Playing wtih "bad" players

I don't care what you shoot as long as you aren't a jerk (to yourself or others) and keep an acceptable pace (yes I know that varies, just don't be the guy everyone is waiting on...every hole).

Never had an issue at any THP event with anyone of any skill level.

I have played with players from one end of the spectrum to the other, with Dan & Freddie on one end and one THPer playing his first round ever and another playing his second round ever. I would gladly tee it up with any of these fine gentlemen any time or place. It really is all about the fun of playing with folks who have a passion for the game and THP as much or more than yourself.

Unless you're throwing clubs or just clueless about etiquette I'm cool with playing with people of all levels.

You sound like the majority of THPers I have played with including myself. You will never have any issues at a THP event. All about the fun and not the scores.

Truth, truth, truth.

THP events are judgement free golf, for real. Its all about fun, smiles, and living up the moment!

I am sometimes good, more often terrible, often fast, and sometimes excruciatingly slow (dependent on the trouble I am in).

Skill level doesn't decide enjoyment on the course.... attitude does, and moreso how you let your/others play affect you.

Skill level also doesn't decide slow play. I know excellent players who are terribly slow, and terrible players who play super fast. Everyone has their own pace. I prefer faster, it keeps me in a better rhythm.

Just don't be a crybaby about it and we're good to go.

Truth, truth, truth.

THP events are judgement free golf, for real. Its all about fun, smiles, and living up the moment!
Listen to this man. He watched me put on one of the worst putting displays imaginable for an entire weekend, then a full fledged swing collapse on the last 9 holes, both of which took us out of contention. And he had nothing but fun and was nothing but a great partner.

For me...it's not about being bad....it's about 1. Pace of play 2. Having fun 3. No negativity

Other than that, I don't care if someone shoots 150.

As long as you don't claim pro status then throw up 13's you're safe.

I don't care what someone shoots as long as they keep up. Never had any issue with 5 plus THP events .

I'm usually the terrible one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played with a guy yesterday that was pretty new to golf, but the people in front were slow as it is so I wasn't going anywhere.

As long as you're not a d!ck i'll tee it up with you.

Also, we were all really bad at one point or another it's called learning the game.

I don't care if the person is a bad player...I have had rounds where I am really bad, so I feel sorry for who I am playing with, but it is about having fun.

As long as smiles and laughs are shared, skill is not a requirement for a round with me.

As long as you don't claim pro status then throw up 13's you're safe.

I don't care what someone shoots as long as they keep up. Never had any issue with 5 plus THP events .

I'm usually the terrible one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope we get to play together at some point before you quit!!

As many have said I don't mind it as long as you keep your pace up. I play with my FIL every Sunday and he shoots in the 110's. Doesn't matter what course we play, but he keeps his pace up and doesn't waste time.

katman:

I totally understand your point and, likewise, I hesitate to enter many events, not just those of THP. By any and all standards, I qualify as a senior so I play from the senior tees and only enter senior events (I belong to two local senior golf associations). When playing from most regular men's tees, many par 4s become par 5s for me. I also understand that most events include some sort of partnership or team. Believe me, I understand and appreciate that any potential partner will not hold my play against me and just wants to have fun. Unfortunately, I have the personal problem that I never the less feel that I let my partner down. I can't help it, such failure just bothers me.

katman:

I totally understand your point and, likewise, I hesitate to enter many events, not just those of THP. By any and all standards, I qualify as a senior so I play from the senior tees and only enter senior events (I belong to two local senior golf associations). When playing from most regular men's tees, many par 4s become par 5s for me. I also understand that most events include some sort of partnership or team. Believe me, I understand and appreciate that any potential partner will not hold my play against me and just wants to have fun. Unfortunately, I have the personal problem that I never the less feel that I let my partner down. I can't help it, such failure just bothers me.

Man I understand that too but I hope you eventually move on from that one day. This is such a wonderful game and everyone of us has struggled and shot poor scores, every one of us. I would never feel let down from a playing partner and I played with Wardy when he gave our opponents like 70 shots in Florida and we lost on the second hole lol.

No one at a THP event cares what your score is. You wanna quad a hole, fine, because I've done it multiple times. Your pace of play is the only thing that may ever bother someone, but pace of play and score are very independent. I've played with people who shot 100+ and still played fast.

THP Events, at least for me, are more about just enjoying ourselves and the company of other golf fanatics.

~Rock

I've had some great round with some terrible, terrible golfers. As long as they're respectful of pace of play, I don't care. In general, pace and skill aren't correlated, some of the slowest golfers out there are lowish handicaps, but if you're carding 8-10 on most holes, the lower limit on pace is higher. But, on the whole, I've found most people start resorting to the foot wedge when the number starts climbing.

My regular playing partner is my wife, and she's probably a 30ish handicap from the reds. I've also played some REALLY bad golf myself with THPers and had a fantastic time doing it. For me, it's the company, and not the golf that makes a round.

Its all about the attitude for me. I only hate playing with d-bags. Played a round with my landlords last year. They are awesome people and tons of fun. They shot somewhere between 120 and 160 each, the round took 6+ hours, and we let every group that came up on us through and I had an absolute blast. Skill level is completely irrelevant to me.

I've never had a bad time at a thp event and never will.

You sound like the majority of THPers I have played with including myself. You will never have any issues at a THP event. All about the fun and not the scores.
DITTO!!!

Wow...thanks for all the replies...it definitely underscores what is important to THPers!

I'm happy to play with golfers of any and all skill levels at THP events. Its not about how good anyone is, its about the community and the game itself.

Heck I'm the same way at my home club. My regular Sunday group is filled with guys from 4 handicap to 20 handicap. And we always have a good time golfing together.

I'm happy to play with golfers of any and all skill levels at THP events. Its not about how good anyone is, its about the community and the game itself.

Heck I'm the same way at my home club. My regular Sunday group is filled with guys from 4 handicap to 20 handicap. And we always have a good time golfing together.
Hell, you've seen a person go from being a 4 to a 20 in a single round!.

Back