Nike Vapor Flex/Speed Fairways and Hybrids - Preview Thread

I'm putting standard UTx on mine, the stock grips are shat for sure.

Nike Vapor Flex/Speed Fairways and Hybrids - Preview Thread

Not sure what Nike was thinking there, worst stock grip I've seen in a long time.

Unfortunately it's gonna be a bit before I can swap it on the 3h but I'll manage.

Not sure what Nike was thinking there, worst stock grip I've seen in a long time.

Unfortunately it's gonna be a bit before I can swap it on the 3h but I'll manage.
Its bad bad. I hate the 2g wrap.

Can you get other grips as part of a fitting or do you have to sort that out yourself afterwards

Can you get other grips as part of a fitting or do you have to sort that out yourself afterwards
They can order whatever grips you want I would imagine

i don't want the Nike grip on here so when mine comes it will be ungriped. Debating if i go with the Green Lamkin Rel 3Gen or a different color in the UTx or UTx wrap?

Thoughts anyone

All my Nike Vapor woods have been regripped with black UTx until I can snag some of the Masters green ones.

All my Nike Vapor woods have been regripped with black UTx until I can snag some of the Masters green ones.
Can't wait to see how they give those away this year.

Thanks....that is the route I am going. Picked up some black UTx today for this and the flex 3w which is probably going to be my next 3w

First round with the flex 3 and its replaced my other 3W. Love the ball flight and it appears I can control this club much better than past clubs. Really encouraged after round 1.

First round with the flex 3 and its replaced my other 3W. Love the ball flight and it appears I can control this club much better than past clubs. Really encouraged after round 1.
Did you cut yours down or leave it stock? I was having some great success leaving it stock.

The more that hit them, the more that say that. Believe it or not, the hybo is better.

The more that hit them, the more that say that. Believe it or not, the hybo is better.

That's scary....and exciting.

I've really liked Nike's hybrids in the past few years, back to the VR_S. I need to get some swings in with the Flex. I could see the top of my bag being pretty volt-y this year.

I've really liked Nike's hybrids in the past few years, back to the VR_S. I need to get some swings in with the Flex. I could see the top of my bag being pretty volt-y this year.

my bag is shaping up that way. getting my flex 3h today and the flex 3w is on the way. I have the Vapor Pro driver as a possible addition to the bag.

Jman, I saw you had the 3w set at 16 and 17 degrees, how is it working for you as a 4w? I've got too big a gap between my 3i and 5w and was thinking about going from D>3w>5w to Dr>4w>utility.

Jman, I saw you had the 3w set at 16 and 17 degrees, how is it working for you as a 4w? I've got too big a gap between my 3i and 5w and was thinking about going from D>3w>5w to Dr>4w>utility.

I love it. With the Flex 3h coming in it'll settle in at 16* for me, need to cut it down a bit out of personal preference. But, I've had no issues off the deck and its a killer off the tee.

I love it. With the Flex 3h coming in it'll settle in at 16* for me, need to cut it down a bit out of personal preference. But, I've had no issues off the deck and its a killer off the tee.

Exactly what I didn't need to hear. Thanks.

looking forward to my 3w coming in hopefully next week. 3h is here and hopefully get to hit it soon(snow needs to go away).

I was suppose to get my 3H yesterday but with the weather the have delayed it until Monday. I cant wait to finally get this in the bag.

I absolutely stole a 3 wood today from golfsmith. Traded in 913 D2. Manager said he'd give me 150 with the bonus if I bought club today. Plus 50 off 250 coupon. Paid 60 bucks for a flex 3 wood!

On to the club. Wow it amazed me. Every strike with it I was like a kid on Christmas. The feel. The sound. The distance. Everything about it. I put it up against the alpha, Xr, and r15. The flex won by a mile. For some reason it was so much easier to hit off the deck. I do prefer the smaller head too. Not to mention it comes the shaft of my preference.

Can't wait to put the 3h in play tomorrow.

If it's as good as I'm hearing then the 4 and maybe 5 will be had soon.

Can't wait to put the 3h in play tomorrow.

If it's as good as I'm hearing then the 4 and maybe 5 will be had soon.

im im itching to hit mine. Hopefully next week with the warm weather coming. I love the way it looks at address.

After reading a lot about these hybrids I was excited to try them out today at the store. I hit about 20 balls or so and I just wasn't hitting it well. I thought maybe my swing was just in a funk, I brought my current Hybrid in for comparison (Adams Idea Super S 3H). I hit 5 shots with each. My adams was just so much better, it wasn't even comparable. I really wanted to like the Nike but it just isn't for me. I tried both the flex and the speed, I think they are meant for a better golfer than myself.

After some thought, I think it's the stock shaft, i feel like they are too heavy for me. I can definitely feel a difference in weight from the Nike and my adams.

Last edited:
Picked up the Vapor Flex #w today. Saw 13.5 launch off the deck and som solid carry. Club felt a it heavier than I expected but looks good at setup. Can't wait too put in play.

Back