LeBron to the NFL?!?!?!

fishymehta

Ahh... life is good
Reaction score
Handicap
14.0 OOB
So, apparently, Lebron James tweeted something about planning to switch to the NFL. I was watching ESPN, and apparently they picked up the "story" and are claiming he will be going to the Seattle Seahawks. Clearly the NBA won't have a season, but switching sports?

Am I the only one who thinks this is complete b.s.? Like seriously, Lebron James on the Seahawks? Yeah right....

Fellow THPers, what are your thoughts on this situation?

Its not happening haha. Its publicity

I would love to see him go limping back to the NBA after getting his clock cleaned.

He would have been an awesome TE/WR had he stuck with football, but at this point, he would get destroyed.

Lebron would never survive in the NFL. Physically, sure. Mentally, no way. Not to mention he'll make much more money playing pro bball.

As well as not being able to make it, he would never risk his basketball career. He would be a good WR/TE or he could be one of the best basketball players of all time.

He might as well. I wish more people had my mentality, in that now that there's a lock out in the NBA, I'll never watch another game or support those greedy bastards. What a slap in the face these over paid premadonna's do to the American public. We've been through/are going through the worst economy in my life time and these guys want more money? Palease!!!! I'm done with all of them.

He might as well. I wish more people had my mentality, in that now that there's a lock out in the NBA, I'll never watch another game or support those greedy bastards. What a slap in the face these over paid premadonna's do to the American public. We've been through/are going through the worst economy in my life time and these guys want more money? Palease!!!! I'm done with all of them.

College Basketball is better anyway. I don't watch the pros

I share the same sentiments

Would this have been your stance on the NFL lockout too? I didnt know the complete logistics of it, so Im genuinely asking.

In the case of the OP, I really hope he does make the switch. I think itd be great to see. I think he would do it and do it well.

Now I don't know the specifics of the NBA lockout. But isn't it an owner imposed lockout and not a player's strike? I also thought that the players are not asking for more, but want the same amount.

Eitherway, I think the NBA is a joke.

Thainer IMO the NFL is different because of the non guaranteed contracts.

Lock outs always occur b/c the player's feel as though they are being treated "unfairly" and that usually revolves around money. I wish they all got paid based on performance. We see what happens when someone gets that fat contract.

Yes thainer, I wouldn't watch another NFL game had the season not happened. I don't watch baseball anymore b/c of the strike in the 90's (or whenever that was). I find it to be obnoxious. These guys are playing SPORT for millions of dollars. Enjoy it you idiots!

Now I don't know the specifics of the NBA lockout. But isn't it an owner imposed lockout and not a player's strike? I also thought that the players are not asking for more, but want the same amount.

Its owner imposed because they are asking for a 50/50 split in the revenue. The players will not come down to that level (which is absurd) and right now are getting closer to 60% than 50%. THe problem is that Billy Hunter would probably go for the deal, but the players are listening too much to agents to cave and while some are starting to walk away from the tables, the majority and player reps like Derek Fisher are not. Right now I think its at 53% that the players will come down to, but more has to be met.

Its owner imposed because they are asking for a 50/50 split in the revenue. The players will not come down to that level (which is absurd) and right now are getting closer to 60% than 50%. THe problem is that Billy Hunter would probably go for the deal, but the players are listening too much to agents to cave and while some are starting to walk away from the tables, the majority and player reps like Derek Fisher are not. Right now I think its at 53% that the players will come down to, but more has to be met.

I thought it was 57% under the old CBA. Eitherway, I think it's ridiculous. The NBA players don't realize that not enough people care about their sport to come back to them, again, once the lockout is over.

I thought it was 57% under the old CBA. Eitherway, I think it's ridiculous. The NBA players don't realize that not enough people care about their sport to come back to them, again, once the lockout is over.

It is. The players have collectively agreed to roll it back to 53% to get a deal done.

That pretty much sums up why I don't watch any professional sports, except golf of course.

Lock outs always occur b/c the player's feel as though they are being treated "unfairly" and that usually revolves around money. I wish they all got paid based on performance. We see what happens when someone gets that fat contract.

Yes thainer, I wouldn't watch another NFL game had the season not happened. I don't watch baseball anymore b/c of the strike in the 90's (or whenever that was). I find it to be obnoxious. These guys are playing SPORT for millions of dollars. Enjoy it you idiots!

Thanks for the honest answer. I think its admirable.

I hate these guys. In the meantime, they'll fetch a cool million to go play a game in Italy. Give me a break.

Agreed. I haven't watched a full NBA game in 3 years. I can't stand the constant clear out and one on one offense all the time.
Basketball is a team sport and the NBA should try playing it that way......again.
Give me a college game any time.

Agreed. I haven't watched a full NBA game in 3 years. I can't stand the constant clear out and one on one offense all the time.
Basketball is a team sport and the NBA should try playing it that way......again.
Give me a college game any time.

As much as I love college basketball, the one and done rule has ruined that game. The NBA needs to get rid of that requirement. College ball just feels dirty with all these kids going to the school for one semester, in reality, and then jumping ship.

Thats called a strike. Lockout is owners feeling like they arent making enough money. Either way its about the rich getting richer. And Lebron to the NFL? Give me a break.

He'd only play 3 quarters anyway since he disappears in the 4th quarter

Thats called a strike. Lockout is owners feeling like they arent making enough money. Either way its about the rich getting richer. And Lebron to the NFL? Give me a break.

As much as I love college basketball, the one and done rule has ruined that game. The NBA needs to get rid of that requirement. College ball just feels dirty with all these kids going to the school for one semester, in reality, and then jumping ship.
Absolutely....however, I don't agree with the NBA getting rid of the requirement so to speak. I think these kids (children in most cases) should wait a little longer to enter the NBA or any professional sport with huge contracts. 19 year olds have a hard time making decisions while driving their Lambo and wha-la...those same 19 year olds are trusted to make good decisions with a CBA... Away with this, "hell na, they gonna' pay me" attiude.

Back