Irrational dislike of certain brands

Anders73

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm sure I'm not the only one but just wondered if anyone else has an utter dislike of certain brands whether the reason be rational or not. Even if these brands came up with the best product ever I'd have a hard time buying from them.
Don't be offended if you own these makes, as I said I'm irrational
Adams - I think it might be Faldo's fault, never liked the man, also not a big fan of the logo
Niblick - I can't seriously own something called a Niblick, similar issue with SeeMore
Nike - They make football gear not golf and Tiger (my dislike of Tiger stems from the same reason I dislike Roger Federer, so bloody good they are actually quite dull, give me an Andy Murray or Bubba Watson any day of the week)
Wilson - My last set of clubs that I grew to hate with a passion

Anyone else?

Callaway and Ping. Clubs always seem to look weird at address and feel funny when hit to me.

I'm sure I'm not the only one but just wondered if anyone else has an utter dislike of certain brands whether the reason be rational or not. Even if these brands came up with the best product ever I'd have a hard time buying from them.
Don't be offended if you own these makes, as I said I'm irrational
Adams - I think it might be Faldo's fault, never liked the man, also not a big fan of the logo
Niblick - I can't seriously own something called a Niblick, similar issue with SeeMore
Nike - They make football gear not golf and Tiger (my dislike of Tiger stems from the same reason I dislike Roger Federer, so bloody good they are actually quite dull, give me an Andy Murray or Bubba Watson any day of the week)
Wilson - My last set of clubs that I grew to hate with a passion

Anyone else?

I'm pretty open to most brands. For the most part I just want to play what I hit the best.

I have a pretty healthy dislike of Nike woods and all of their irons but the ProCombo and VR musclebacks. I don't know why, I just don't like them.

Also not a fan of Titleist golf balls. Couldn't tell you why on that one either.

I dont dislike much, but I cannot hit a callaway anything to save my life...irons, drivers, it doesnt matter

I use to be there on Nike with you until I hit their irons and did a 'blind' demo and picked it by feel and results.

Wilson has a great commercial out there with Padraig, where the guy said Wilson? are you kidding me? I think they realize how they are depicted in the market and need to make a change.

My perception against Callaway is going down quickly after a demo day where the rep had not a single thing for me to try as far as irons and drivers go that would be a good fit for me and he didn't even care he didn't.

Brand specific, I suppose Callaway, but more because of the car-hitting-deer sound that a lot of the drivers make, the square driver, and the stop sign dimples on their golf balls.. I've never had much luck with the brand, and I suppose that's created a bit of a silly bias against them.

Ping anything for almost the same reasons.. Can't hit them, don't care for the looks of them.

Edit::: I am really cheesed up about the Callaway uPro mx, so at least my disdain for the company is solely rooted in their golf clubs and balls!

I've always felt a certain way about Titleist. Not sure what it is but it seems to be the brand of choice of the "entitled" crowd, and this could be in part because of the Cameron thing, while other brands seem a little more working class to me. I've always viewed Ping as working class. Not alot of flash, but they get the job done.

Everything is subjective. We all have our favorite brands, whether it is golf clubs, clothes, cars and the list goes on and on.

Brand specific, I suppose Callaway, but more because of the car-hitting-deer sound that a lot of the drivers make, the square driver, and the stop sign dimples on their golf balls.. I've never had much luck with the brand, and I suppose that's created a bit of a silly bias against them.

Ping anything for almost the same reasons.. Can't hit them, don't care for the looks of them.

Oh, just remembered another - Srixon, I mean what the hell is a Srixon!!! I just find the logo and the word a little off-putting (no pun intended)

I really don't like Taylormade that much. I have always felt like they are over-hyped and under-perform. But to each his own. I've seen some guys smack the hell out of the R11.

(Yes I know I have a TM putter :D)

Nike - I think they don't care enough about golf so i don't care about their clubs.
Wilson - I can't shake the image of my swinging clubs and Tom Hanks yelling "Wiiiiiiiil sooooooooooon!"

I can't stand Taylor Made...idk they just seem like they popped up outa knowhere
Titleist seems like the legitis of legit...idk and i love their ap1 irons
Ping is differnet but not bad just ...different
Callaway...hmm i like them...they make the best bags ever(cept sun mountain) and there irons are gold...drivers are gross
Cleveland drivers hybrids and woods and wedges only...i dont like there irons...funny story-saw the headcover to the launcher dst thought it looked sweet so i had to try it...loved the club and bought it...kinda why i hate taylormade...clevelands biggest driver competitor haha

Oh, just remembered another - Srixon, I mean what the hell is a Srixon!!! I just find the logo and the word a little off-putting (no pun intended)

I wiki'ed it haha... It's owned by SRI Sports unlimited... I guess they thought -xon sounded awesome.

Nike - I think they don't care enough about golf so i don't care about their clubs.
Wilson - I can't shake the image of my swinging clubs and Tom Hanks yelling "Wiiiiiiiil sooooooooooon!"

Haha on the Wilson clubs, that's the sort of irrational dislike I'm on about

I'm sure I'm not the only one but just wondered if anyone else has an utter dislike of certain brands whether the reason be rational or not.

Anyone else?

Years ago, I learned that Nike was paying Michael Jordan $40 million per year and their Chinese factory workers $1 per day. No, thank you. There are too many other brands of sporting goods.

I wiki'ed it haha... It's owned by SRI Sports unlimited... I guess they thought -xon sounded awesome.

Srixon stands for Sumitomo Rubber Industries (SRI) Unlimited Dreams for the Future (X) Going Onwards (ON).

Haha on the Wilson clubs, that's the sort of irrational dislike I'm on about

You're welcome :glasses-nerdy:

Another strange one for me is the Titleist ProV1s. I pick them up on the course but won't play it because I think that it's only allowed to be hit by people who know how to hit them. So I give them to my coworker who is a 4 handicap.

Srixon stands for Sumitomo Rubber Industries (SRI) Unlimited Dreams for the Future (X) Going Onwards (ON).

Excellent work, my dislike of that brand has just doubled. Your company mission statement in the brand name has to be a no-no

Excellent work, my dislike of that brand has just doubled. Your company mission statement in the brand name has to be a no-no

:D:laughing:

Fair enough....I like them not because of their name but because of the product they put out in the Z-Star driver. To answer the original post, I play and like what works for me period - brand be damned!

Nike - don't need to go into details but have always been put off by their "in-your-face" commercials. Too bad, their blades look awesome.

Ping, except for putters, their clubs are ugly.

Fair enough....I like them not because of their name but because of the product they put out in the Z-Star driver. To answer the original post, I play and like what works for me period - brand be damned!

As I said it's utterly irrational, my F-in-law keeps telling me I should try Srixon balls but I just point blank refuse.......at least now I have a reason (slightly odd reason, which I'm sure he'll just shake his head at)

As I said it's utterly irrational, my F-in-law keeps telling me I should try Srixon balls but I just point blank refuse.......at least now I have a reason (slightly odd reason, which I'm sure he'll just shake his head at)

You're missing out, they are great balls.

I will hit just about anything out there except for Cobra gear. I just don't care for them in the past year or so. I find them to be very unoriginal. I liked my old f speed series of woods and I liked my old FP irons, but the past two years, they've just been completely lacking in originality to me.

I will hit just about anything out there except for Cobra gear. I just don't care for them in the past year or so. I find them to be very unoriginal. I liked my old f speed series of woods and I liked my old FP irons, but the past two years, they've just been completely lacking in originality to me.

Tend to agree, not very helpful providing a 43* PW and then a 55* SW either. I do like the logo though and Poulter is sponsored by them so I can't dismiss them entirely

Back