Huge Announcement - Regional Rivalry Sponsored By True Temper

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As THPers have read on this forum over the last year, THP Regional Rivalry was born. 2016 will have three Regional Rivalry Events and two of them have been announced already with the third coming soon.

NY/NJ vs New England
Ohio vs Michigan
DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas

Teams of 8 battling it out on a great golf course with a spot in the iconic THP Hall of Fame up for grabs. Along with that there will be some exclusive #THPRegionalRivalry swag, and so much more.

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2016 Albatross Club membership which goes to help animal shelters and pets in need around the country. For more information on that or to sign up and help support this great cause, click here.

Welcome True Temper
What has not been announced as of yet is that each of these events is sponsored by True Temper. THP & True Temper have been working on these events for a long time and have put together something that will follow the rest of the THP mantra for 2016. #ChangingTheGame

At each of the three THP Regional Rivalry Events, there will be a MVP named from the winning team. This will NOT be based solely on their play on the course, but also their social interaction on both the THP Forum as well as engagement on Social Media w/ use of a special hashtag and company involved. This MVP will be announced at the celebration and trophy dinner post event and it comes with a bit more than just a handshake, applause and/or high fives.

The MVP from each of the events will receive a trip courtesy of THP including airfare, hotel and lunch or dinner to Memphis, TN to meet the True Temper team. From there they will see their state of the art technology center learn all about new shafts and then get a ride in the THP Tour Van to their steel manufacturing facility in Armory, Mississippi where they will get a behind the scenes tour of what goes into making the shafts found in most tour players' bags.

When Is The MVP Trip
This will happen late in 2016 so people will have time to plan after the Regional Rivalry event to make sure they can make it work. You will arrive at your airport and be whisked away to Memphis, TN where you will be picked up by the THP Tour Van and brought to True Temper HQ to meet everybody for your VIP experience.

Stay tuned for more details in each of the THP Regional Rivalry threads.

truetemper_lp_comp.jpg

Last edited:
Holy. cow.

how cool is that? I have a feeling there are going to me many MVP Candidates from my NY/NJ squad!

Whoa. What an announcement. I thought the major announcement would be some sort of company involvement, but anything like this was way out of the realm of my possible thinking.

This sounds AWESOME. The details keep getting better. I have my fingers crossed to be selected as a member of TEAM MICHIGAN!!!

Looking forward to seeing who from Ohio and NY get to attend!

Holy hell. Just incredible.

#gamechanging

As THPers have read on this forum over the last year, THP Regional Rivalry was born. 2016 will have three Regional Rivalry Events and two of them have been announced already with the third coming soon.

NY/NJ vs New England
Ohio vs Michigan
??? vs ???

Teams of 8 battling it out on a great golf course with a spot in the iconic THP Hall of Fame up for grabs. Along with that there will be some exclusive #THPRegionalRivalry swag, and so much more.

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2016 Albatross Club membership which goes to help animal shelters and pets in need around the country. For more information on that or to sign up and help support this great cause, click here.

Welcome True Temper
What has not been announced as of yet is that each of these events is sponsored by True Temper. THP & True Temper have been working on these events for a long time and have put together something that will follow the rest of the THP mantra for 2016. #ChangingTheGame

At each of the three THP Regional Rivalry Events, there will be a MVP named from the winning team. This will NOT be based solely on their play on the course, but also their social interaction on both the THP Forum as well as engagement on Social Media w/ use of a special hashtag and company involved. This MVP will be announced at the celebration and trophy dinner post event and it comes with a bit more than just a handshake, applause and/or high fives.

The MVP from each of the events will receive a trip courtesy of THP including airfare, hotel and lunch or dinner to Memphis, TN to meet the True Temper team. From there they will see their state of the art technology center learn all about new shafts and then get a ride in the THP Tour Van to their steel manufacturing facility in Armory, Mississippi where they will get a behind the scenes tour of what goes into making the shafts found in most tour players' bags.

When Is The MVP Trip
This will happen late in 2016 so people will have time to plan after the Regional Rivalry event to make sure they can make it work. You will arrive at your airport and be whisked away to Memphis, TN where you will be picked up by the THP Tour Van and brought to True Temper HQ to meet everybody for your VIP experience.

Stay tuned for more details in each of the THP Regional Rivalry threads.

truetemper_lp_comp.jpg

Crazy amazing! THP does it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness. Flipping the script. This is incredible

Oh dayum, JB ain't playing around in 2016. The game is real and the game has changed #changethegame

Not gonna lie, I got goosebumps reading this. Goosebumps. How awesome is that!? Now it will only add fuel to the fire! #ChangingTheGame

These MVPs will be VIPs courtesy of THP and True Temper. Awesome!

And people doubted that THP was really going to #ChangeTheGame...

Boom.

I like it!

now that is pretty cool!
GO NY and MI ... ​oh and NJ too

I was already pumped for this event but I am beyond that now! OH YEAH!!!!!

oh wow. This is fantastic!

:bomb:2016 is shaping up quite nicely. I am hoping the RR comes to the left coast for a shot at this.

Very cool
#changingthegame
#THPgolf

#GameChanged.....so freaking cool! I want to represent my region so bad, this is just the best tasting icing on the cake!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is really cool. Love this twist. Going to be a great day for the well-earned MVPs.

That is pretty awesome!!

Excited to see the final RR matchup announced. Was already going to be a great time but this is an ENORMOUS prize on the line for the MVP.

Back