Ian Poulter Mockery On Twitter...Again

And yet the post he responded to said he was choking.

Fair enough.

Either which way, I doubt he meant a wedge made of wood or metal to hold in object in place or to fill a gap.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Once again IJP has confirmed he is a Twit...

what's the colour of money, I do love a spelling lesson from you guys.

I wonder how Titleist feels about their signing of him? Are they happy for the added attention, or wish he'd shut up? He seems to have picked it up a notch since leaving Cobra. I don't remember him being nearly this bad...i even kind of liked him back in the day. Just saw him as a competitive guy who wore his emotions on his sleeve. But he's taken it to an entirely new level now that can't be viewed any other way than douchebagery.

I wonder how Titleist feels about their signing of him? Are they happy for the added attention, or wish he'd shut up? He seems to have picked it up a notch since leaving Cobra. I don't remember him being nearly this bad...i even kind of liked him back in the day. Just saw him as a competitive guy who wore his emotions on his sleeve. But he's taken it to an entirely new level now that can't be viewed any other way than douchebagery.

I think he's always been like this but now that people are really starting to call him overrated and a choker instead of Ryder Cup hero he's getting really defensive.

It's what happens when all you talk about is how much money you have.

When athletes give stock responses, people reply "How boring", "These guys are robots". For once you have a guy who speaks his heart and antagonizes his haters. He is cocky and brash and that drives him. You don't have to agree with it, but he is who he is and he makes no illusions.

When athletes give stock responses, people reply "How boring", "These guys are robots". For once you have a guy who speaks his heart and antagonizes his haters. He is cocky and brash and that drives him. You don't have to agree with it, but he is who he is and he makes no illusions.

You should follow Dufner. He doesn't give stock responses is absolutely hilarious and doesn't spend all day posting pictures of cars, watches, his friends cars and watches, counting his checks.

There are plenty of other I could name if you would like. Some great Twitter follows on the PGA.

And that is all fine and dandy, but in doing so, he opens himself for criticism. Yet apparently he doesn't want that nor do his fans either. If this guy was American, the US golf fans would still look at him as a clown and the Euros would too. #HomeCookin'

See Floyd Mayweather and countless other examples of athletes and stars that love to tell the world about their "haves" and people show the same disdain.

if he won on top of it, I'd probably agree with you to some degree. There's just something about being cocky and then not having anything other than your bank account to back it up. I'm mean, grats, you're 33rd on this year's money list right behind Shawn Stefani and Jason Bohn. Let's start the parade!

I'm not a fan of the guy. I'd like to think that I would handle all of this better if I was in his shoes, but I doubt I would so it's hard for me to judge.

"All my fans." Who are these people? Some randoms he met in a Ferrari Forum?

There's a pretty clear difference between offering non-stock responses and being a gigantic D-bag waving everything you've gained in front of millions of people.

But this isn't news for poulter. His ego has always outweighed his real worth.

Hmmm...

Call me a contrarian but...

Someone (several people perhaps) were tweeting about how he was choking. I don't know, but I suspect that he wanted to win that tournament a lot. In my observation, he is quite a competitive guy.

He did not win it. Along with a whole bunch of other pros who didn't win it.

I suspect it hurt him.

I imagine that he was trying to make the point that although he was hurt that he had not won, it would be churlish to regard the event as a complete failure, given that he had come very close and made a bucket of cash. The sub text being "I really don't need people telling me that I am a choker right now"

I have no doubt that Rory would have responded

"I played very well today, but just couldn't get it done. I am delighted that I put myself in position to win - and I have to keep on doing that and be patient."

The cockiness and arrogance is annoying, but I think that he is a player with a fraction of the talent of a lot of the guys out on tour and that he needs the intensity to achieve the best he can be. It can be no coincidence that he performs best in the really high intensity of a Ryder Cup.

Hmmm...

Someone (several people perhaps) were tweeting about how he was choking. I don't know, but I suspect that he wanted to win that tournament a lot. In my observation, he is quite a competitive guy.

I suspect it hurt him.

I imagine that he was trying to make the point that although he was hurt that he had not won, it would be churlish to regard the event as a complete failure, given that he had come very close and made a bucket of cash. The sub text being "I really don't need people telling me that I am a choker right now"

"I played very well today, but just couldn't get it done. I am delighted that I put myself in position to win - and I have to keep on doing that and be patient."

The cockiness and arrogance is annoying, but I think that he is a player with a fraction of the talent of a lot of the guys out on tour and that he needs the intensity to achieve the best he can be. It can be no coincidence that he performs best in the really high intensity of a Ryder Cup.
But he gets attacked in the first place cause of the way he acts. I understand what your getting at but you don't see every other person that didn't win that tournament get attacked on Twitter or called a choker. He brings it on himself.

Hmmm...

I suspect it hurt him.

Honest question. If Tiger Woods responds to a tweet about not playing well with "Who cares, I got a Billion Dollars" do you think its okay since he is not a robot? Or do you think he gets blasted because of the arrogance of the message?

To me, the tweet showed a lot of what's wrong with a lot of pros nowadays. Essentially, Ian was saying I got paid a lot of money, so who cares if I won or not. It's just lazy, shows a lack of restraint and lack of class. He can't show his superiority on the course, but anyone with that much money who has to remind us how much he has as a show of one upmanship is a DB to the highest degree.

To me, the tweet showed a lot of what's wrong with a lot of pros nowadays. Essentially, Ian was saying I got paid a lot of money, so who cares if I won or not. It's just lazy, shows a lack of restraint and lack of class. He can't show his superiority on the course, but anyone with that much money who has to remind us how much he has as a show of one upmanship is a DB to the highest degree.

Well said!

Hmmm...

I suspect it hurt him.

I couldn't care less about Poulter or what he tweets. But to the people who like to anonymously taunt him.....

quote-oh-for-god-s-sake-get-a-life-will-you-william-shatner-168703.jpg

But he gets attacked in the first place cause of the way he acts. I understand what your getting at but you don't see every other person that didn't win that tournament get attacked on Twitter or called a choker. He brings it on himself.

here's why I think jitzy is exactly right. Westwood went on a similar, in my opinion worse rant a couple years ago http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/aug/12/lee-westwood-attack-twitter-trolls. but I don't have a problem with westy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giant, bag, of douche.

I am now officially NOT looking for Ian Poulter clothing in big and tall sizes.

Back