New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I think I want to swap out shafts. Everyone I've played with using the KFTs is shocked at how high I'm hitting it. Wondering if a little change makes all the difference in the world.

What do you guys think?
Tour V 110.
Tour V 120 (x).
KBS Proto (S-Taper) 120.

Your call.

I know you like the lighter shafts, but I would go with one of the latter two. If not, I would hard step the 110s for sure.

I think I want to swap out shafts. Everyone I've played with using the KFTs is shocked at how high I'm hitting it. Wondering if a little change makes all the difference in the world.

What do you guys think?
Tour V 110.
Tour V 120 (x).
KBS Proto (S-Taper) 120.

Your call.
Wouldn’t the Tour V 110’s and S-taper 120’s be a bit soft for you?

Wouldn’t the Tour V 110’s and S-taper 120’s be a bit soft for you?
Tour V 110 has been my go-to for ages.

Soft is relative, as far as I'm concerned. 120 sucks for me. 110 is golden. I suppose hard stepped is the big solution, but not an option haha

Soft is relative, as far as I'm concerned. 120 sucks for me. 110 is golden. I suppose hard stepped is the big solution, but not an option haha
Extensions? I'd be an excuse for new grips. You like those.

What do you guys think?
Tour V 110.
Tour V 120 (x).
KBS Proto (S-Taper) 120.

Your call.

I'm always surprised you like lighter shafts so much. I think either soft stepping the 120 tour Vs or going for your trusty 110.

Besides ball flight being too high is there anything with the recoils you dont like?

Hello guys, I'm new here. ... and from Germany. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a branch of the THP over here. That's why I always read your topics with envy.

I've been playing irregularly Golf with my Nike Vapor Fly Pro for 4 years (since I started golfing). Now my handicap is 19 and I think it's time for a new fitting. Tomorrow I have a fitting appointment and (also because of this thread!) I tend very much to the Cobra Forged Tec irons. In my selection are also Taylormade P790 and Mizuno MP20 HMB. What do you think? Despite my poor HCP, a sensible choice or rather nonsense? I'm a little afraid that these distance irons are "too good" for me.
Almost only very good golfers seem to be writing here and that makes it hard for me to compare myself to them. But I want to get better and don't like the looks of ugly game improvement irons. :D

Can you talk me out of my idea or do you support me? :)

Cheers!

Hello guys, I'm new here. ... and from Germany. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a branch of the THP over here. That's why I always read your topics with envy.

I've been playing irregularly Golf with my Nike Vapor Fly Pro for 4 years (since I started golfing). Now my handicap is 19 and I think it's time for a new fitting. Tomorrow I have a fitting appointment and (also because of this thread!) I tend very much to the Cobra Forged Tec irons. In my selection are also Taylormade P790 and Mizuno MP20 HMB. What do you think? Despite my poor HCP, a sensible choice or rather nonsense? I'm a little afraid that these distance irons are "too good" for me.
Almost only very good golfers seem to be writing here and that makes it hard for me to compare myself to them. But I want to get better and don't like the looks of ugly game improvement irons. :D

Cheers!
First, welcome! Happy you found us and jumped in.

Second, I don’t think it’s a bad idea at all, and I think the three you listed are more forgiving than their looks sometimes lead people to believe on an outside glance. I’m also a believer in the fact that if you don’t like what you’re looking down at then you’ll never fully get everything out of them.

Having owned or tested all three sets, the Forged Tec will afford you the most forgiveness of the three with the best overall sound/feel. Plus, they’re not ultra low spin which is a good thing.

Cheers!
I have both the MP20 HMB and the Forged Tec and agree with JMan that the Forged Tecs offer more forgiveness across the face and you really will not lose anything in the feel category. Good luck with the fitting and let us know what you end up with.

I’m also a believer in the fact that if you don’t like what you’re looking down at then you’ll never fully get everything out of them.

THIS! If I don't like the look of it I don't want to play it.
The Forged Tecs are my favorits and I also like the idea of the Arccos System integrated in the grips.

Shafts: Cobra offers a lot of stock shafts (although I am not shure if all of them are available in germany). Could you give to me a recommendation based on my club head speeds?
Or at least an advice that I could take with me to the fitting?

Driver: 102 mph
5i: 89 mph
6i: 87 mph
7i: 85 mph
PW: 80 mph

THIS! If I don't like the look of it I don't want to play it.
The Forged Tecs are my favorits and I also like the idea of the Arccos System integrated in the grips.

Shafts: Cobra offers a lot of stock shafts (although I am not shure if all of them are available in germany). Could you give to me a recommendation based on my club head speeds?
Or at least an advice that I could take with me to the fitting?

Driver: 102 mph
5i: 89 mph
6i: 87 mph
7i: 85 mph
PW: 80 mph
I would not try to guide the fitter and just let him see what you do with the stock shaft and go from there. Club head speed is just one small component in finding the right shaft.

What do you guys think?
Tour V 110.
Tour V 120 (x).
KBS Proto (S-Taper) 120.

Your call.
Tour V, I find the S-Taper to be a high ball flight for me

What do you guys think?
Tour V 110.
Tour V 120 (x).
KBS Proto (S-Taper) 120.

Your call.

That custom experiment didn’t last long

Is anyone else noticing that the longer irons are hot and long, but the shorter irons aren't as hot? They are still good, feel nice, smooth etc... don't get me wrong, but just not "hot" like the longer irons. I'm assuming it may be because of the tungsten in the longer irons but I'm not sure. Are you finding the same thing?

Is anyone else noticing that the longer irons are hot and long, but the shorter irons aren't as hot? They are still good, feel nice, smooth etc... don't get me wrong, but just not "hot" like the longer irons. I'm assuming it may be because of the tungsten in the longer irons but I'm not sure. Are you finding the same thing?

I only notice a difference in the pw and gw.

Mine is from the 8 iron on down. 8 down through gw are almost identical yardages as my previous set before the Morgan Cup. But the 7 iron and up are definitely longer.

Same for me. Just PW and GW. Biggest one for me is from 9 to PW.

@PippinDerKleine If you are interested in graphite, the stock graphite option (Project X Catalyst 80) is good for the forged tec. I have similar swing speed and that is what I am playing in stiff shaft. The fitter will be able to get you dialed in on something that works. My fitter wanted me in a little heavier steel, but graphite helps with the pain in my hands and that was more important to me than ideal performance. Someday, I would be interested in a heavier graphite in these.

Have you ever tried SteelFiber 110x?? Ive got them in my other iron set and wedges. Love them... flatter flight for me compared to c-taper lite 115x. I wanna try hard stepping the c-taper lites. I like the weight but think that could be a great fit

Have you ever tried SteelFiber 110x?? Ive got them in my other iron set and wedges. Love them... flatter flight for me compared to c-taper lite 115x. I wanna try hard stepping the c-taper lites. I like the weight but think that could be a great fit
yeah, sadly they don't activate well for me. Just feel super harsh and too spinny.

I'm going to go back to what is "home" to get a baseline, and then we'll go from there.

yeah, sadly they don't activate well for me. Just feel super harsh and too spinny.

I'm going to go back to what is "home" to get a baseline, and then we'll go from there.
I'm super curious to hear about that. They're kind of home for me too, and I was surprised when I put them together. Wondered if my swing/expectations had changed or if that combo just really soared, because the difference between that and the protos was nowhere near what I was expecting. Hoping? Hoping is probably better.

I'm super curious to hear about that. They're kind of home for me too, and I was surprised when I put them together. Wondered if my swing/expectations had changed or if that combo just really soared, because the difference between that and the protos was nowhere near what I was expecting. Hoping? Hoping is probably better.
I've got the heads prepped for install probably tonight. Will make for some fun considerations once I get them back on the course.

These irons are crazy long and a lot of fun to hit. Right now I’m playing these as a club longer than what I’m used to

Need to get these on a monitor (if that ever happen in IL) to dial in distance
e95a8e776a81ef504b461dc1485c07ed.jpg

621fbf1d0be28d4cafce32d91b1f80da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These irons are crazy long and a lot of fun to hit. Right now I’m playing these as a club longer than what I’m used to

Need to get these on a monitor (if that ever happen in IL) to dial in distance
e95a8e776a81ef504b461dc1485c07ed.jpg

621fbf1d0be28d4cafce32d91b1f80da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a couple LONG 6 and 7 irons my friend. Very nice!!

Back