Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

Just scheduled an iron fitting next week. I've pretty much settled on i20s. However, I will hit whatever he offers me to try. From what I've seen when I've hit these, there isn't much that will compete, but I always want to honor the process.

Just scheduled an iron fitting next week. I've pretty much settled on i20s. However, I will hit whatever he offers me to try. From what I've seen when I've hit these, there isn't much that will compete, but I always want to honor the process.
I like it!

I love that this thread is still going strong. Speaks volumes to the irons IMO. I'll be getting mine out this afternoon, love it.

I like it!

I love that this thread is still going strong. Speaks volumes to the irons IMO. I'll be getting mine out this afternoon, love it.

It really does. A buddy of mine just got fit for these after I recommended he check them out. He was playing the i10s. Said he gained at least a club, which is impressive as he destroys the ball already. I won't be able to hit them as far as he does, but you can bet your hat that I'll be taking some swings with them when we play together next (this Friday). He ended up with close to what I think I'd get.

I like it!

Indeed.
I also think it says something since other OEM's are pretty much copying them. My Mizzie's are effectively the same club with a sole grind add on stock.

Nice to see that people are still getting so much milage out of them.

I hit two large buckets this afternoon and basically just hit the 9 iron the whole time. These bad boys are CONSISTENT. Even though I was testing little tweaks in grip, tempo and takeaway, I basically stayed within 10 yards of my target on any given side. Even the couple I hit thin managed to get there (thanks to roll out).

These get my vote for Iron of the Year!

TapAhoy!

FINALLY!!!!!!

Ordered 4-PW today. Green dot, 1/2"long CFS Reg, hard stepped once. Grips loose in box.

Can't wait to get them. It was really close between these and the 825 pros. Also really close between the CFS R hardstepped and the KBS tour S. My numbers were almost identical.

FINALLY!!!!!!

Ordered 4-PW today. Green dot, 1/2"long CFS Reg, hard stepped once. Grips loose in box.

Can't wait to get them. It was really close between these and the 825 pros. Also really close between the CFS R hardstepped and the KBS tour S. My numbers were almost identical.

Longest ponder to OEM EVER! Congrats on the new sticks.

Longest ponder to OEM EVER! Congrats on the new sticks.

Thanks. I think you are right though. I don't buy irons often, but when I do, I buy i20s. :)

FINALLY!!!!!!

*internet high five*

I got out on the course this weekend after the storms. I noticed that on the course, the draw that I have on the range, and off the tee disappeared and I had a much straighter ball flight. I also developed a low 100 yard 8 iron that I can fire off from the trees haha. I'm loving these irons so far, I think I am going to try and grab a set gap wedge cause I use that club for full swings.

That's good news minarets. I can't imagine hitting anything else.

Thanks guys. I was starting to think it would never happen. Can't wait.

Congrats and welcome to the club Minarets. You will love the sticks.

TapAhoy!

FINALLY!!!!!!

Congrats man! I still ponder these on a daily basis. Your specs are almost identical to mine so I am extra jealous. :D

I couldn't decide if I wanted a 3i or UW, so I went 4-PW and will play that for awhile until I figure out what I am missing more.

I couldn't decide if I wanted a 3i or UW, so I went 4-PW and will play that for awhile until I figure out what I am missing more.

I went 4-PW, too...and added a 21* hybrid. So far it's a more comfy set-up for me.

I went 4-PW, too...and added a 21* hybrid. So far it's a more comfy set-up for me.

Nice. I typically like hitting my 4i but haven't hit a 3i in years. My 3hybrid is my favorite club in the bag (original TM rescue mid that I will never get rid of).
I have a large gap between my PW and my 53* wedge, but my GW in my MX200 rarely, if ever, gets used. I usually prefer a 50% or 75% swing with my PW more than using my GW or UW.

Nice. I typically like hitting my 4i but haven't hit a 3i in years. My 3hybrid is my favorite club in the bag (original TM rescue mid that I will never get rid of).
I have a large gap between my PW and my 53* wedge, but my GW in my MX200 rarely, if ever, gets used. I usually prefer a 50% or 75% swing with my PW more than using my GW or UW.

Yeah, that's kinda my logic as well. I can hit a PW shorter, but can't really beef up the 4i a whole club length!

This thread is epic. I bought new irons this spring and am having success with them but I still wish I would have hit these bad boys. I need to get my hands on these at some point this fall.

I think I am going to get a 4i and a GW at some point. I wanted to wait and see how I hit the 5i so I would know if I would even use the 4i, and I think I would. The PW is my favorite club in the set, and thats why I think I am going to order a GW.

Getting these back out today, windy now so I'll be ripping 3i off some tee's. I love it!

Just packed my i20's for a trip to Vegas!

Back