SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

listen i completely understand where you are coming from i feel the same exact way i have always been my hardest critic i mean i am playing BY FAR the best golf of my life right now and i've been playing since i was 14 years old and im still so hard on myself. my last round i really struggled and i was LIVID about my play. my instructor just said relax we all have bad rounds and i calmed down and started striking the ball better after that. i need to find that zone i guess where i am in a good place confident with out getting to bent out of shape if i get a bad bounce or a putt doesn't drop. i think another Rotella book is in my future.

I hear ya, I'm the same, I never thought I be putting up the scores I have...ever, that has taken it from golf being my release though to me wanting more and becoming more aggressive/serious...I struggle with that as its one thing I promised myself my golf time would not become for me. For me its like Freddie and I talked a bit about in here, the SPi is actually my salvation from that ON the course, my routine and the fact that I KNOW no matter how pissed I am that if I allow myself to go through my routine and my setup that it will STILL be the same every time. It really and truly saved my previous round, it settled me on the greens and that led to me setting elsewhere. Its become far more than just a putter for me and its hard for me to put that into words without coming off corny or anything! haha

I hear ya, I'm the same, I never thought I be putting up the scores I have...ever, that has taken it from golf being my release though to me wanting more and becoming more aggressive/serious...I struggle with that as its one thing I promised myself my golf time would not become for me. For me its like Freddie and I talked a bit about in here, the SPi is actually my salvation from that ON the course, my routine and the fact that I KNOW no matter how pissed I am that if I allow myself to go through my routine and my setup that it will STILL be the same every time. It really and truly saved my previous round, it settled me on the greens and that led to me setting elsewhere. Its become far more than just a putter for me and its hard for me to put that into words without coming off corny or anything! haha

it sounds corny but its ok! lol just kidding..... i hear you, im so happy my putting has improved its always been my weakest part of my game. and can make up for so many other bad parts of someones game.

I know what you mean. I used to have rounds that would just snowball out of control, compounding mistakes from the fairway with mistakes on the green. Everybody's swing/tempo can get a little out of whack now and then and many times it can be hard to right that ship when you are in the middle a round. Putting, in my opinion, is something that shouldn't necessarily follow this same logic. It is a much simpler motion than the full swing, and with the help of SeeMore I have come to realize that it really can be consistent from round to round regardless of how else you might be playing.

Sure there are times when you will be on an unfamiliar green or might just be having a hard time seeing the breaks that day, but really, I don't think there is anything stopping me from having a perfectly consistent putting stroke hole in and hole out. At least, that is how I feel with my mFGP and new SeeMore stroke. There have been times when my read has been off, but recently I have been putting such a good stroke on those putts that I dont feel bad about the miss at all. There are also still times where I haven't got the best feel for the speed of the greens I am on, but my misses will be consistently long or consistently short and it is pretty easy to adjust to that on the fly.

Anyway, it has been a pretty eye-opening experience seeing what just a little bit of confidence and consistency on the greens can do for all aspects of my game.

Date: August 18,2012
Temp/conditions: 75* perfect
Green Speed conditions: Medium/fast greens
Course: Royal Manchester Golf Links practice area

Got out today for a practice session i spent most of my time on irons on the range as i had some issues my last round and i can't drain birdie putts with out getting any GIR, but i did get about 30 minutes of putting time in today. I worked on accelerating again today and was lucky enough to have Hanks Let me try his Steel Ball putting aid. its a red golf ball sized ball made of steel its 5x heavier than a golf ball. i used it about 5 times before starting my putting and i actually was hitting the ball longer past the hole by about a foot on most of my putts after using it. i think i want to get used to hitting my SeeMore a little harder and accelerating more through my stroke. this is gonna be a big part of my practice time heading into my Pro-Am. i really seem to drain more putts when i hit the ball like this. you can tell when you hit a perfect putt with the SeeMore almost immediately. its awesome knowing you hit it perfect almost right away and know its gonna drop. i have done that a few times now. almost started the Tiger walk towards the hole. lol. i am interested to see how this works with the SeeMore. Since my distance control has been so good whats the issue if it goes past the hole a little bit instead of right at the hole. and more times than not if i hit it just a little harder i would have made the putt. I'm gonna make a conscious effort to hit it just a tad harder for a few weeks and see how that works. i know just a little tweaking is all i need to find that zone where i think i can drain those putts i really feel like i should. Doing this has always been a struggle for me so its not gonna be easy but with the amount of practice time i am gonna be putting in in the upcoming month and a half i have time to tweak the smaller stuff to see how things like this work out for me. I think with my Tee Drill and this steel ball i can get a better feel to accelerate through the ball and hit better putts.

I also did the quarter nickel dime drill that i posted the other day. it worked well and i was amazed at how well i was getting my ball rolling on the right line time after time. or where i thought was the right line. this will def stay in my drill rotation for some time. it was harder as the coin got smaller but it also helped me with making sure my line on my ball was lined up properly and helped me ingrain into my head what the right line looked like looking down the balls alignment line and also gave me a perfect spot to aim at 2' out from the ball every time. I really suggest this to anyone who has issues with this or just wants to tighten up their putting. really was a simple and helpful drill for me.

Been messing with the quarter, nickel, dime drill a bit myself on my putting green Buck, I'm like you, I'm liking what I'm seeing to far.

Buck I am glad the steel ball was used and used with results I expected. I'm going to have to ordert these fopr my self.

Buck I am glad the steel ball was used and used with results I expected. I'm going to have to ordert these fopr my self.

its one of those issues for me that always sneaks back in and any way i can help get rid of it ill try.... i wish they made another ball that was a little lighter that was my only complaint. but def helped and it was nice after adjusting with a regular ball to see my distances going a little further past the hole.

Always nice getting done a marathon shift at work coming home to this! Really intrigued by the oversized grip i have never used one before mainly because i don't like squishy soft grips but after getting to check out Kmacs on his m5x i really liked the feel of it. Now i dunno if i wanna throw it on my mFGP2 right away or not. Headcover is awesome too. Def be rocking that right away.

PS i like orange. Sorry TC

IMG_1443.jpg

Always nice getting done a marathon shift at work coming home to this! Really intrigued by the oversized grip i have never used one before mainly because i don't like squishy soft grips but after getting to check out Kmacs on his m5x i really liked the feel of it. Now i dunno if i wanna throw it on my mFGP2 right away or not. Headcover is awesome too. Def be rocking that right away.

PS i like orange. Sorry TC

IMG_1443.jpg

I was slightly dubious about the oversized grips myself. I'd never tried one, and had thought "Wait, this is a putter, how much difference could it possibly make".

Now that I know, I don't think I can go back. The FeelTec oversized on my m5x is outstanding.

I was slightly dubious about the oversized grips myself. I'd never tried one, and had thought "Wait, this is a putter, how much difference could it possibly make".

Now that I know, I don't think I can go back. The FeelTec oversized on my m5x is outstanding.

i'm worried about changing but i think i am going to give it a go. i like how firm the grip is, i think its close to the iomic Ion Grips that they don't make anymore i really Love the feel of those grips and actually just snagged another one. And i don't think its so oversized that it will make such a change that it might cause issues. plus i have about 5 other putter grips just sitting around.

Ive been using the midsize grip for a while and I'll never go back to standard. Agree on the FeelTec, its an awesome grip.

Buck you're switching from standard? I know when I go from a standard grip to an oversized it really allows me to swing the putter. The tension I feel with a standard grip is gone, it's like the grip fills space that would normally be void. Midsize or larger puts an ideal amount of pressure. Looking forward to your thoughts.

I feel like my grip tension has been almost completely relaxed. I can easily lift both thumbs away from the grip without it changing anything. The putter just sort of hangs in there. Even if the grip was squishy soft, I don't think I'd be compressing it any.

Buck you're switching from standard? I know when I go from a standard grip to an oversized it really allows me to swing the putter. The tension I feel with a standard grip is gone, it's like the grip fills space that would normally be void. Midsize or larger puts an ideal amount of pressure. Looking forward to your thoughts.

i've actually never had the issues that most people have with grips... i LOVE my Iomics and have always had standard size grips. i never even pondered midsize or oversized till i checked out Kmacs when we played last. and i just really was impressed with it. It would be an experiment just to try one out to see if i liked it or not. im just concerned about experimenting with anything right now but i think this isn't so big that my grip would change dramatically where i might have any issues.

Awesome headcover/grip combo Buck! I'm really loving the oversize grip I got on my mFGP, I believe it does help me to take a lighter grip on the putter.

Update:
Date:
8/19/12
Temperature: 70
Conditions: Fair

Where: Little River GC Marinette WI

With all the practice I have put in with the mFGP and the SeeMore system, I think I am finally learning how to align putts correctly. Now I need to focus on reading greens and pace. I'll continue to work on alignment though, as well as just trusting my stroke, not trying to manipulate the putter with my hands. I have continued practicing a lot by chipping or pitching a ball towards a given hole and then trying to make that putt.

Are there any methods/schools of thought on reading greens?
It obvious to me whether a putt will break left or right, but how much has always been more of a guesstimation for me.

Here are a couple pictures I put together (Screen captures from vids) that show my stance and setup now vs. when I first started. As a matter of fact, the before shots are from the videos I sent to Ted for my fitting.

New stance vs. old DTL

StanceNowAndThem.jpg

And straight on.

FontNowAndThen.png

Looks like a great improvement BBB!

Awesome headcover/grip combo Buck! I'm really loving the oversize grip I got on my mFGP, I believe it does help me to take a lighter grip on the putter.

I'm curious why people feel like they need to have such a soft grip on their putters. I am not strangling my grip ever but seems to me some people not calling anyone out here just genuinely curious on why they feel they need a soft grip. I found out an interesting story about Ben Crenshaw saying hold it like a baby bird. Years later apparently he said in an interview he meant to say a baby hawk. I don't like holding it to soft. I guess maybe its just personal preference. I do like holding it more in my fingers now. Just curious how everyone else feels about it.

I'm curious why people feel like they need to have such a soft grip on their putters. I am not strangling my grip ever but seems to me some people not calling anyone out here just genuinely curious on why they feel they need a soft grip. I found out an interesting story about Ben Crenshaw saying hold it like a baby bird. Years later apparently he said in an interview he meant to say a baby hawk. I don't like holding it to soft. I guess maybe its just personal preference. I do like holding it more in my fingers now. Just curious how everyone else feels about it.

Here are my thoughts, for what they're worth.

Grip tension has been a common failing for me for a very long time, especially with irons and woods. I would end rounds with my knuckles literally aching.

Tension leads to muscle fatigue, which contributes to so many bad things for me. A lighter grip is more easily repeatable and sustainable for an entire round.

Here are my thoughts, for what they're worth.

Grip tension has been a common failing for me for a very long time, especially with irons and woods. I would end rounds with my knuckles literally aching.

Tension leads to muscle fatigue, which contributes to so many bad things for me. A lighter grip is more easily repeatable and sustainable for an entire round.

Interesting thoughts but I don't really get fatigued from putting unless my back hurts. I can see your point on it being more easily repeatable. Just like a slower swing is easier to repeat than a faster one. I think I'm gonna go for the grip change. See how I like it.

If you grip the putter grip too tight you will have in wanted tension which can affect your stroke. Plus the hands will automatically out the proper tension when you go to draw it back. Also I have found that soft hands tend to result in a more fluid stroke. But this is just me, if you like a firmer grip, have at it.
I am curious why you switched to larger grp if standard works fine. Did your grip preasure stay the same when you used Kevin's putter. Typically a larger grip takes the hands out of the stroke due to tight grip.

If you grip the putter grip too tight you will have in wanted tension which can affect your stroke. Plus the hands will automatically out the proper tension when you go to draw it back. Also I have found that soft hands tend to result in a more fluid stroke. But this is just me, if you like a firmer grip, have at it.
I am curious why you switched to larger grp if standard works fine. Did your grip preasure stay the same when you used Kevin's putter. Typically a larger grip takes the hands out of the stroke due to tight grip.

its just a little bit bigger its not a super stroke or anything. i have pretty big hands and i felt like i could grip the grip with my fingers a little more with something a little bigger. I also felt like my grip pressure stayed the same. i hear so many people singing the praises of super strokes and jumbo winn grips i am a little curious is guess to see how it affects my stroke if at all. i didn't change it out yet. but i think im gonna try it. i can always change it back to an Iomic if i change my mind down the road. its also hard to explain but i feel like with my longer putts (lag putting) it would be nicer to have a little bigger grip maybe i wouldn't have to grip it as hard due to me taking a stronger stroke.

its just a little bit bigger its not a super stroke or anything. i have pretty big hands and i felt like i could grip the grip with my fingers a little more with something a little bigger. I also felt like my grip pressure stayed the same. i hear so many people singing the praises of super strokes and jumbo winn grips i am a little curious is guess to see how it affects my stroke if at all. i didn't change it out yet. but i think im gonna try it. i can always change it back to an Iomic if i change my mind down the road. its also hard to explain but i feel like with my longer putts (lag putting) it would be nicer to have a little bigger grip maybe i wouldn't have to grip it as hard due to me taking a stronger stroke.

I do like the feeling of a midsize grip, and feel like It is really easy for me to keep a consistent, light grip on the putter. That being said, I also like, and am currently using a firm, standard size grip because I have found it helps me release the putter head through impact. Lately I have been thinking that maybe a standard grip with one extra wrap might be the perfect medium.

Looks like a great improvement BBB!

+1, you can really tell a difference on those shots, has it become more natural or do you still find yourself going back to the old posture?

Back