Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Transfer down then back up to D1 and go pro after junior year. That'll give him time to clean up the image.

--
Tapatalk2

For a guy that came out and said he is the best player in the country, I doubt he is going to swallow his pride and play D2.

For a guy that came out and said he is the best player in the country, I doubt he is going to swallow his pride and play D2.

$$ talks.

--
Tapatalk2

unless he transfers to a D2 school he will have to sit out a year.

This is correct. If he wants to transfer and play next year he needs to go to a non-FBS school (formerly D1).

Haha he would dominate!

$$ talks.

--
Tapatalk2

He can sit this year out and still be a top 10 pick next year. There are plenty of teams in the NFL that do not care about character.

Really? That seems like an odd rule to me. There's probably good reason behind it though. I wonder how this will play out.
Its in place so you dont have players just jumping from school to school every year.

Janoris Jenkins did it and he is 100 times the player this turd is .

He can sit this year out and still be a top 10 pick next year. There are plenty of teams in the NFL that do not care about character.

you realize he is 5'9 dont you ? he would never be a top 10 pick even if this hadnt happened.

you realize he is 5'9 dont you ? he would never be a top 10 pick even if this hadnt happened.

I dont like the guy. I am merely speaking from his warped point of view.

with another season like 2011 he would have been First round with out a doubt. Top 10 though, nah don't think so either.

You realize Troy Polamalu is 5'10"

You realize you both sound childish?

Both guys play bigger.

--
Tapatalk2

you realize troy polamalu is a saftey not a CB?

You realize they are both DB's and it is not at all uncommon for a college corner to play safety in the NFL?

The dude is freaking talented, and if he can get his act together will be coveted in the NFL.

you realize troy polamalu is a saftey not a CB?

Yes I do, the way he plays I always projected Mathieu to be a safety in the NFL. I could be wrong but his style always seemed more suitable to safety.

You realize you both sound childish?

Both guys play bigger.

I don't know if that comment was aimed at me but that was my point. Doesn't matter how tall some guys are, they play much bigger than their actual height. I was using Polamalu as an example.

And in a move that could shake up the entire college football landscape, LSU has dismissed Heisman Trophy Finalist Tyrann Mathieu from the team. Apparently he was kicked off the team for violating the teams drug policy for a 2nd time. Shame to see talented players throw it away.
This is terrible to hear. Have no interest in LSU, but it is sad to see someone so talented hurt his teammates who worked so hard this offseason. Hopefully a year off, or being humble enough to go D-1AA (or whatever it is called now) would help him with some life lessons and maybe he can come back better.

Yes I do, the way he plays I always projected Mathieu to be a safety in the NFL. I could be wrong but his style always seemed more suitable to safety.

There are quite a few scouts that would disagree with you on that one.

I agree. I don't know how you say he is just going to move to safety, I would think with that speed most teams will project him as a corner/returner.

I agree. I don't know how you say he is just going to move to safety, I would think with that speed most teams will project him as a corner/returner.

To be fair, guys move around all the time and during scouting there are 3 key elements that are addressed with smaller linebackers and defensive backs. Depending on where they fall is one of the major factors in which position they end up playing.

I hear you. It's simply an opinion from watching him play. I have no idea what most teams project him as. I just think his style of play (ball hawk who likes to hit) will ultimately be best used at free safety. Hopefully he can get his act together so we can see him reach his potential in the NFL regardless of the position he plays.

He doesn't have to go D2. He can go FCS too and not have to sit. Then he'll go pro. It's not the same thing.

Tyrann Mathieu is an idiot. I really want to lay into him, but all I am going to say is that he won't succeed in the NFL. His attitude, work ethic, dedication, and overall lack of intelligence will make him just another sad story of wasted talent.

Lololololol hehehehe hahahah. :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back