Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Thanks for the work so far guys. Can't wait to see some of the head to heads and hard numbers coming our way.

I'm seriously excited at the prospect of hitting some of these beautiful shafts at the outing next year. I have my head set on finding the perfect shaft for my game when I get that chance.

My goodness! Just got caught up and I am loving this thread. Jman, Wes, Dan, caddie all with great thoughts so far. I love my C Kua and Kusala shafts, and the B Asha may be next for me. would love to throw one in my Classic.

I am really excited for the classic combo.. So much anticipation.

I've heard the B.Asha referred to as the C.Kua on steroids so many times already. I have to think based on that you could easily find a series that works great for you!

JB, I don't know if this is the place for it but what is the deal with the "B. Asha Special" listed on the website. Is that going to be Cleveland's version of the B. Asha or is it part of the line with the rest of the shafts and will be available for purchase? I ask because the IFC is pretty interesting to me.

JB, I don't know if this is the place for it but what is the deal with the "B. Asha Special" listed on the website. Is that going to be Cleveland's version of the B. Asha or is it part of the line with the rest of the shafts and will be available for purchase? I ask because the IFC is pretty interesting to me.

I actually saw that too and wasn't sure about that. The IFC interested me a bit too.

If i were to venture a guess it would be the shaft that will be coming stock in one of the 2013 Classics.

This is correct.

Thanks JRod. I had a feeling that was the case which is why I asked. Look forward to you and the rest of the testers getting your B. Asha's. It's going to be a great testing.

I thought I remembered on the radio cast that next year they will not be using the "original" shaft, but the "made for" version. I have been wrong already several times today, so this could be added to that list. If I remember correctly, this will be the first year that they will not offer it as an OEM with the component.

So anxious to get this thing on a monitor.

I cant wait for you guys to start this testing! Looking forward to everyones thoughts and different takes on how the shaft performs.

I cant wait for you guys to start this testing! Looking forward to everyones thoughts and different takes on how the shaft performs.

I am too dude. This shaft has got some serious buzz from everyone. All sorts of different swings are saying this seems to work for them.

I am too dude. This shaft has got some serious buzz from everyone. All sorts of different swings are saying this seems to work for them.

With all the different weight and flex it would be hard to no to fit most everyone

With all the different weight and flex it would be hard to no to fit most everyone

I couldn't agree more. Plus, with 4 1/2 years of development, I'd expect nothing else from Miyazaki.

Very curious, as the intro states the shaft came uncut and you are using it in a RAZR Fit....did you both tip and butt trim to playing length? My impression is that it goes into a classic head at 45.75" playing length...if I wanted to use one in my RBZ Tour, should I take an inch off the tip and an inch off the butt to achieve the 44" required to play 46" in my RBZ? Or, is all butt trim OK?

THanks,
Ryan

Very curious, as the intro states the shaft came uncut and you are using it in a RAZR Fit....did you both tip and butt trim to playing length? My impression is that it goes into a classic head at 45.75" playing length...if I wanted to use one in my RBZ Tour, should I take an inch off the tip and an inch off the butt to achieve the 44" required to play 46" in my RBZ? Or, is all butt trim OK?

THanks,
Ryan

I wouldn't tip trim anything without measuring the CPM or being fit first. Tipping a shaft can drastically change things.

I wouldn't tip trim anything without measuring the CPM or being fit first. Tipping a shaft can drastically change things.

I have the spec sheet for the B.Asha and while it has a max tip section of 2", none is recommended for driver use. In my experience with a c.Kua 59X, a 1" tip will increase all flex codes by half a point or so. So, I'm thinking butt-trimming 2" from the B.Asha is safe. I've never used a Miyazaki in an adjustable driver, though. Thanks for the quick reply!

Ryan

THanks,
Ryan

I looked around and read a bit and decided NOT to tip trim it, plus I've always been that way traditionally in adjustable driver heads, I only butt trim as it always works for me.

I trimmed it from 46" to about 43.25" IIRC and it plays 45". It lost 4g's with the trim putting the shaft right at 49g.

I looked around and read a bit and decided NOT to tip trim it, plus I've always been that way traditionally in adjustable driver heads, I only butt trim as it always works for me.

I trimmed it from 46" to about 43.25" IIRC and it plays 45". It lost 4g's with the trim putting the shaft right at 49g.

This actually excites me a little more.. I'm going to match my current 310 at 45.25 which means I'll probably lose about 3g.. That puts me almost identical with the Kusala black.

I LOVE the idea of almost identical length and weighting in a head, with only the shaft as the real variable.

Thank you! This is what I'm looking for. Gonna trim it and glue the tip on today!

Thank you! This is what I'm looking for. Gonna trim it and glue the tip on today!

No problemo man, glad to help.

Welcome to THP as well, stick around!

This actually excites me a little more.. I'm going to match my current 310 at 45.25 which means I'll probably lose about 3g.. That puts me almost identical with the Kusala black.

I LOVE the idea of almost identical length and weighting in a head, with only the shaft as the real variable.

Same here Dan. It really shows the differences in shafts and let's you get a better feel for what we're testing. That way you know that the only difference is the B. ASHA.

To the testers, how does the trajectory with the B. Asha compare to the trajectory of your old shaft?

To the testers, how does the trajectory with the B. Asha compare to the trajectory of your old shaft?

For me, it was increased accuracy in a penetrating style flight. When I hit it I was on an elevated range so everything seemed a touch higher, but on course the flight was much more in the realm of what I have been looking for. I am transitioning from a stiff flex Matrix, and there's no doubt in my mind that I'm finding reduced spin and better flight overall.

Can't wait to get this into the 310 and on the range comparing.

Same here Dan. It really shows the differences in shafts and let's you get a better feel for what we're testing. That way you know that the only difference is the B. ASHA.

Are you doing something similar with the 290? That would be sweet.

Back