Lamkin I-Line Grips - Lamkin & Iomic Come Together

What has me curios is whether these make that much of a difference over the RELs. Similar in look with the exclusion of two colours vs one, and obviously the Iomic features.. I'm mostly curious about whether the added tech serves enough of a purpose to purchase a 10 dollar grip over a 5 dollar REL.

What has me curios is whether these make that much of a difference over the RELs. Similar in look with the exclusion of two colours vs one, and obviously the Iomic features.. I'm mostly curious about whether the added tech serves enough of a purpose to purchase a 10 dollar grip over a 5 dollar REL.

That will be a million dollar question. In hand the grips feel quite different to me. It will definitely be up to the individual as to whether or not they prefer one over the other.

I guess I view grip prices differently than most, but I completely understand where others have been coming from. My last set had $6 grips on them. That came out to $78. These will obviously cost $10 and that comes to $130. Definitely more money. However if one loves the look and the feel I see difference being not much more than a dozen premium balls.

Irons are expensive enough and my irons are something I want to enjoy each and every time I play golf. For the extra $52, I would get the grips I love. Depending on weather and how often you play, you are looking at a once a season cost usually at most.

I can understand that. Sure there are things I would pay extra for and will do in those circumstances. But I also say the same things about shoes. I really like my ecco shoes, but I have a hard time coughing up the extra money for them when find some others brands give me what I am looking for. It's why I do a lot of shopping online and on ebay so that I can find deals that help alleviate some of the costs. If I can find a grip that is comfortable, holds up well for a year+, and doesn't tear apart my hands for $5 a grip I'm happy. If I can't I jump up higher. I should note too that other than my 2 sets of pure grips that I've purchased I've never done a completely grip overhaul throughout my bag at the same time.

The durability factor intrigues me as well.. Do some grips last longer than others? Maybe, but is that really what most are designed for? I've heard some suggest that you should change your grips once every 40-50 rounds.

To continue on the REL comparison, if these last for a year, and the RELs are considered to last a half year, why not buy two sets of RELs and have fresh grips halfway through the year?

I can't wait to get this in my hands (hopefully galaxy sells them eventually) to see the difference.

The durability factor intrigues me as well.. Do some grips last longer than others? Maybe, but is that really what most are designed for? I've heard some suggest that you should change your grips once every 40-50 rounds.

To continue on the REL comparison, if these last for a year, and the RELs are considered to last a half year, why not buy two sets of RELs and have fresh grips halfway through the year?

I can't wait to get this in my hands (hopefully galaxy sells them eventually) to see the difference.

I can tell you that I played Winn grips for a long time and never got through half a season with them. The durability was absolutely terrible for me (and others in our area) and made me pursue grips from elsewhere.

That will be a million dollar question. In hand the grips feel quite different to me. It will definitely be up to the individual as to whether or not they prefer one over the other.

have you used the Iomics before? These honestly look like the Iomics with Lamkin on the label.

have you used the Iomics before? These honestly look like the Iomics with Lamkin on the label.

I have. These feel slightly different to me. It could be the "tread" on them.

see thats still high.... i doubt i'd throw these on all my clubs maybe still just my driver and woods.

I've never played Iomics, I'm debating on trying them, but from what I've read (not real world practical experience), they last longer than traditional rubber grips. So over a 2yr average if you regrip every year, it might very well equal out in the end. Unless you play a $1.99 grip.

I can tell you that I played Winn grips for a long time and never got through half a season with them. The durability was absolutely terrible for me (and others in our area) and made me pursue grips from elsewhere.

Are those the typical wrapped grips that are super soft and rub down?

I guess that grip change argument should be categorized by soft wraps and something more durable like a tour velvet, crossline, or REL.

That's how I feel about Iomic's. They would start tearing within 20 rounds. Pretty terrible, especially at the price. Hopefully Lamkin improves on that trait.

I learned about Pure grips from this forum and have never looked back. Those easily last a season and I play about 150 rounds.

Are those the typical wrapped grips that are super soft and rub down?

I guess that grip change argument should be categorized by soft wraps and something more durable like a tour velvet, crossline, or REL.

Yes, the Winn grips are super soft and wrapped. I don't see myself going away from one of the new Lamkin products I have tried as of late. Loved the series on the Tour Van and think I will enjoy these too.

other thing is the iomics tend to not be the most durable especially for the price.

I went through a couple very quickly on my putter and decided to go another route because of this.

Yes, the Winn grips are super soft and wrapped. I don't see myself going away from one of the new Lamkin products I have tried as of late. Loved the series on the Tour Van and think I will enjoy these too.

Absolutely agreed with you. Getting some grey RELs at the ATL Tour Van Stop onto my wedges and woods turned me into a total believer in them.

I did, however, buy a crossline ACE to try.. They looked very good, and am excited to see how it holds up and compares to the REL. Maybe I need to grab one of these as well to compare the entire collection.

Absolutely agreed with you. Getting some grey RELs at the ATL Tour Van Stop onto my wedges and woods turned me into a total believer in them.

I did, however, buy a crossline ACE to try.. They looked very good, and am excited to see how it holds up and compares to the REL. Maybe I need to grab one of these as well to compare the entire collection.

that one has my attention. Need to know how it does in wet or humid conditions. I like the original crosslines but they were god awful in those conditions.

i think the ACE is gonna be the big grip this year. i'm already excited about them and i just thew my 2 on today to try out.

I went through a couple very quickly on my putter and decided to go another route because of this.

Never had any problems with durability on the putter grips.... they actually are one of my favorites i have them on over half of my putters.... kinda surprising the Sticky 2.3 grip on my driver already has a thumb mark from swinging it. which is why i'm worried about durability at that price point they are at...

that one has my attention. Need to know how it does in wet or humid conditions. I like the original crosslines but they were god awful in those conditions.

i wet mine down after and took a few swings with it soaking wet i was VERY impressed i'll let you know how they do if i play this week in the rain.

Never had any problems with durability on the putter grips.... they actually are one of my favorites i have them on over half of my putters.... kinda surprising the Sticky 2.3 grip on my driver already has a thumb mark from swinging it. which is why i'm worried about durability at that price point they are at...
Weird me too. We're both equally awesome *high five*

I ran through this thread so it might be a bit of a skim. Are these like the Sticky from Iomic and are they going to have something like the x-evolution? The X is the best grip I have ever gamed.

I ran through this thread so it might be a bit of a skim. Are these like the Sticky from Iomic and are they going to have something like the x-evolution? The X is the best grip I have ever gamed.

they look like the sticky and i don't see any of the X Pattern on them so my guess is the Sticky 2.3 model

The first post has been updated with the official press release.
thank you!

These are on my very short list this year. I am quite intrigued. Plus, they look GREAT!

Maaaaaaaaaan, the more I look at the lime one now the more I'm torn on it or the Niion's for my wedges.

these for sure.

Then again, those green NIIIIIIIIONS look slick

these for sure.

Then again, those green NIIIIIIIIONS look slick

They really do both look good. And they both felt good at demo day too. Dang.

Back