Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
90s for the highs both Saturday and Sundy with little chance of rain. Even better, the wind is supposed to onlky be around 10 mph all weekend. Beats those 45-50 mph gusts and 25-30 sustained winds we have been getting! We are planning on getting out on Sunday since we both work Saturday.

It was 79 and sunny here today. No humidity. Just a slight breeze.

Paradise!

70 here today with a slight breeze. Supposed to be 80 tomorrow so I am playing early, 7am.

absolutely perfect today... but i worked

absolutely perfect today... but i worked

Yeah, same thing. But I saw two wrecks today. Would have missed that had I been golfing.

Swampa$$ hot here right now. There was a haze of water vapor hanging over the river today. I'm either wearing white or black shorts tomorrow. Definitely not taking the chance of getting all Garrigus.

Swampa$$ hot here right now. There was a haze of water vapor hanging over the river today. I'm either wearing white or black shorts tomorrow. Definitely not taking the chance of getting all Garrigus.

Then I say you better go with the black. No need to take the chance of going all Westwood with the white, haha.

Then I say you better go with the black. No need to take the chance of going all Westwood with the white, haha.

It's Sunday and I'll likely choke, so maybe white is the best choice!

It's Sunday and I'll likely choke, so maybe white is the best choice!

Then maybe you should wear black pants with a red shirt. Oh wait . . .

For the past week or so, the temperatures here have gotten about in the upper 90s with a heat index of around 106 or 107. I was really looking forward to the warmer weather, but it's a little too soon in the year for this warm. It's supposed to be about the same tomorrow and I'm teeing of around 2:00. I guess I'm just asking for a trip to the hospital.

Played Wednesday. It was ungodly hot. There were parts of that course that must have had a heat index of 120. Not a cloud in the sky either. I wante to walk, but it would have killed me. Gonna try again Wednesday...

Rain has stopped in perfect time!!!

Going to enjoy the slightly cooled weather as much as I can! ~100 yesterday was just about too much for me.. Hopefully I can get my round in today without it getting hotter than 85.

enormous thunderstorms yesterday... and the course was packed
absolutely gorgeous today... the course was wide open

Heavy rain showers for the first 5 holes, but after that it was nice and sunny

It's overcast, a bit breezy, but sun looks like it might pull through. Not warm at all, but I've got a half day at work and I'm heading to the course!

Always good weather here in Southern California. Different story when I go up to the central valley to visit my family, really hot and dry.

heat index of 120 but i still played lol

Severe T-storm watch thru midnight. Chance of rain all weekend, Sunday more than Saturday (Sunday is when we want to play!).

Severe T-storm watch thru midnight. Chance of rain all weekend, Sunday more than Saturday (Sunday is when we want to play!).

it just poured down about 1/2 an hour ago... huge t-storm

Man I know a good bit of this thread covers parts of the country where the winter sort of shuts us golfers down and we are surely one of those here in the Northeast. But the courses are just getting drowned around here at this point. We had a few days of temps in the mid to high nineties here in New Hampshire last week (unheard of for June) but solid rain before that with a week of solid rain on the way. The courses are really wet around here with a good deal of moisture just under the surface. So more rain just saturates the courses again and you can hardly walk on them without doing some damage. Are you guys in Mass. seeing the same sort of course conditions or are they draining better? So many of our courses here are on ledge so there is really not that much depth of soil to hold water.

it rained pretty good last night but at least it softened the teebox's up and cooled everything down about 10 degrees

Nice and sunny today with hardly any breeze. Made for a hot round

We have our 9-hole league this afternoon. It should be a nice, muggy 95-98 by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back