Ian Poulter Mockery On Twitter...Again

IJP = I'm Just a Putz.

JM

I'm sure he's gutted so many people here don't like him. If you don't like what he says on Twitter, then don't follow him. Simple.

I'm sure he's gutted so many people here don't like him. If you don't like what he says on Twitter, then don't follow him. Simple.

I don't follow him, and it still doesn't prevent me from thinking he's a douche. Especially having met him.

:alien:

If he doesn't like what people say on Twitter he should get off or just ignore them. It goes both ways. He's just embarrassing himself and quite frankly he also makes Titleist look bad for even sponsoring him. Could you imagine what would happen to say Jordan Spith right now if he referred to a follower as the American version of "wanker"

If he doesn't like what people say on Twitter he should get off or just ignore them. It goes both ways. He's just embarrassing himself and quite frankly he also makes Titleist look bad for even sponsoring him. Could you imagine what would happen to say Jordan Spith right now if he referred to a follower as the American version of "wanker"

I personally like my sportsmen to be a little off the cuff than being corporate machines, so I have no idea what the American version of wanker is, but I hope one day he does. I do agree though if he can't handle the trolls, he should probably ditch tweeting. He does seem to attract trolls on Twitter.

I personally like my sportsmen to be a little off the cuff than being corporate machines, so I have no idea what the American version of wanker is, but I hope one day he does. I do agree though if he can't handle the trolls, he should probably ditch tweeting. He does seem to attract trolls on Twitter.

Two nations separated by a common language.

Poulter being Poulter... *yawn*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow IJP on the soap box much mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, Poulter being Poulter.
This is exactly why he will never win another event: He really cares about what people think of him.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder much?

He obviously is otherwise he wouldn't even respond on Twitter?

I don't like him. I don't follow him on Twitter. Simple.

A true superstar doesn't respond to random nobodies trolling them on Twitter. Poulter just has a big ego and is easily baited into making himself look bad.

maybe he's a dbag, maybe not, I don't know him. I don't mind people snapping back at nobody's trying to goad somebody into a response. There was never a time in history "celebrities" were so accessible and people think they can do or say whatever they want, since you'll never know them. Just my two cents, but if you're harassing somebody online you're probably a loser, and I don't care if you get snapped at

maybe he's a dbag, maybe not, I don't know him. I don't mind people snapping back at nobody's trying to goad somebody into a response. There was never a time in history "celebrities" were so accessible and people think they can do or say whatever they want, since you'll never know them. Just my two cents, but if you're harassing somebody online you're probably a loser, and I don't care if you get snapped at

Well said!!

But he gets attacked in the first place cause of the way he acts. I understand what your getting at but you don't see every other person that didn't win that tournament get attacked on Twitter or called a choker. He brings it on himself.

I agree. He is confrontational and therefore attracts this stuff. In the end, as this thread illustrates, he brings a lot of dislike onto himself by reacting in such a way. The plus/minus of twitter is its immediacy. I was making the point that his tweet may well represent a defensive reaction of a a hurting golfer rather than an expression of pure financial motivation.

Honest question. If Tiger Woods responds to a tweet about not playing well with "Who cares, I got a Billion Dollars" do you think its okay since he is not a robot? Or do you think he gets blasted because of the arrogance of the message?

In the specific case of Tiger, he gets blasted either way. That seems to be the way of it. Whether it be Tiger, Poulter or anyone else - there does seem to be a new sport of 'goad the Sportsman' quickly followed by 'judge the man' on the basis of watching him play a game, following him on social media or observing media coverage of his private life.

and he's pulled out of the Byron Nelson this week. Guess he made enough $$$$ to hold him over for awhile.

A lot has been said, that I agree with. I guess I look at this another way (sort of). A few mentioned how easy it is to interact with Celebs and Athletes in todays Social Media Society. Here's how I look at this. First, you don't HAVE to be on any Social Media, you choose to be. Second, maybe I was raised different, but you don't/shouldn't have to brag to have self worth...though some do. Third, why do people have to be punks? I see people being mean, just to be mean. I'm not saying I've never been a bully to some degree, because I know I have, but I try not to be no that I'm an adult.
I know, it's the internet and we all (can) have an invisible presence, if we choose. That allows some people to have an account where they can just troll away, and I guess that makes some people feel better. I've never understood that, personally.

As for this, with IJP. Yes, he brings a lot of it on himself, but does he? Sure, he's made a lot of cash playing golf, but wouldn't you like to be in his shoes? I know I'd love to have his game and make a living playing the sport I (we) love. Does that mean he can't spend that money the way HE wants to? Does someone troll your Facebook or Twitter TL when you post a picture of your newest toy? Just because a guy posts a picture of his car(s). Heck, I've done that and no one @'s me calling me out. Yet, because of who he is, and what he does, people get upset and rubbed the wrong way when he does this, and then get upset when he, probably after numerous @ bitching, decides he's had enough and posts something like this. How many times would someone have to mock you on your TL, before you've had enough and respond?
I'm not saying he's handling it correctly, but how far do you let people push you before you stop turning the other cheek?

But if you aren't a pompous ass, then you don't get pushed.

I know right? Some seem to think he's some innocent little guy simply sticking up for himself on social media. Hes proven time and time again he's a MegaDouche 5000 that deserves it

I know right? Some seem to think he's some innocent little guy simply sticking up for himself on social media. Hes proven time and time again he's a MegaDouche 5000 that deserves it
I don't think anyone that follows golf closely thinks that he's not completely obnoxious, but that's not the point. He's still a human being, and that doesn't mean the guy constantly trying to pick a twitter fight isn't a complete megaDouche as well. That was my only point. What kind of person that's not a loser spends any amount of time harassing somebody on twitter?

When it comes to Twitter, that doesn't seem to be strictly true. It seems if your in the public eye, you're fair game.

Back