gloves. I can't wait to see what everyone says about them

Great first thoughts guys and great pics. Really interested in your thoughts on these gloves, I will be reading with great interest.

Pretty funky looking gloves. I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Great stuff guys. I wonder how many different versions they have out there?

Great stuff guys. I wonder how many different versions they have out there?

Looks like 3 models....TRUST Feel, TRUST Control, and SOFFFT Flex

Looks like 3 models....TRUST Feel, TRUST Control, and SOFFFT Flex

Thanks, I guess Feel is the thinnest and Sofft Flex is the thickest.

Thanks, I guess Feel is the thinnest and Sofft Flex is the thickest.

Acutally, Feel is very thin, but it looks like SOFFFT Flex is a tour level glove. http://www.hirzl.com/en/soffft-flex The SOFFFT Flex sounds like a pretty interesting glove. Looks like a lot of technology has been put into that glove, which could make it fairly expensive (?). Just speculation though...

Acutally, Feel is very thin, but it looks like SOFFFT Flex is a tour level glove. http://www.hirzl.com/en/soffft-flex The SOFFFT Flex sounds like a pretty interesting glove. Looks like a lot of technology has been put into that glove, which could make it fairly expensive (?). Just speculation though...

I see now. Thanks for the link. Their website looks awesome.

I see now. Thanks for the link. Their website looks awesome.

No problem. Actually, they all seem to be priced the same when I searched for some on the internet. Definitely not easy to find though....yet.

Oh so excited to get mine! I thank THP and Hirzl for giving me another excuse to play golf. I am sure I am going to be impressed!

Great stuff, keep the thoughts and impressions coming. Payday is coming up soon and I need a new glove

Very nice pictures and initial thoughts so far.

Great stuff so far guys, really looking forward to some more input, especially when it warms up a bit. These gloves have shot way up my shortlist.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

That's a great looking glove. Since I am not brand loyal when it comes to gloves I will buy one of these this year. Thanks for the reviews all!

First Impression
I received my Hirzl Trust Control glove early this morning. The packaging is a very aesthetically pleasing black, white, and green packaging. The company logo is unique and interesting. A definite eye catcher. The first thing I noticed about this glove was its feel. It is light. A mesh back and a very thin kangaroo leather palm are most likely the reason for this. The second thing I noticed is the glove didn’t lay exactly flat like most gloves. I discovered after reading the back of the package it is because this glove is made with a 45 degree finger curve to more naturally fit your hand.
When I tried the glove on I discovered that in the wrist, palm, and thumb, the glove fit very nicely. The finger diameters were fine as well, but they were a bit longer than what I normally wear. This will most likely not affect my play at all. Now off to the course….

Taking it to the course
This was a great day to test one aspect of this glove. The temp today was 77 when I teed off at 7:15 this morning with 90% humidity. . My Nike Dura Feels actually feel a bit slimy when they get wet. Not the Hirzl. Under normal circumstances, I might swap out my glove 4-5 times in these conditions, as I am a large man and sweat a lot. I did not need to do that today. As stated by the manufacturer, this glove became quite tacky when it got damp. I was truly impressed. 18 holes later and I am very pleased to say this glove did what they said.

Trust Control
The feel that this glove provides is also something I must remark on. I am one of those guys that putts with my glove on. I don’t have a reason for this, I just do. This glove was able to conduct the impact better than my regular glove on every occasion. There was a definite difference and it will take a round or two to get used to, but I do like it.

Summary
My first round with this glove was very telling. It proved to be adequate in fit. It performed very well in high humidity and I experienced no slippage at all. It allowed me to feel every putt better than any glove I ever worn. If it continues to perform this well and will last or even outlast my current choice of glove, I will be happy to make the change. I look forward to testing this gloves durability.
Good Job Hirzl, and Thanks again to THP and Hirzl for this opportunity.
Guys, please feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer them for you.

100_1553.jpg

100_1552.jpg

100_1554.jpg

Skim alert but where can I buy these gloves? Want one for the outing

great information in the post Beowulf!

Great write ups thus far guys! Hard to follow for sure but I'll do my best. Thanks again Hirzl and THP!

I received my glove this morning (didn't check the mail yesterday like an arse!). I put it on for my drive to work so I couldn't take any pictures or anything like that yet. I was going to write a little paragraph about wearing it while driving but I didn't think it would be all that appropriate.

I received the Trust Feel version and in the past have had problems with my gloves drying out, and becoming more of just a cover for my hand than anything else. I am really hoping this thing stays tacky in all conditions. Its been raining in Denver for going on 48 hours now so I might just take this out if not to the range but swinging in my backyard for a real Rain test!

More to come!

Back