Introducing King Cobra Wedges

I'm not sure about this yet BUT I am a big fan of the performance. @Jman probably loves it

View attachment 9024427

I take mine to the beach (my inlaws live there) with me and leave them outside for a few nights. Between that and playing they usually patina up real nice.

This wedge creates a slight regret from ordering my Morgan Cup bag. I’m a one wedge guy. 56 bent to 55, open it up, use the scallop, create shots and enjoy. Enjoy so much I wish I would have not gotten the 7 wood and gotten a 60 wide low grind.
The 60° Widelow in my MC bag is just money when I want a high, soft landing shot! Anything from 50 yards to short sided it is amazing and effortless to just hop and stop the ball!

I know Cobra will market every new wedge as more forgiving, higher spinning, etc but in a direct comparison used by the average mid-handicap golfer, will they really perform significantly better? That you'd notice.

Maybe on toe strikes with the full face, but is an extra couple of hundred rpm of backspin significant for mid level hackers like myself?

That isn't trying to pooh pooh any of them, just a genuine question/concern.
I've often pondered this as I consider myself a mid-level golfer. Where I've landed is that they don't spend all that time and effort on R+D just to pull one over on the consumer. So even if there are marginal gains that I might not fully capture, it's worth the $20 or $30 to get the new model compared to a prior for me.
I'm not sure about this yet BUT I am a big fan of the performance. @Jman probably loves it

View attachment 9024427

Amazing wedges, and the raw finish is colouring beautifully! Absolutely shred soft golf balls though, the grooves are amazing - never had stopping power like them in wedges before!883DFF5F-3764-4689-8F80-CF47E812BE91.jpeg5DA0C149-4FAD-40EC-8914-FB60079A0716.jpeg

Is it wrong of me to absolutely HATE the sight of a golf club covered in rust?

Trusty Rusty has been a way to increase spin...Full rust is copper colored...and I love me my copper Forged Tec's

I finally caved, a wide low is inbound to give options at the low end of the bag depending on course conditions :cool:

Yea or nay on the copper paint fill? Do the other clubs? Fill in the middle badging? Crowdsourcing opinions here.

097DF1CE-D67C-4406-9866-5742EEBD83E6.jpeg

Yea or nay on the copper paint fill? Do the other clubs? Fill in the middle badging? Crowdsourcing opinions here.

View attachment 9025857
I would fill in the middle badging, jmho but just that small amount you have currently have makes it look....busy? 🤔

I would fill in the middle badging, jmho but just that small amount you have currently have makes it look....busy? 🤔
I don’t disagree with that all. There’s a reason I don’t jump into the other wedges yet. Something seemed off but I haven’t been able to peg it.

I finally caved, a wide low is inbound to give options at the low end of the bag depending on course conditions :cool:
Your gonna love it. It's a monster out of the sand, and have to say even the classics are coming into form for me. Love the versatility of opening up the face to hit some soft lob shots, but my go to is a low flight around the green, and with the right ball if checks up very nice. I feel like I have eliminated the skull shots that were giving me fits when I first got them.

Shout out to the Cobra shipping department amidst all this chaos! I placed an order for wedges and they shipped out in 3 days. Granted, I didn’t go custom anything, but to have stock gear in and ready to go in today’s climate is a big deal!

Now, is it next Wednesday yet?

The one thing I need to work on before the Morgan Cup is 20-90 yd shots. On full shots with the 54 and 58 I am getting consistent results. On partial shots everything is going long. I chip pretty well them but there is no need to go driver wedge if you can't hit the wedge. :unsure:

A little short game session with the 58… I hadn’t been as consistent as I would like when I have to pull it. Was fun getting it dialed in a bit this morning

DEA87232-7B7B-4F00-8AA4-6E5F8A2B1017.jpeg

Back