SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Sounds like that SeeMore is really versatile for you buck... Shame you had to play on punched greens, there isn't too much worse than that in my books.

Sounds like that SeeMore is really versatile for you buck... Shame you had to play on punched greens, there isn't too much worse than that in my books.

it sucks but it was honestly more of a practice round like i said so i wasn't to upset i wasn't planning on keeping score and i took away some good stuff from my putting. its a shame that was the only thing i took anything good from. lol

Another great drill from SeeMores Blog i think i am gonna work on this today on my birdie ball green since im stuck at work.

A simple drill to get the golf ball started on line is to use the change in your pocket. Place a quarter on the green or on your home/office carpet about 2 foot in front of the golf ball. Take your stance and aim your SEEMore putter using the RST at the quarter… make your stroke and see how good you are rolling the ball over the quarter. After doing this several times, replace the quarter with a nickel… repeat until you are consistently rolling the ball over the nickel. Then finally replace the nickel with the dime… This drill will give you the confidence to start the ball on your intended line as well as aiming the face of the putter.
Make Every Putt!… Chris Knobloch - SPI Silver Level Instructor

Well, I'll be doing that tonight, Buck. Great idea!

Another great drill from SeeMores Blog i think i am gonna work on this today on my birdie ball green since im stuck at work.

A simple drill to get the golf ball started on line is to use the change in your pocket. Place a quarter on the green or on your home/office carpet about 2 foot in front of the golf ball. Take your stance and aim your SEEMore putter using the RST at the quarter… make your stroke and see how good you are rolling the ball over the quarter. After doing this several times, replace the quarter with a nickel… repeat until you are consistently rolling the ball over the nickel. Then finally replace the nickel with the dime… This drill will give you the confidence to start the ball on your intended line as well as aiming the face of the putter.

Seriously, I like that. I'll be trying this out on my Tour Links when I get home tonight for sure.

The thing I think I like most about the SPi drills and such is the fact that they are really simple and alot of times make you wonder "why didn't I think of that?". For instance, look at the medicine ball drill, the perfect example of that, I think this drill will be the same way for me. Very cool, goof lookin' out Buck.

Thanks for posting that Buck, this is something that I can do on the putting green in my office. Another great drill fro SPI

Thanks for posting that Buck, this is something that I can do on the putting green in my office. Another great drill fro SPI

i know if your like me you are looking for as many different drills to mix into your practice time to change it up.

I've spotted a CS Seemore that is right in my price wheelhouse. Ted was telling me that I should make the switch.

I've spotted a CS Seemore that is right in my price wheelhouse. Ted was telling me that I should make the switch.
Straight shaft or whistle Hawk? If its the one I think it is, jump on it dude.

If not...I will. LOL

i would give it a go Hawk i know when i struggle i always go back to a CS and i usually always putt better. it just simplifies it even more for me. and with the RST that simplicity is multiplied 10 fold.

It's just a straight shaft. I think that going with the offset shaft in the first FGP2 I had was a mistake.

Is it the Si1?

No, it's just a FPG2. I want that or the FGP Mallet I think. I like the Si insersts, but really prefer the steel face when it comes down to it.

I love this! The SeeMore blog really puts some great info out there that everyone can use.

Before this testing, I'll admit to having discounted the effect that a Center Shaft could have. I'm been converted.

Aside from the consistency that the RST has been giving us, I feel like the CS has helped eliminate some twisting problems that I used to have.

I love this! The SeeMore blog really puts some great info out there that everyone can use.

they really do have some great info on there.

No, it's just a FPG2. I want that or the FGP Mallet I think. I like the Si insersts, but really prefer the steel face when it comes down to it.

Gotcha. I have the Si1, which Ted recommended and it's 36'' long. Going to a 36'' putter was a great move for me. I don't game it but I practice with it all the time dude.

Gotcha. I have the Si1, which Ted recommended and it's 36'' long. Going to a 36'' putter was a great move for me. I don't game it but I practice with it all the time dude.

Again, the similarities are just stupid sometimes. LOL

The first time Ted told me to go w/ a 35 inch putter I thought he was crazy, but I can't use anything shorter than that now.

The first time Ted told me to go w/ a 35 inch putter I thought he was crazy, but I can't use anything shorter than that now.
This is EXACTLY how I was in this testing going from 33" or 33.5". I thought Brady was crazy...now I look back and think I was stupid for not doing this years earlier.

just curious why don't you game it ever?

As always, each new review post will include links to my previous one's in the "Reference Link" section, all links are listed within the spoiler tag for the sake of de-cluttering.

REFERENCE LINKS:
Spoiler

• Initial Thoughts/Process: CLICK HERE
  • Pre SPi Putting Breakdown: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 2: CLICK HERE
  • Stance Evolution and Medicine Ball Aid: CLICK HERE
  • Round 1, 2, and 3 General Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 4 Rundown and mFGP2 Thoughts: CLICK HERE
  • Round 5 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 6/7 and Stance Drill: CLICK HERE
  • Round 8 Rundown and mFGP2 Thoughts: CLICK HERE
  • Round 9 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 10 and Practice Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 11 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 12 Rundown: CLICK HERE

ROUND OVERVIEW
:

Date: 8/13/12
Played: 18 Holes
Weather: 91* and 10-12 MPH Winds
Round(s) Rundown:
cim1.png

Total Putts: 33
GIR's: 10/18

PUTTING BREAKDOWN:

cim1putts1.png

• 40+ Feet - 1 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 5 feet
  • 30-39 Feet - 1 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 7 feet
  • 20-29 Feet - 2 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 3 and 5 feet
  • 15-19 Feet - 2 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 0.5 and 2 feet
  • 10-14 Feet - 5 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 6, 0.5, 3, 3, and 2 feet
    • Made from 10 feet
  • 5-9 Feet - 5 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 0.5 and 0.5 feet
    • Made from 7, 5, and 6 feet
  • 2-4 Feet - 10 Attempt(s) and 9 Made
    • Left 0.5 feet
    • Made from 3, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2,and 2 feet
  • 1 Foot In - 7 Attempt(s) and 7 Made
    • Made all

PERFORMANCE THOUGHTS:

After taking the time to properly warm up on the putting green (unlike my last round) by going through my general drills of first putting 4 or 5 balls from the middle of the green to the fringe in order to not only get a feel for speed but to try and ingrain the shoulder rock necessary to get that speed (BTW, I get some strange looks when I do this haha) as well as practicing about 15 5-footers without my thumbs being on the grip I came out on this round like a house afire.

On the front nine I shot a very nice for me 37 with 15 putts. I actually one-putted the first two holes including a birdie on the first, which let's face it is always an awesome way to start a round. The thing about the front was that not only was I hitting green's with good proximity to the pin for the most-part, I was also rolling the ball pretty well and didn't have any real disappointments outside of two holes. The first was on the third hole where from 31 feet with an up hill low left breaker I left it 7 feet short and the second was two holes later where I was left with a much shorter version of the aforementioned putt on the third at 14 feet and I blew it WAY by to 6 feet. Coincidentally, those two instances were my only two bogey of the front. Both were complete rushes by me on my read, these things do happen though in this game. On the bright side, I scared the hole ALOT on putts, it seems to be getting more and more dialed in still.

The back, well, I kinda fell apart on the back and it had alot to do with my tee game putting me in precocious positions. Distance from the hole wasn't really ever the issue on the back it was more along the lines of having more first putts for par getting to my head I think. I did have one three jack from 25 feet where I left it short to 5 and then lipped out from there.

PARTING THOUGHTS:

For the most part on the round my misses with the mFGP2 were all left in make range as I was 16/17 from four feet an in. The disappointing note about the round though was not dropping ANY putts outside of 4 feet and in, this really seems to take a toll on me mentally as the round goes along when I'm getting close but not close enough. I need to continue to hone my shoulder rock and my green reading though, its getting better, its just not quite there yet.

Getting back to being dedicated to my pre putt routine helped immensely compared to the last round out but I really feel like I still need to slow down on my reads still and remember the ball WILL roll where I aim, I just have to get the right aim and shoulder rock. I knew some bumps would come, but all things considered 33 putts to me is NOT that bad of a day when I know there were good things outweighing the bad and I gain more focus on what to keep drilling on. Plus, 33 putts with three three-jacks that should have happened makes me reflect on it in a better light as well.

PARTING THOUGHTS:

For the most part on the round my misses with the mFGP2 were all left in make range as I was 16/17 from four feet an in. The disappointing note about the round though was not dropping ANY putts outside of 4 feet and in, this really seems to take a toll on me mentally as the round goes along when I'm getting close but not close enough. I need to continue to hone my shoulder rock and my green reading though, its getting better, its just not quite there yet.

i have the same issues. although i am frustrated i also wonder how hard i am on myself and how many people even tour players make these and the percentages that they make. I think i just need to realize if im making good putts or not and not so much if they fall or i tend to get down on myself like you say. This has been really hard for me although when i reflect i realize that i didn't putt bad all day and how many 30' putts are a foot or 2 from the hole and how close it was to dropping. i dunno what the answer is for us here Jman maybe i shouldn't be so hard on myself. and expect every putt to drop. although i think i can make any putt anymore my confidence is that good that i think i have a decent shot at almost all my putts i just need to realize that 2 putting is ok even if its on every hole i get a GIR.

i have the same issues. although i am frustrated i also wonder how hard i am on myself and how many people even tour players make these and the percentages that they make. I think i just need to realize if im making good putts or not and not so much if they fall or i tend to get down on myself like you say. This has been really hard for me although when i reflect i realize that i didn't putt bad all day and how many 30' putts are a foot or 2 from the hole and how close it was to dropping. i dunno what the answer is for us here Jman maybe i shouldn't be so hard on myself. and expect every putt to drop. although i think i can make any putt anymore my confidence is that good that i think i have a decent shot at almost all my putts i just need to realize that 2 putting is ok even if its on every hole i get a GIR.

I know that what I'm really trying to do Buck. After my mental meltdown round before this one I realized part way through just how critical I really was being on myself subconsciously and for me that just makes things tend to snowball. For me its going to be solidifying that mindset that I really DO want every putt to drop, but there are such things as good misses too and its not then end of the round if I'm not holing any big ones. Ya know?

I know that what I'm really trying to do Buck. After my mental meltdown round before this one I realized part way through just how critical I really was being on myself subconsciously and for me that just makes things tend to snowball. For me its going to be solidifying that mindset that I really DO want every putt to drop, but there are such things as good misses too and its not then end of the round if I'm not holing any big ones. Ya know?

listen i completely understand where you are coming from i feel the same exact way i have always been my hardest critic i mean i am playing BY FAR the best golf of my life right now and i've been playing since i was 14 years old and im still so hard on myself. my last round i really struggled and i was LIVID about my play. my instructor just said relax we all have bad rounds and i calmed down and started striking the ball better after that. i need to find that zone i guess where i am in a good place confident with out getting to bent out of shape if i get a bad bounce or a putt doesn't drop. i think another Rotella book is in my future.

Back