Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

To the testers, how does the trajectory with the B. Asha compare to the trajectory of your old shaft?

Can't really answer this as the one time I hit the the range was extremely higher than the landing area so looks could be deceiving. I'd rather just wait and get some hard data and on course testing before I answer this. I will keep your question in mind though.

Thanks Canadan and JRod. I'm really intrigued by the 5s, so I was curious about the trajectory of it.

Thanks Canadan and JRod. I'm really intrigued by the 5s, so I was curious about the trajectory of it.

What kind of flight are you looking for dude? Have you hit any Miyazaki shafts before?

I'll definitely keep this in mind during testing.

I play a 13* Callaway Ft-iQ with the stock Fubuki shaft. I like the distance I get but I feel like I could get more with a lower ball flight. If I'm lucky I might get 2 or 3 yards of roll. No I haven't hit a Miyazaki shaft before.

Which model did you go with?

B. Asha 4 X 0.335" Mid‐High 46" 53 4" 0.630" 7854 278 1231 5.7°

I'm currently gaming an RBZ Tour 8.0* with a Nunchuk (which I REALLY LOVE). My backup is a Classic 310 8.5* with a C.Kua 59X flex code 7785 (which I also REALLY love).

OK, I got my tip installed and butt trimmed down ~2"...will play a hair shy of 46" when bolted in...waiting for my daughter to wake up from her nap and we're out to test :)

OK, I got my tip installed and butt trimmed down ~2"...will play a hair shy of 46" when bolted in...waiting for my daughter to wake up from her nap and we're out to test :)

Ryan send over some pics if you can.

So I had a conversation with my resident golf buddy today. And he made a valid point. So me ask this with my head hung low. Currently I bring the driver through around the 119mph range, so they say at golf galaxy today. All that is fine and well but that is standing on it. And as it was pointed out to me I, almost 50, and I need to look at it for future use. So if I were to swing "easy". I figure its closer to 105. With the chance of age setting in where do I draw the line. I want something that if I stand on it I won't lose control, but also want something that will work for a smoothie as I call them. Is there a range with these that there is a trade off?

Ryan send over some pics if you can.

In the spirit of honesty, I should disclose that I run my own blog for a friend who owns a travel company. I do it on my own time, I have no sponsors, and I make no money from it. It's simply a way for me to have a creative outlet that combines my love of writing with my passion for equipment. I don't have it linked in my profile, and am not interested in ANY kind of promotion, I just wanna talk about golf stuff with other people. I do not have a staff, and somehow tripped into a really positive relationship with Cleveland Golf about 2 years ago. I found the thread by doing a google search on 'Miyazaki b.Asha raw shaft length'. I figured I should at least be honest because my sudden participation probably came out of left field, and when I received the shaft, it was not yet available to the public. I sat on it for a few days because I wanted to install it the right way, and hesitated to take a tour issue/unreleased shaft to an hourly wager at Golf Galaxy :). OK, now that that is done, here are some pics:

EDIT: The forum software indicates I am not allowed to attach to my posts. IMGUR directory is the best I can do for now. BTW, my son woke up before my daughter so he got to be the pic guinea!

http://imgur.com/a/dYc6D

Overall I echo the sentiment that the ball flight is higher than my nunchuk. I imagine that the '4' flex in the tip has something to do with it. In my experience, a lightweight XFlex shaft feels dull and boardy, but I was very impressed with the responsiveness of the B.Asha. It was active throughout the swing, and produced a very satisfying feel upon release...not unlike my nunchuk...one that I can only describe as "meaty". I was also to control the shape of the Asha easily, and distance was comparable to the Nunchuk (some hits longer, some shorter, overall about the same). I hate to post this on a thread with official testers, so mods please feel free to edit this into a pure picture post :)

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited:
So I had a conversation with my resident golf buddy today. And he made a valid point. So me ask this with my head hung low. Currently I bring the driver through around the 119mph range, so they say at golf galaxy today. All that is fine and well but that is standing on it. And as it was pointed out to me I, almost 50, and I need to look at it for future use. So if I were to swing "easy". I figure its closer to 105. With the chance of age setting in where do I draw the line. I want something that if I stand on it I won't lose control, but also want something that will work for a smoothie as I call them. Is there a range with these that there is a trade off?

15 MPH is a pretty big gap between swinging easy and "standing on it"

I would probably suggest a 7S but I don't really know as that is a huge variance.

Let me make sure I have it right.
Your swing speed right now is 119, but smooth its 105? That is a rather large difference. How would you describe transition tempo?

105 is a guess, It just feels really slower. And that may have to do with the feeling at transition. I know when I'm trying to stretch it out it feels like the power is generating far higher in the swing. Where as a smoother swing I feel like I'm easing down and more explosive at the bottom.

119 is an absolute beast of a swing speed and faster than many on tour. At that level, I would strongly recommend a fitting.

I guess I can wait and see what feels right next week lol

In the spirit of honesty, I should disclose that I run my own blog for a friend who owns a travel company. I do it on my own time, I have no sponsors, and I make no money from it. It's simply a way for me to have a creative outlet that combines my love of writing with my passion for equipment. I don't have it linked in my profile, and am not interested in ANY kind of promotion, I just wanna talk about golf stuff with other people. I do not have a staff, and somehow tripped into a really positive relationship with Cleveland Golf about 2 years ago. I found the thread by doing a google search on 'Miyazaki b.Asha raw shaft length'. I figured I should at least be honest because my sudden participation probably came out of left field, and when I received the shaft, it was not yet available to the public. I sat on it for a few days because I wanted to install it the right way, and hesitated to take a tour issue/unreleased shaft to an hourly wager at Golf Galaxy :). OK, now that that is done, here are some pics:

STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACH PICS!

Overall I echo the sentiment that the ball flight is higher than my nunchuk. I imagine that the '4' flex in the tip has something to do with it. In my experience, a lightweight XFlex shaft feels dull and boardy, but I was very impressed with the responsiveness of the B.Asha. It was active throughout the swing, and produced a very satisfying feel upon release...not unlike my nunchuk...one that I can only describe as "meaty". I was also to control the shape of the Asha easily, and distance was comparable to the Nunchuk (some hits longer, some shorter, overall about the same). I hate to post this on a thread with official testers, so mods please feel free to edit this into a pure picture post :)

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan you can attach pics through Photo bucket. See up an account, copy the URL and embed them into your post.

As far as your finding THP, it's of no importance. Just be honest and share with the forum. I believe the 4x is some where in the neighborhood of 53 grams unfinished. So slightly lighter once you trimmed the butt. You may also
Want to wander over to the 'check in area' and intro yourself to the forum.

I thought so too, but they are in the business to sell clubs not necessarily what is best. Not saying they would deceive anyone. Or I can't speak to the accuracy of that reading.

I thought so too, but they are in the business to sell clubs not necessarily what is best. Not saying they would deceive anyone. Or I can't speak to the accuracy of that reading.

The 7x will be right up your alley with those numbers.

Ryan you can attach pics through Photo bucket. See up an account, copy the URL and embed them into your post.

As far as your finding THP, it's of no importance. Just be honest and share with the forum. I believe the 4x is some where in the neighborhood of 53 grams unfinished. So slightly lighter once you trimmed the butt. You may also
Want to wander over to the 'check in area' and intro yourself to the forum.

Thanks a bunch, I'll do that once everyone in the house is asleep. In the meantime I posted some images to an IMGUR gallery, check it out:

http://imgur.com/a/dYc6D

I'll look into the photobucket option when my wife isn't screaming to bathe the kiddos and perform the bed time rituals!

Thanks,
Ryan

I think it's a b/s number but I do want to take a few passes with something. I always question the results when its information obtained from a retailer and not someone independent, maybe its just the sceptic in me. The number is irrelevant really I need to think about what is the comfort swing this year and the next couple. If its 75 then I need the right shaft to get the most out of that swing. That's really my quest. To find the shaft that will somewhat be graceful with age not on my side. I'm not a guy who buys new equipment every year. So it needs to say with me for a couple years. Heck I play with a Titleist 907 D1 from 6 years ago.

Today I ventured to the range to find a more believable club head speed. I'm not sure if these are any more accurate but they seem a bit more realistic. Clubhead speed was averaging 108.2 with ballspeed at 165. Using a Ping G20. Carry distance was 308-313. And I'm not anymore clear if these numbers are true as I was yesterday.

Today I ventured to the range to find a more believable club head speed. I'm not sure if these are any more accurate but they seem a bit more realistic. Clubhead speed was averaging 108.2 with ballspeed at 165. Using a Ping G20. Carry distance was 308-313. And I'm not anymore clear if these numbers are true as I was yesterday.

You shoulda bought that on the spot if it was straight. Carrying the ball 308? Heh....

Back