Hirzl Golf Glove - Forum Testing Review Thread

Another few hours at the range today in nice rain. The place was one giant water park for me. I had it all to myself too. Anyway, the glove. I like it, it has plenty of grip. I even like when it clogs the pores so your hands don't sweat. After a times with this glove, would I get another. Yes, yes, yes. I feel like spiderman with these. It also helps that my NDMC are pretty sticky too. I would say it would be worth the maybe 5 buck premium charge. I am still gonna abuse this thouroughly as I am determined to see how long it lasts. I have a crappy iphone so the pics of it really suck. When I get my hands on the better cam, i will post some pics.
I really like that endorsement Mark.

I like my gloves like I like my underwear... Supportive!
Funny stuff DT.

might have to give one of these a go after the good reviews!

Testers are doing a fantastic job!! I think I need to order one of these

I finally got to the "Feel" glove in a bit of weather yesterday.
An off and on drizzle for most of the round and I can happily say that the Hirzl glove performed wonderfully.
The clubs didn't feel slippery even once during the round and I purposely did not dry the grips with a towel at all.
In fact, the glove seemed to get a little "tackier" (is that a real word?) with a little moisture on it.
I really wanted to give this glove a test and it passed with flying colors.
The Hirzl "Feel" glove has found a permanent home in my bag and on my hand.
Thanks Hirzl and THP for this opportunity.

Gave my Trust Control a workout at the range this morning. Have to say I am very impressed with it. Usually I have to take my glove off and dry my hands and grips due to sweating. Well with the Hirzl I didn't have to do this at all, no sign of any sweat what so ever. The glove felt very comfortable and I didn't feel like the club would slip at any point of the session.

Hirzl's claim regarding grip is definitely correct, I can only imagine what it will be like in wet conditions.

Hoping to get a round in this week so will be able to see what it is like on the course

I just got back from another 9 with the trust feel glove. It`s still great, I`m not sure how to describe this further but this is most definitively my glove of choice from now on. Hoping for some better weather soon, so I could test it in some nice warm temperatures as well. I`m greatly appreciative of getting the opportunity to test this glove out, it has changed my entire view on golf gloves. I used to buy the cheapest ones because they did not last anyway, and never thought about any special performance that a glove may have. I will absolutely be more picky in the future, and if I should chose another glove than the trust feel in the future, that one would really have to be really extraordinary.

I just got back from another 9 with the trust feel glove. It`s still great, I`m not sure how to describe this further but this is most definitively my glove of choice from now on. Hoping for some better weather soon, so I could test it in some nice warm temperatures as well. I`m greatly appreciative of getting the opportunity to test this glove out, it has changed my entire view on golf gloves. I used to buy the cheapest ones because they did not last anyway, and never thought about any special performance that a glove may have. I will absolutely be more picky in the future, and if I should chose another glove than the trust feel in the future, that one would really have to be really extraordinary.

I agree completely. I too bought cheapy gloves because I relegated myself to replacing them a couple times per season. The HIRZL has changed my perspective as well and I'm not sure I'd be interested at this time in trying another brand really. Its performed so well and has lasted under some terrible conditions.

I played 18 today and I started out with one of my regular gloves and after two holes I swapped back out to my Hirzl glove. I was wanting to play nine with each glove, but after two holes I really was missing the feel of the Hirxl so I put it back on for the remainder of the round. I am on vacation for the rest of this week so I will be out everyday playing and see how it holds up to some contuinous play. So far i am seeing no signs of wear with this glove. We will be having temps in the 80's to 90's so the sweat challenge should really come into play for this testing.

I agree completely. I too bought cheapy gloves because I relegated myself to replacing them a couple times per season. The HIRZL has changed my perspective as well and I'm not sure I'd be interested at this time in trying another brand really. Its performed so well and has lasted under some terrible conditions.

I don't buy cheap gloves but so far the Hirzl is making them feel cheap. I still have one of my regular gloves unopened and I suspect that it is going to stay that way for some time

Does anyone have enough play time as to a recommendation on buying one for each hand to play in rain? I think that might be a strong point from what I am understanding about this glove.

SKIMMER...LOL j/k I mention earlier in my reviews that I was thinking aobut doing this and I have decided that I am going to be doing it. The feel of this glove is lightyears ahead of my current set of rain gloves.

Wore the glove again at the range whilst I hit 50 balls. I have now hit 150 balls wearing this glove and no sign of any wear. My other gloves would have been showing tiny signs by now but that may be because they are white. I really think the black palm helps with not showing any signs of wear.

It was raining at the range so there was plenty of moisture in the air. I was sweating but the glove felt bone dry, no slippage or anything to hinder the grip at all.

I really think that Hirzl are onto a winner here and I can't see my changing to another glove for a long time.

Can't wait to see how it performs in a full round where it will be on and off between shots

mine should be here early to mid week, cant wait to test this out, i had huge problems with my TM Targa for the first time, it was almost 90* and very humid and it got very very slick when it was wet. It sounds like that wont be a problem with the hirzl

It won't be from what I have seen in my limited (so far) testing

Well I got another 18 in today ande it was foggy and humid this morning and the glove held up great. I had no issues with slippage and still no signs of wear. I have probably put 5 or 6 rounds plus range time with this glove and it is holding up beautifully.

I played 18 holes this morning with the Hirzl Trust Control glove (up to 4 range sessions and 27 holes). The glove performed very well again. Never noticed a club slip even though it was a hot steamy day in NE Georgia. As I stated previously, my glove has had a seem pull apart on the bottom side way down from the pinky. Playing today exacerbated the seam hole to about an inch long. I'm going to try to resew that seam so that I can keep using it. I'm hoping my experience is an aberration because this glove really performs, but I'm curious what others say about their durability as they get into the 5-10 round range, because the glove is a bit pricey if it is not more durable than what I have experienced.

I played 18 holes this morning with the Hirzl Trust Control glove (up to 4 range sessions and 27 holes). The glove performed very well again. Never noticed a club slip even though it was a hot steamy day in NE Georgia. As I stated previously, my glove has had a seem pull apart on the bottom side way down from the pinky. Playing today exacerbated the seam hole to about an inch long. I'm going to try to resew that seam so that I can keep using it. I'm hoping my experience is an aberration because this glove really performs, but I'm curious what others say about their durability as they get into the 5-10 round range, because the glove is a bit pricey if it is not more durable than what I have experienced.

Ah the old tug and tear glove injury. I think it might be just an individual glove issue (or at least I hope). I had that happen on a SciFlex one time and that was the last time it happened. I agree with you, ad, that you hope this doesn't happen regularly with the pricing on these. Good stuff so far.

Do you pull your glove off starting with that finger by any chance?

Mine has held up to everything I have thrown at it the last few weeks. We have had very very hot weather, hot and humid weather, rain, and a few perfect days thrown in as well.

Surely the black material does not show dirt as much as white would but the thing has not worn at all which is really impressive. I don't have another glove that I have tried that would not be showing some wear by this time and some would be just plain worn out. I am really impressed.

Do you pull your glove off starting with that finger by any chance?

Not that I'm aware of. I think I normally pull the thumb out first and work my way down to the pinky. The busted seam is not in the fingers, it is way down at the palm, but on the pinky end of the palm.

Ah the old tug and tear glove injury. I think it might be just an individual glove issue (or at least I hope). I had that happen on a SciFlex one time and that was the last time it happened. I agree with you, ad, that you hope this doesn't happen regularly with the pricing on these. Good stuff so far.

Until I read otherwise, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt that it is an individual glove issue too. I don't remember ever having a seam issue be the first wear point on any previous glove, so I don't think I am particularly hard on them that way. Who knows though.

Not that I'm aware of. I think I normally pull the thumb out first and work my way down to the pinky. The busted seam is not in the fingers, it is way down at the palm, but on the pinky end of the palm.

Exactly what happened on my Sciflex. I noticed it doesn't happen when I slip the glove and pull down on the palm part of the seams. There's just less stress there since there's more material to work with than on the pinky part I think.

Since I have not been part of any formal review for these gloves and just buy them from Internet stores I do notice that sizes seem somewhat restricted at least as far as what you can get. For example I think they advertise cadet sizes but nobody has them.

I opted for Medium standard and fortunately that size has been perfect in this brand of glove. However if the glove is a little tight in the wrong places that could result in some seam issues.

My favorite rain gloves have been the ZR gloves. I have had one pair that gave me problems as far as seam breakage was concerned. They did not fit as I had become accustomed and if you have seen them you know they have some seams in spots where you normally do not see seams. Anyway several seems broke out on this one pair of ZR rain gloves. Could the size be a little off for the one glove that has shown some seam issues?

I just went and checked my glove and I am not seeing any seem issues with my glove.

I just went and checked my glove and I am not seeing any seem issues with my glove.

Im with RW on this one. I am approaching 15 rounds with mine and no issues at all.

Have you started to see any wear yet JB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

Back