Howdy from Minnesota

DylanMT

Reaction score
How's it going everyone? I just recently got back into the sport and needed a place to chit chat with people as I don't really have any golfing friends. But first a bit about myself...

When I was 10 I was involved in a bad car accident in Oregon. I was a very athletic kid but this accident meant I couldn't play soccer or basketball for a couple of years. Someone suggested I try golf. There was a course there called The Childrens Course that offered lessons through The First Tee. For only $15 dollars us kids got lessons every Fall and Spring until we turned 18 years old.

I played golf for fun as a kid and then moved to Minnesota when I was 14. I played a bit here and there but wasn't too serious about it. But this spring I decided to swing a golf club and it's all I've been thinking about. Before it got real nice outside I bought some plastic golf balls and went and worked on a few things in my back yard. I then went to a local driving range/course two days ago and decided to play 9 holes and after not playing a single hole for 8 years I had probably my best round ever. Only a few shots I would have considered bad shots. I hit 6/9 GIR and all FIR (apparently, golf is WAY easier if you hit the fairways and greens ;))

I'm here because I'm not really a typical golfer. My bmx friends don't golf, my powerlifting friends don't golf and my soccer friends don't golf. I need people to bounce ideas off of as I'm not really a good player but really enjoy it.

Sorry for the long first message... just excited to be golfing again.

Dylan

Welcome to THP Dylan!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP Dylan!

Welcome Dylan. You're going to love it here.

First off, Welcome to THP Dylan! You are definitely not going to be lost here. And if you ever do get confused, just ask anyone for some assistance. If you ever have any questions or need help, please feel free to ask me.
Enjoy the site.

-Manny

Welcome to THP Dylan!!

welcome to THP, Dylan!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP

Howdie and welcome to :thp: forums :hello:

Welcome to :thp: and hope you enjoy your time here

Welcome to THP

:welcome: Dylan, you have found the right place to chit chat about all things golf. Nice intro.

Welcome to thp

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome to THP! Glad to hear you're back in the game!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome! Good intro

Welcome to THP!

Back