New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Man those look really good in the in hand photo. How were they in the bright sun?

Nice interview, @Canadan. This iron looks awesome. It is no surprise that this offering was coming. I think I even mentioned it either to @OITW or on a thread that his next Morgan Cup iron would likely be the next iteration of the FTB and this makes total sense.

Man those look really good in the in hand photo. How were they in the bright sun?

No issue at all with glare.

Great video and we'll done @Canadan. Love the look of these and can't wait to get the chance to swing them

Overall a nice looking iron. If I had a wish in these, I would have toned down the KING a little, but that's being nitpicky. Good job Cobra!

I want these! Is it time for the MC signups yet? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall a nice looking iron. If I had a wish in these, I would have toned down the KING a little, but that's being nitpicky. Good job Cobra!
I wonder if just pulling the paintfill out would satisfy a lot of comments similar to yours.

I wonder if just pulling the paintfill out would satisfy a lot of comments similar to yours.

It is very interesting how much different the market place is on the Internet than the general buying public as it pertains to backside graphics and fonts.

It is very interesting how much different the market place is on the Internet than the general buying public as it pertains to backside graphics and fonts.
I thought the KING was awesome. Not the same look, very much a vocalized representation of what you're playing.

Also, it needs a crown.

I would likely pass over Cobra irons if it weren’t for THP feedback. So, OK. Look good. If I have a chance to hit, I will do so with an open mind.

I have only hit one of these “hollow” irons so far. I don’t know if I’m sold on this approach or not. I do like how visually clean they look. Keep all that helping tech hidden. Stronger lofts, however, IDK. Sure it’s the trend and many rock them with great outcomes. For me? TBD.

two quick pics next to newest version of P790. These are slightly smaller it appears

View attachment 8910548
View attachment 8910549

Man, crazy that it's smaller than the P790 and similar topline though - can't wait to check out that turf interaction.

@Stemmy66 going to have a lot to share with you haha

I knooooooooow

Can't tell you how many times I went back in my phone to stare at these hahahaha

MORE PICS!!!!

Question about the microsphere foam...will it ever weaken or shrink inside there? All of these irons have the port where its injected and a screw that appears removable I wonder why that is?

The one thing that REALLY has me excited about Cobra doing an iron like this, is how much consideration they have put into the sound of their irons over the last few releases. I haven't hit one yet that I think sounds bad, and one of my biggest complaints about some of the other hollow body irons like this is the mediocre sound.

If they nailed it? Oh man.

Question about the microsphere foam...will it ever weaken or shrink inside there? All of these irons have the port where its injected and a screw that appears removable I wonder why that is?
All I know, is they promised they would switch in some blue screws for me hahahaha

The one thing that REALLY has me excited about Cobra doing an iron like this, is how much consideration they have put into the sound of their irons over the last few releases. I haven't hit one yet that I think sounds bad, and one of my biggest complaints about some of the other hollow body irons like this is the mediocre sound.

If they nailed it? Oh man.

Hearing this just has me even more

A lot to like going on here. Great little video running it down and a whole lot of tech, also no surprise they’re in on the hollow body movement now.

My only personal thing is the giant KING lettering, little bold for me on an iron who’s lines are otherwise so so clean. But, I know most here will go crazy for it.
Maybe if you took the paint fill out it wouldn't stand out as much?

I was told no worries there. And let’s be honest the life cycle of THPer clubs wouldnt outlast it haha

I would like to try these even though I just got some 919 JPX

these look really good. i’m reminded of an exec from another oem who said if you’re not first, be second. basically, don’t be the last to get on a trend bandwagon. i’m curious how these differ from others in the same category. i watched the video, and i’m thinking maybe the pwrshell face is the big differentiator? as well as offering one length.

i hope they retained some of the sound/feel from the last foreged tec. maybe one of my favorite feeling irons of all time.
I agree T-MB to P790 to Epic Forged to MMC to HMB to King forged. Seems like the copycat game is strong. It's funny that the originals never got any saturation LOL!

I was told no worries there. And let’s be honest the life cycle of THPer clubs wouldnt outlast it haha

Haha good point. I was just curious. All these types of irons have that port and just wonder why that is. If it didn't appear to be removable I probably wouldn't be as curious.

Back