Official Hole In One Thread

Congrats, Terry!

My First Hole-in-One....8-8-13
Par 3 142 yards Hole # 10
Happy Valley Golf Course Wilson, NC
Hit a Rocketbladez 8 iron, landed about 1 foot short of pin, bounced and disappeared in the hole.

Congrats!

Congrats!

Well... I have three.

1st: Par 3 -152 yards - Center pin. It was a windy day and pull out a 6 iron to keep it low. Ended up shanking it into a tree that is about 10 yards right of the green. That bounce led to my first hole in one. It wasn't pretty, but i'll take it.

2nd: Par 3 - 157 yards - Back left pin. (7 iron) It was an elevated tee box and the green was not visible, from the tee box. Both my playing partner (my boss) and I both thought we were long. We found his on the front of the green and couldn't find mine. I looked for my ball and he pitched his close to the hole and then said.... "I think your ball is in the hole." Fun when your boss is there.

3rd (and best): Par 3 - 145 yards - Back left pin. (8 iron) I have never hit a more pure shot in my life. It had great flight towards the pin. It sat down and checked up. I was excited about that. And then is was sucked into the hole like someone turned a vacuum on. I say it's my favorite because I actually got to see it go in AND it didn't hit a tree or bounce off a path to get there.

I realize some don't have any and I am WAY fortunate to have three. These are the kind of shot that keep me coming back for more.

Great Stuff! Awesome.

1000246_10151565907475911_561536565_n.jpg

Look what I received from Bridgestone today! Wasn't expecting the cool coin and magnet banner!
ageranyh.jpg

Look what I received from Bridgestone today! Wasn't expecting the cool coin and magnet banner!
y9enahu3.jpg
Congrats KB! That's pretty cool

That's awesome, Kelly. I would carry the banner with me everywhere.

That's awesome, Kelly. I would carry the banner with me everywhere.

It's magnetic so it won't stick to me. Boo! They need to improve on that. LOL

That's so cool! I think the closest I've been was when I was 9 years old and that was 6 inches away. How I have gotten this bad over the years is beyond me.

Congrats that's some awesome stuff from Bridgestone.

That is awesome KB! Bridgestone rocks

My wife has been so close her last two rounds. On Monday it rolled over the hole and bounced off the back edge to two feet. On Tuesday, I wasn't there, but she told me it lipped out and ended up two feet away.

This coming Monday might be her day!

Well... I have three.

1st: Par 3 -152 yards - Center pin. It was a windy day and pull out a 6 iron to keep it low. Ended up shanking it into a tree that is about 10 yards right of the green. That bounce led to my first hole in one. It wasn't pretty, but i'll take it.

No hole-in-one's for me, but this one reminded me of my uncle's only ace. It was an elevated Par 3, 131 yards. Beyond the green is a steep sloped hill with a visible house at the top. There's a large net put up to protect the house. It's probably 30 feet behind the green. My uncle put his tee shot into the net hard enough that it threw the ball back onto the green and into the hole. A shot that you could never duplicate again if you tried.

lol, I like that, no style points on a HOI the only requirement is that you get it into the bottom of the cup.

Kelly, that's awesome! Does the magnet stick to OG's head, by chance?

I'm still not sure if it has totally sunk in yet.

2nd Round of the club championship. 16th hole playing 181 yards into the wind and the shot was beauty. Perfect trajectory and landed a few feet short of the cup and rolled right in.

700C131B-4BE7-4362-A407-7D6C5BE65989-2473-00000175ACEF0BA4_zps11c9a965.jpg

E30358BD-910D-422B-8C51-487901797C63-2473-00000175A00B3538_zpsafd81ff3.jpg

Congrats dude! I'm guessing it will take awhile to sink in haha

Awesome! Congrats on the ace. Also nice to see sweet UT flags in Arkansas. I know you love that.

Nice Arkie, congratulations on that ace! That's awesome that you did it in your club championship as well. Good timing.

Awesome! Congrats on the ace. Also nice to see sweet UT flags in Arkansas. I know you love that.

Thanks! Haha!

As for the orange on the flags, this is a small town and the school colors are orange and black. As a result, there is a lot of orange to be seen around here. Heck, I've even got a orange and black golf bag and orange and black seat covers on my cart.
Also, my local school, though not very big, did send a couple of football players to UT around 10 years ago... Bret Smith and Roshaun Fellows.
We've also had a few play for the Hogs the past few years. You may remember Jarius Wright, Chris Gragg, and Greg Childs.
Not bad for a town of a little more than 6,000 folks.

Congrats Arkie!

Back