Nashville Hot Chicken

Sometimes in order to get legit food in this town , there is a risk reward analysis that you have to do...
I have a kid going to grad school in Nashville (hopefully) this Fall. She will love the food.

It's been mentioned severalvtimes but Hattie B's is absolutely delicious. Especially if you get the pimento man and cheese with it.

That looks good, but I just had a spicy from Chic-fil-A. That's my favorite!!!

There's a local place in Brandenburg, Ky called Home Plate that makes one of the best Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches I've had but I don't get that way very often.

A little Nashville Hot Chicken pizza

0B6B95B6-99C7-4F0B-AAEB-5C1B204DD761.jpeg

That looks amazing

I love Hot Chicken here in Nashville...
A lot of great places... Prince’s > Hattie B’s

There is a hole in the wall Hot Chicken place near the Opry Land Hotel called Scoreboard and it’s very good.
We went to the original Prince's after a football game a few years ago. It seemed like there were 100 people crammed in there in a space made for 50. Between that and the XX Hot I ordered, I was sweating bullets

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FA85B9D1-B59F-42A8-B0FE-B33B3B406774.jpeg
B5729D07-3F7A-4BB7-8006-F487A2A6F6E7.jpeg

I lived in Memphis for 25 years. I never once heard the term "Nashville Hot Chicken". Wasn't until I moved to Colorado that I heard about it for the first time.

I lived in Memphis for 25 years. I never once heard the term "Nashville Hot Chicken". Wasn't until I moved to Colorado that I heard about it for the first time.
Wouldn't they just call it "Hot Chicken" in TN?

I loved the hot chicken when I visited Nashville. They opened a place here in San Diego recently but the lines have been over an hour pretty much all day every day. I will definitely be trying it out when the crowds die dow.

Wouldn't they just call it "Hot Chicken" in TN?
I did a poor job of explaining. I lived there 25 years and never once heard that hot chicken was served anywhere in the state.....Nashville or otherwise. Guess Nashville Chamber of Commerce needs to step up it’s game.

I'm a fan of Gus's.

Lots of locations spread about these days.

Not to tough to make yourself at home if you already know how to make decent fried chicken. Spice up your batter and your buttermilk bath bath till it turns hot enough.

I'm a fan of Gus's.

Lots of locations spread about these days.

Not to tough to make yourself at home if you already know how to make decent fried chicken. Spice up your batter and your buttermilk bath bath till it turns hot enough.

I am a big fan of Gus’ too, and their batter does have a little kick, but it’s not Nashville hot chicken. Hot chicken is a totally different flavor and preparation. But that’s not to knock Gus’s because as far as Fried Chicken goes, it’s up there with some of the best.

I have this book and it is great. Has plenty of home recipes for hot chicken. I'm partial to the slaw recipes from our local Hot Chicken Takeover here in Columbus.

I did a poor job of explaining. I lived there 25 years and never once heard that hot chicken was served anywhere in the state.....Nashville or otherwise. Guess Nashville Chamber of Commerce needs to step up it’s game.
When did you leave? I'd never heard of it here until about 5 years ago when we had a place open up. I think it was a cult thing in Nashville up until around that time.

I lived in Memphis too before I moved to Nashville... I knew about Hattie B’s Hot Chicken even then... 🤷‍♂️

Gus’ is great, but different than Nashville Chicken.

When did you leave? I'd never heard of it here until about 5 years ago when we had a place open up. I think it was a cult thing in Nashville up until around that time.
Lived in Memphis from 1990 to 2015. I drove to Nashville every other weekend from 1997 to 1999 to visit my then wife who was a student at Vanderbilt. Never heard of it. It wasn’t until I moved to Colorado in 2015 that I first heard of Nashville Hot Chicken.

Hmmm have you had them yet @JB

Back