Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callaway Razor Fit, full on ponder!

Dude. 281 carry? You are mashing that thing.

Thanks for the post, dude. Does look like a shaft fitting could bring even more yards out of it for you.

That is the one.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Dude. 281 carry? You are mashing that thing.
Yeah, this club just screams, "Mash it". You are going to love yours when it comes in, I can pretty much guarantee it. Which model did you go with?

Thanks for the post, dude. Does look like a shaft fitting could bring even more yards out of it for you.
Yeah, I think I can get a little more out of it, but I'd game it as is... that's how good it felt. Its hard to describe how awesome it felt to swing that bad boy. Going to see how much the Kusala white would cost me. I'd buy it the 290 with the C. Kua X without remorse right now though if it made much better financial sense.

I can see this in your bag for the MC for sure. its just so sweet. I wanted to walk out of golfsmith with this under my William's headcover.

Time to jump on the plane.

Yeah, this club just screams, "Mash it". You are going to love yours when it comes in, I can pretty much guarantee it. Which model did you go with?

Yeah, I think I can get a little more out of it, but I'd game it as is... that's how good it felt. Its hard to describe how awesome it felt to swing that bad boy. Going to see how much the Kusala white would cost me. I'd buy it the 290 with the C. Kua X without remorse right now though if it made much better financial sense.

I can see this in your bag for the MC for sure. its just so sweet. I wanted to walk out of golfsmith with this under my William's headcover.

Time to jump on the plane.

I went with the same that you hit in the store - 290 C. Kua Stiff. My SS should be good for the flex, but it's not near where yours is.

Wow golf4life that is an awesome update. Hmmm

Any reason for the ponder?

Ive been thinking about the times I hit it. It was was very straight just low. I think if I put a solid shaft in the club I'll do some fairway hunting.

I went with the same that you hit in the store - 290 C. Kua Stiff. My SS should be good for the flex, but it's not near where yours is.

I think it'll be really good for your swing

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Wow golf4life that is an awesome update. Hmmm

I haven't been this psyched about a club since mashie - gate at the 2010 thp outing

Ive been thinking about the times I hit it. It was was very straight just low. I think if I put a solid shaft in the club I'll do some fairway hunting.

You hit a lot of clubs so it excites me that you want the Fit

I haven't been this psyched about a club since mashie - gate at the 2010 thp outing

I wish golf galaxy would get these already.

I am not pondering anything for the next two weeks. Happy with my bag until I can try out the new Cleveland stuff.

Damn, Golf4Life just put me back on the Classic train.

Haha, ok, checked in and have a little time before the flight.

I probably took about 15 swings with the 10.5 290 Cleveland Classic. It had the stiff C. Kua shaft with the 8722 profile.

First of all the looks are really, really good in person. Better than the pics as many have already said. I'm one of the ones who initially wasn't that impressed with the looks via pictures, but I actually am now am firmly in the "like the looks of the club" group. I would have been happy with neutral on the looks so this was a pleasant surprise. But what I love most about the look and feel in hand, is that this driver, more than any other I've ever hit, inspires unbelievable confidence that I'm just going to absolutely crush the ball. Maybe its the framing of the gold, maybe its the ginormous face, maybe its the sound, and probably all of the above, but I just love the confidence this gave me when I set up and when I swung.

Now to the raw numbers from the Vector Launch Monitor:

Here are the averages of my best 10 out of the 15 swings:
Swing Speed 117
Ball Speed 171
Launch Angle 10.2
Spin 3750
Side Spin 450 Slice
Carry Distance 281

So, I probably could use a little stiffer shaft as my spin numbers are at least 1000 rpms too high. But despite the high spin, the launch is probably a couple degrees lower than optimal. I think though I can correct that mostly by teeing it a little higher than what I teed it at in the hitting bay (I'm used to teeing lower for my lower profile current driver). But getting 280+ carry with 10* of launch is pretty good, despite the spin. I think getting this in the C. Kua X or maybe even the Kusala white 58X would definitely help with the spin numbers as long as I could still launch it at 11 or 12 degrees. I wish I'd though of teeing a little higher before I left Golfsmith.

But man, even my "bad" swings were pretty darn good. Shortest carry distance out of 15 swings was 265 yards. I LOVE the sound and feel when hitting this thing. I love the forgiveness that seems to be there across the face.

I hit my current gamer afterwards and was hitting it about 10 yards shorter than the Classic with my best swings, and about 2 mph slower clubhead speed (makes sense, its heavier). I'm probably contacting Blind 9 about this wonderful weapon very shortly.

Awesome update buddy. Your Williams is officially pi$$ed at you now!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

You hit a lot of clubs so it excites me that you want the Fit

I'm also filling my bag with Morgan Cup gear. J40 DpC irons, callaway razor fit driver, Cleveland 588 custom wedges. Haven't decided on hybrid and 3w or putter. But by the outing I will have a bag full of mc gear. Represent in FLA

That's pretty awesome, Freddie.

I'm also filling my bag with Morgan Cup gear. J40 DpC irons, callaway razor fit driver, Cleveland 588 custom wedges. Haven't decided on hybrid and 3w or putter. But by the outing I will have a bag full of mc gear. Represent in FLA

I love this dude. We need to get you a Bettinardi although I understand your infatuation with the Drone as I share those feelings.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Im with you on that Freddie, my bag will be a combination of all three that are sponsoring the MC 2.0. Already have the Cleveland bag, Bridgestone J40 DPCs on their way. Need to keep pondering the rest of my setup. However, I dont think the SeeMore will be going anywhere.

Oh G4L why would you put me in ponder mode? I really wasn't impressed with the looks but it may be growing on me. i really wanna see it in person. might have to hit this now. I love a driver i can just try to get up and kill it every time.

Oh G4L why would you put me in ponder mode? I really wasn't impressed with the looks but it may be growing on me. i really wanna see it in person. might have to hit this now. I love a driver i can just try to get up and kill it every time.
Then I think you would really like the enormous face of the Classic. Looking down at it at address gives off some serious confidence.

Then I think you would really like the enormous face of the Classic. Looking down at it at address gives off some serious confidence.

yeah i really wanna see it in person... i don't like them to be huge but i like theres different options.

I love this dude. We need to get you a Bettinardi although I understand your infatuation with the Drone as I share those feelings.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I'm down with a Bettinardi, the drone is firm in my putting collection. Pioneering the Cleveland Black 3w or mashie 3w. And maybe a J40 hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back