Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really going to get them? Kmac told me what kind of pricing you got. Wtc did you get that kind of price from?

I need to pay GG for this months MC payment and then these will be mine. If not for a crappy broken computer I would already have the cashola for them

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Why the 950's? Wouldnt the 1050's be more suited for your game and swing?

I don't know Kmac. I've only ever hit and tested the 950's.

I don't know Kmac. I've only ever hit and tested the 950's.

Dude - when is your RBZ 3 wood coming in?

Dude - when is your RBZ 3 wood coming in?

it should have shipped yesterday but i haven't received confirmation. i expect it next week.

it should have shipped yesterday but i haven't received confirmation. i expect it next week.

LOL stupid slow shipping eBayers.

Nice. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I know you have played a lot of different fairways, so I know you will accurately and honestly review it. I'm really curious to see if it really does deserve all the praise it is getting. I always get a little skeptical when every comment from everyone everywhere is overwhelmingly positive.

LOL @ 12" wenis.

Too much distance from a 3W is my favorite reason to not get the RBZ. Really? It goes too far? Who are you? Tiger? Sounds good to me. I did see a few people that had the same experience as chunky did though. And a couple that saw no distance gains.

That one's been cracking me up, too. I can only assume people are saying it flies too far off the tee to be their layup club on shorter holes. There are plenty of ways to correct that, including buying the 5 wood.

Maybe what those people really need is a better driver, that can hit the ball a lot farther than the RBZ 3 wood.

Pondering a Bushnell Hybrid. Think I can sell my V2 and only be out of pocket about $100 which seems to be worth it to add GPS.

Or wait and get the golf buddy voice GPS for a 150.

Pondering a Bushnell Hybrid. Think I can sell my V2 and only be out of pocket about $100 which seems to be worth it to add GPS.

Or wait and get the golf buddy voice GPS for a 150.

That is the one that clips on your hat right? May need to look into that some more.

Yeah it looks to be about the size of a iPod nano

That is the one that clips on your hat right? May need to look into that some more.

Found a guy selling a Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2 brand new for 200$. Thinking of trying to talk him down to 175 or so.

In 110% pondering mode over a Mashie M1 and M3. I love my M2!

OK, just got back from Golfsmith where they had the Cleveland Classic 10.5 290. Holy Lord, I love this driver!!! I have to get to the airport, so I'll elaborate more on the vector monitor results later, but I'm at full KMac/OEM ponder level on this beautiful piece of equipment. You will be mine Cleveland Classic, oh yes, you will be mine.

OK, just got back from Golfsmith where they had the Cleveland Classic 10.5 290. Holy Lord, I love this driver!!! I have to get to the airport, so I'll elaborate more on the vector monitor results later, but I'm at full KMac/OEM ponder level on this beautiful piece of equipment. You will be mine Cleveland Classic, oh yes, you will be mine.

Wow, looks like we'll have a Classic drive fest the next time we play together! Awesome.

Found a guy selling a Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2 brand new for 200$. Thinking of trying to talk him down to 175 or so.

Could anybody give me a guess on a value for this? 200$ brand new seem like a good deal?

I vote for you to get in-flight wifi please.

Stopped by GG to hit the RBZ FW's took some nice cuts. Was talking to the salesman he had me try the 3 and the 3HL and I asked him what he thought would work best off the deck. He recommended the 5 FW said it would get better height off the deck which I had not thought about. Will have to ponder this one.

Its a good deal for a new one.

Stopped by GG to hit the RBZ FW's took some nice cuts. Was talking to the salesman he had me try the 3 and the 3HL and I asked him what he thought would work best off the deck. He recommended the 5 FW said it would get better height off the deck which I had not thought about. Will have to ponder this one.

Here is a question I have because I heard the same thing yesterday. While the 5 wood will give more height due to loft, I am still not sure on how that helps assist in hitting a FW off the deck? Which I have struggled with consistently for years. Did you get to try it at all off the deck and see the outcome?

Rolled the Scotty Cameron Fastback today. This is the newer version in the California line. What a great looking putter. Love the deep mill job on these. Felt nice and soft and was easy to align. Really liked the pistolero grip. Just fits in the hand perfect

Rolled the Scotty Cameron Fastback today. This is the newer version in the California line. What a great looking putter. Love the deep mill job on these. Felt nice and soft and was easy to align. Really liked the pistolero grip. Just fits in the hand perfect

I do like the looks of that model

The Fastback's is my favorite looking putter. Just sets up well to my eye

Looks like a half mallet heal shafted, correct

I vote for you to get in-flight wifi please.

Haha, ok, checked in and have a little time before the flight.

I probably took about 15 swings with the 10.5 290 Cleveland Classic. It had the stiff C. Kua shaft with the 8722 profile.

First of all the looks are really, really good in person. Better than the pics as many have already said. I'm one of the ones who initially wasn't that impressed with the looks via pictures, but I actually am now am firmly in the "like the looks of the club" group. I would have been happy with neutral on the looks so this was a pleasant surprise. But what I love most about the look and feel in hand, is that this driver, more than any other I've ever hit, inspires unbelievable confidence that I'm just going to absolutely crush the ball. Maybe its the framing of the gold, maybe its the ginormous face, maybe its the sound, and probably all of the above, but I just love the confidence this gave me when I set up and when I swung.

Now to the raw numbers from the Vector Launch Monitor:

Here are the averages of my best 10 out of the 15 swings:
Swing Speed 117
Ball Speed 171
Launch Angle 10.2
Spin 3750
Side Spin 450 Slice
Carry Distance 281

So, I probably could use a little stiffer shaft as my spin numbers are at least 1000 rpms too high. But despite the high spin, the launch is probably a couple degrees lower than optimal. I think though I can correct that mostly by teeing it a little higher than what I teed it at in the hitting bay (I'm used to teeing lower for my lower profile current driver). But getting 280+ carry with 10* of launch is pretty good, despite the spin. I think getting this in the C. Kua X or maybe even the Kusala white 58X would definitely help with the spin numbers as long as I could still launch it at 11 or 12 degrees. I wish I'd though of teeing a little higher before I left Golfsmith.

But man, even my "bad" swings were pretty darn good. Shortest carry distance out of 15 swings was 265 yards. I LOVE the sound and feel when hitting this thing. I love the forgiveness that seems to be there across the face.

I hit my current gamer afterwards and was hitting it about 10 yards shorter than the Classic with my best swings, and about 2 mph slower clubhead speed (makes sense, its heavier). I'm probably contacting Blind 9 about this wonderful weapon very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back