My Wife does these puzzles. Me not so much. I might find/fit a few pieces. Our Granddaughters help her quite often.

Once the puzzle is done, they paint it with glue, and they frame it. I usually make the custom fitted frame. Then it either goes on a family wall some where, or is donated to the local St Jude Ranch. Especially the nicer ones.

I just remembered this. About 5-6 years ago, my wife bought a decent size puzzle. It was a winter outdoor scene, with wolves involved. That's what the box lid showed. She kept it around for quite a while. Once she finally did open the box, the puzzle pieces were blank. We had a good laugh, and put it away. She still has this blank puzzle last I knew.

Last edited:
My Wife does these puzzles. Me not so much. I might find/fit a few pieces. Our Granddaughters help her quite often.

Once the puzzle is done, they paint it with glue, and they frame it. I usually make the custom fitted frame. Then it either goes on a family wall some where, or is donated to the local St Jude Ranch. Especially the nicer ones.

I just remembered this. About 5-6 years ago, my wife bought a decent size puzzle. It was a winter outdoor scene, with wolves involved. That's what the box lid showed. She kept it around for quite a while. Once she finally did open the box, the puzzle pieces were blank. We had a good laugh, and put it away. She still has this blank puzzle last I knew.

I would probably do the blank puzzle. 🤷‍♂️

I used to do a lot of puzzles when I was a kid - my mam did a lot and kinda passed that interest on to me

Did a lot of the regular shaped puzzles, but also had a number of novelty ones as well, such as one that came in a tin that looked like a tin of beans and, you can guess, it was a circular puzzle that looked like a plate of beans

A couple of the toughest puzzles I had were a map of the moon with all of the craters etc mapped out on it, and another that was titled 'Hay in a needlestack' which was effectively a lot of pieces with needles and others with the hay across it (example pic below)

Hay in a needle stack puzzle.jpg

I used to do a lot of puzzles when I was a kid - my mam did a lot and kinda passed that interest on to me

Did a lot of the regular shaped puzzles, but also had a number of novelty ones as well, such as one that came in a tin that looked like a tin of beans and, you can guess, it was a circular puzzle that looked like a plate of beans

A couple of the toughest puzzles I had were a map of the moon with all of the craters etc mapped out on it, and another that was titled 'Hay in a needlestack' which was effectively a lot of pieces with needles and others with the hay across it (example pic below)

View attachment 8980881
oh that looks horrifying.

oh that looks horrifying.
Haha, yeah, not for the weak minded

We are going to visit my mam tomorrow so I will see if she still has any of the puzzles that I did as a kid and if she does I will grab some pics

Here was my last. BD0DB8BB-5A5F-4A7F-92F8-F1926AA8F9EF.jpeg

Finished 3 custom puzzles in the last week, small at 250 -500 pieces but personal memories all. Made me miss Italy.

Nice, my daughter gifted me a 3000 piece puzzle for Christmas last year, but I just don’t have the workspace to finish it. Still had fun doing as much of it as I could.

I love jigsaw puzzles - but this looks like cruel and unusual punishment. Is this from the S&M division of Milton Bradley?

To quote Homer Simpson (referring to Monopoly), “ I don’t know how those Parker’s Brothers sleep at night.”

Same principle applies. 🤷‍♂️

How's this for 'destroy Dan's mental balance'..... Cal took a piece of the puzzle I was working on yesterday and we can no longer find it... So I "finished" the puzzle with a tiny little "F U" gap in the middle.

Naturally, I immediately got in the car, went and bought another one, and started on it before going to sleep... because that would have destroyed me.

One of 3 I had made from Zazzle.com and finished this week, they are small, but nice memories and this one makes me a bit nostalgic for Italy.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 2
At our school there is a huge panoramic jigsaw of the Sistine Chapel ceiling (maybe 3 feet by 8 feet?) glued together, framed and hanging on the wall in one of the classrooms.

This is the closest thing I can find on Amazon. I always thought that would be so cool to tackle something that large.

I think this may be it:

or this one: 18,000 piece puzzle measuring 10.5 feet by 5 feet

Last edited:
Monday off of work and just starting a little jigsaw with my daughter :love:

20201221_094440.jpg

Have a look at some of these.....

For all golfers and gardeners everywhere..... THIS ONE

And for you sweet lovers..... HOW ABOUT THIS

Have a look at some of these.....

For all golfers and gardeners everywhere..... THIS ONE

And for you sweet lovers..... HOW ABOUT THIS

The grass puzzle looks like so much fun, it’s inspired me to turn my avatar photo into a custom jigsaw puzzle. Now just have to find a good site to get it done!

Back