Once again, cancer sucks...

it's at the point that surely a few of us in this thread have it and are not yet diagnosed or will have it. My mom had thyroid, my wife had a breast issue, my best friend just got diagnosed last month with terminal bone cancer. Dr. initially told him he was on very short time. He has since responded very well treatment and the physicians are starting to consider options. We can not seem to escape this disease.

f*ck cancer

Yup. F cancer. Just buried a friend a few days ago. Mother of 4 girls aged 11-15. F cancer.

I have lost my grandfather, mother, brother and brother-in-law to cancer of various types. So I heartily agree with the F cancer sentiment.

Last May, I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a form of bone marrow cancer, and the one that got my brother. I have gone through rounds of chemo, bone marrow biopsies (the worst) and an autologous bone marrow transplant. Now I am on a maintenance drug and am in remission. I am now committed to fulfilling dreams and desires, which include more golf and more international travel.

To those of you battling this scourge or caring for a loved one, I offer my hopes for recovery and would advise you not to give up hope. The research is making a difference and one never knows what will come next. 12 years ago, when my brother was diagnosed, the transplant technology was in its infancy. Now it is standard of care, achieving great results, and immunotherapy is engendering great hope among doctors.

May God bless all of you fighting this horrible disease.

I have lost my grandfather, mother, brother and brother-in-law to cancer of various types. So I heartily agree with the F cancer sentiment.

Last May, I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a form of bone marrow cancer, and the one that got my brother. I have gone through rounds of chemo, bone marrow biopsies (the worst) and an autologous bone marrow transplant. Now I am on a maintenance drug and am in remission. I am now committed to fulfilling dreams and desires, which include more golf and more international travel.

To those of you battling this scourge or caring for a loved one, I offer my hopes for recovery and would advise you not to give up hope. The research is making a difference and one never knows what will come next. 12 years ago, when my brother was diagnosed, the transplant technology was in its infancy. Now it is standard of care, achieving great results, and immunotherapy is engendering great hope among doctors.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Thank you for sharing that and I'm really glad you're in remission. I can't even imagine going through all of that, you're one strong person!

Once again, cancer sucks...

So very sorry to hear of your struggles but so very glad to learn of your remission. Wonderful post, beautifully said. And so very true.

When I was only 10, I lost a young cousin, Sean, to leukemia when he was only 16. A short time later, my aunt, Sean's mother, succumbed to the same disease.

Years would pass when Sean's brother Vinny would also be diagnosed with the same form of leukemia. Only, due to scientific advancements, he beat it, and handily at that.

My mom is a 2x cancer survivor and I've lost so many of my extended family to various forms of the disease. One of my best friends is battling stage-4 colon cancer right now. Amazingly brave, positive and focused. Forever an endearing inspiration. As is yourself, and all who battle, past and present.

God bless.

Today was a blah day. Nothing happened, just kind of was feeling the weight of stuff. The doctors told us being the spouse wasn’t easy...I think today was my first day of feeling it.

Today was a blah day. Nothing happened, just kind of was feeling the weight of stuff. The doctors told us being the spouse wasn’t easy...I think today was my first day of feeling it.

Thinking about you and your family Kapp

Hang in there dude. I’m a pm away do you need to chat.

thinking about you and your loved ones frank.

You & your family are in my prayers Kapp

sending good vibes your way.

eff cancer x100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Prayers for you kapp.

I've been thinking about my mom a lot lately. I'm saddened that my daughter only got to know her for 2 years and my unborn child will never meet her! I am glad she is no longer suffering!

So sorry to hear this. I will pray for Shea’s health and for your family. Cancer does suck!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear this. I will pray for Shea’s health and for your family. Cancer does suck!!!!!

Thanks for the note. We're 3 years in now and still hanging in there. She starts radiation next week to address some tumor growth in her spine. But things have mostly remained stable, which is a blessing.

Thanks for the note. We're 3 years in now and still hanging in there. She starts radiation next week to address some tumor growth in her spine. But things have mostly remained stable, which is a blessing.
Continued prayers for the both of you.

There are a million great ways to help beat this damn disease. Here’s one that we’ve been involved with for several years - my son’s Scout troop does a Relay For Life fundraiser through the American Cancer Society. Last year he set a record by walking just under 26 miles. He’s got extra motivation to do better this year. If anyone would like to contribute click the link, search for “St Anthony Scouts” then scroll to the bottom to find that group. Every little bit helps. Thanks! (And thanks to all of you who have privately reached out to me - it means more than you know).

https://secure.acsevents.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=relay_donate_now

Back