SeeMore SPi Experience

I've been through the SPI process and believe in it with everything I have. Your instructor will help transform your putting game. Keep an open mind about the process and tools of the trade that fit you best, Not just your eye.

This is amazing for SeeMore to do this for all their guys!! I cant wait to hear the feedback from all the fittings.

This is amazing for SeeMore to do this for all their guys!! I cant wait to hear the feedback from all the fittings.

It really is SUCH a gamechanger!

John at SeeMore got back to me quickly, and requested some additional photos to determine forward press and toe hang, it's awesome to have a dialogue with someone who is genuinely interested about improving my game. A lot of golf stores & their staff are not that keen on going deep to someones needs, but SeeMore, awesome!

John said he's quite positive about a blade being the correct shape for me, and the bigger questions is the shaft.

As I have with the other Seemore testing threads, I'll be following you guys closely on this journey. I'm sure you know it, but this is an incredible benefit to you all, not just for the Morgan Cup, but for your game in the future. We've seen a number of guys improve drastically after committing themselves.

I'm gonna try and call Tim again this morning to see if I can get my fitting scheduled. I'm extremely excited. I will go in with an open mind and listen to Tim. I like the DB4 but I will let Tim inform me of which is right for me and take his advice!

Ok I talked to Tim and scheduled my fitting. He seemed pretty excited to help me out. I asked him if he knew why he was helping me, he said he didn't get much info. I let him know I would tell him all about the MC if he helped me to get the right SeeMore for my game and show me the technique. He said its a deal. I asked him if he had all the SeeMore putter available and he said that they had enough to figure it out. I will be bringing my BB8 with me since its the one I have gamed when I was playing. I'm really looking forward to meeting with Tim and see what SeeMore is all about!

I'm going next Wednesday March 13 at 11am.

Last edited:
Ok I talked to Tim and scheduled my fitting. He seemed pretty excited to help me out. I asked him if he knew why he was helping me, he said he didn't get much info. I let him know I would tell him all about the MC if he helped me to get the right SeeMore for my game and show me the technique. He said its a deal. I asked him if he had all the SeeMore putter available and he said that they had enough to figure it out. I will be bringing my BB8 with me since its the one I have gamed when I was playing. I'm really looking forward to meeting with Tim and see what SeeMore is all about!

Awesome, I can't wait to hear and see how this goes for you!!!

nice buddy! I've been going back and forth with my fitter on setting up a time. He is away this week and has a big golf show at the end of next week. Trying to get something for weds/thursday but we shall see. Hopefully it works out, I'm ready to get this experience started.

nice buddy! I've been going back and forth with my fitter on setting up a time. He is away this week and has a big golf show at the end of next week. Trying to get something for weds/thursday but we shall see. Hopefully it works out, I'm ready to get this experience started.

Dean, I really am 100% crazy excited for you just because I know what it did for me. Cannot wait to get to hear your thoughts through all of this sir.

Dean, I really am 100% crazy excited for you just because I know what it did for me. Cannot wait to get to hear your thoughts through all of this sir.

Yup. Same thoughts. Totally changed me as a putter and to that extent, golfer.

I am really looking forward to that part of it. Having your own putting guru is going to be a great experience.

My fitter Tim was on vacation this week. We are going to set something up when he gets back. He sent me a very jealousy inducing picture of the beach he was on at the time hahaha. I have worked with Tim before as a tester for the MFGP CS line. He really changed the way I approach putting and playing. Can't wait to get back to work with him.

looks like I'm set up for next thursday late afternoon

What about me... I'm kidding. It's gonna help all of us SeeMore staffers.

I am so excited for all you guys, but especially the ones who have never had the joy of owning the right SeeMore. Can't wait to read about how the process goes for you all.

Earlier this month, I got a little excited about having the opportunity to be outfitted with a SeeMore putter for the 2013 Morgan Cup. So much so, that I kind of jumped the gun and scheduled an SPi Fitting/Lesson ahead of time. I apologize for ruining the surprise for the other 7 Cobra/SeeMore staffers...but hey, either way, it's happening!
Anyway, I happened to be in the area of a Silver Certified SPi Instructor and both of us were available on that same day, so I didn't hesitate to schedule something. I had been to a corporate luncheon in New Castle that day, but early afternoon I made my way up to Pine Lakes Golf Club in Hubbard, Ohio to meet up with Chris Carfangia the head pro there for what would be quite the eye opening experience, in the form of a putter fitting/lesson...man let me tell you what, that guy knows a hell of a lot about putting. It's extremely impressive and I think that I definitely will be seeing him again.

Amen to this!

For the first time in my life, I'm looking forward to getting to the putting green during my round! Can't wait to see how this new stroke translates into lower scores.

If you get a chance to work with Chris - it's a complete no-brainer. A bargain at twice the price.

What about me... I'm kidding. It's gonna help all of us SeeMore staffers.

Bullfrog - Who is your fitter & where is he located? Can't remember - have you been using SeeMore putters already?

Bullfrog - Who is your fitter & where is he located? Can't remember - have you been using SeeMore putters already?

No I am not using SeeMore now. My fitter is Tim Katanski located at Ann Arbor Golf and Outing in Ann Arbor Michigan. About the only time I'm willing to go to Michigan. :act-up:

No I am not using SeeMore now. My fitter is Tim Katanski located at Ann Arbor Golf and Outing in Ann Arbor Michigan. About the only time I'm willing to go to Michigan. :act-up:

I'm sure you're gonna love the whole experience. I can't wait to get outdoors & put it to the test, but I've never hit the ball or rolled it as consistently once I adopted the SPi technique. Good Luck dude!

What is it I see? More? Yes. SeeMore, the greatest putter company.

Thanks to THP, the Morgan Cup and SeeMore, I was presented with an opportunity of a life time. This journey includes also a custom SeeMore putter of my choice (or well…maybe SeeMore's professionals had an input as well…).

It wasn't many a nights ago when 8 Morgan Cup participants got a PM from our Tour Rep GolferGal & Ted Gallina at SeeMore that choices had to be made. We were, according to my knowledge, all paired up with a SPi instructor and fitting was to take place. Well…as some of you may know, I'm from Finland, and the unfortunate fact is that there's a shortage of SPi instructors over here.

But, as usually, everything works out, sooner or later. This time sooner :D

I was given the contact info for John Higgins, the lead studio instructor, and director of sales & marketing at SeeMore. John is a great guy, and he really, really knows his business.

I sent John immediately a video of my putting stroke, told him about my preferences, strengths, weaknesses and what kind of putter I currently play.

Already on the same day John got back to me and inquired a couple of additional pictures. Down the line to see my toe hang and from the front to see how much I forward press. The next day I sent these pics, and he responded gracefully and swiftly. When a guy, who knows everything about putting and has most likely seen thousands of people putt, gives me complements on my putting I'm a happy man!

John focused on 4 things:

- Posture
- Grip
- Stance
- Alignement

Here's a couple of quotes of what John said about my stroke:

"Posture - You have a nice, athletic posture that allows for great mobility throughout the setup and stroke. Your posture allows you to have a low-tension level because you are not hunched over. When someone bends over too much, tension often increases in their back, forearms hands and wrists. When tension builds, body part will likely becoming more active. Your posture looks fantastic. Make sure to see where your eyes are in relation to the putter-head. They are likely inside of the golf ball, which is perfectly fine. The goal is to make sure that you are consistent.

*I noticed that the toe of the putter is in the air. I would recommend you maintain the 35 inch length, but go with a 67.5 degree lie angle. Our standard lie angle is 70 degrees.

Grip - The key to a successful putting grip is to have the forearms neutral, so everything flows together instead of having one limb trying to take over. Your grip looks good. A good drill to practice is to practice hitting putts with no thumbs. This will help you feel like the grip is falling into your fingers and often relaxes your hands.

Diagnosis - The 2 areas that I want to discuss with you as we identify the setup that you want to implement long-term are posture and stance. These two factors are instrumental in your stroke path. Your stroke has beautiful natural arc on your backswing. When putter-head begins to go forward it goes outside of the natural stroke path and then you manipulate the club-face slightly to hold the club face open. The putter-face stays open at impact and in your follow-through.

Stance - Your putter-face wants to be naturally square when it's at the center of your stance (both at setup and impact). Because your ball position is forward of center, you would pull putts if you released the putter head on a natural arc in your follow-through. I believe that your stroke would improve if you considered moving your ball position barely forward of center, while your shaft is directly in the center of your stance. The good news is that RifleScope Technology helps you establish consistent ball position, head position and hand position.

Alignment - When you see both white lines evenly on each side of the black part of the shaft, you know that you eyes are square to the club face! I will include a triangulator with your order which will help trains your eyes to square the club-face down your target line properly while using RST.

**Your ball position will have a major impact on which putter you go with. Your arms are hanging naturally over where the ball is. I do not think your hands would press forward if you had a naturally center ball position. Would you consider moving your ball position more towards the center? I think it would aid in making your stroke path more consistent. This video helps explain a little about why I believe this most natural."

Kitchen Items Establishing Natural Positioning

[video=youtube;LPK35mYOg-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPK35mYOg-c [/video]

John suggested that I keep my current putter length, 35", but that I go with a flatter lie angle. My current lie 71° and John suggested 67,5°. I'm excited to see how this will affect my putts.

We discussed about the manipulation of the club I do to maintain my path, and that I could benefit from moving the ball more center. I tried it the same night, and man…how much an inch can do!! My swing arc was natural, flowing and perfect…can't wait what happens when I get RST going!!

I had expressed my dream about a m2 model, and John agreed that a blade putter would be my thing. He suggested that I take look at some models, including MFGP CS, PTM1 CS and the m1. John added a link to a video about the benefits of CS putters:

I was happy to see putters like that, but I did express my feelings about center shafted & straight shaft putters, as I feel very comfortable with the putters I've been using the past years. However, I did say that I'd be happy to leave the plumber neck models and try something new, but still heel shafted. As in m2 and with a slight offset with the whistle shaft, I'd be having something totally different, but still inside my comfort zone.

Confidence is more than most are ready admit.

So, after several long e-mails (John Higgins writes long, but very interesting and fact filled mails! :D), we had come to a following conclusion:

Model: SeeMore mw2
Length: 35"
Lie: 67.5°

productimage-picture-m2-m2w-796_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

I was already stoked at this point. But it got better. We got to talk about the grip. John asked me about my glove size and preferences. I told him I use a standard size Winn AVS grip at the moment, and that I do like it. Bigger grips have never been my cup of tea. I feel that I loose the feel of the head with a larger grip.
This is where John and SeeMore did something special for me, I hesitated on wether going for a Golf Pride Tour Classic which is closer to a midsize when John suggested it to me. John said that if I don't want to make up my mind now, he'll throw in a second grip as well!! How great is that! After Johns ideas of which grips could work best for me, we came to a decision.

Lamkin 3GEN White installed.
Golf Pride Tour Classic Red in the box, if I need to go slightly bigger.

productimage-picture-lamkin-white-pearl-grip-202_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

productimage-picture-red-tour-classic-grip-260_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

Awesome.

Already in the first mail Mr.Higgins sent me an article he wrote, but that was not then yet published. He published it this morning and said I could post it here. I'll post it in a separate post right after this post.

I also noticed when John reviewed our progress and the order a new line. 1 x SeeMore Mesh Hat. Wooot! A hat. A SeeMore hat. How cool is that?

productimage-picture-seemore-mesh-hat-546_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

My order was nearly complete. SeeMore and John had still some something on their mind. Head cover. As a head cover collector, recently started, my mind raced. I had browsed the SeeMore website more than enough to know all the items there, but head cover was something I hadn't prepared. I checked the head cover page, and decided to go with my gut feeling. Groovy White!!

That's a beautiful, but also a groovy piece!

productimage-picture-groovy-white-head-cover-magnetic-closure-719_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

I'm exhausted, pumped and excited! I'm getting my groove on with my new SeeMore m2w!! :D

Conclusion. I'm super happy for being a part of this, and the way SeeMore & John has been there for me and all of us, is just amazing. I'm proud to represent SeeMore at the Morgan Cup, and all the talk about the SeeMore customer service, it's all true.

My order for the 2013 Morgan Cup SeeMore putter:

Model: SeeMore m2w
Length: 35"
Shaft: Whistle
Lie: 67.5°
Grip: Lamkin 3GEN White (+ Tour Classic)
Head Cover: Groovy White
Bonus on all the other bonuses: SeeMore mesh hat

Love it.

P.S.

I have probably forgot something, but I do think there's a lot of going on in this thread, and I will add everything that comes to mind!

Here's the article John @ SeeMore sent me:

Putting Pulse
By John Higgins

Perfecting Alignment Through Steps to True Confidence

I’m back from the PGA Tour’s Honda Classic, and it’s not news to you that tour
players are looking to gain confidence in putting like the rest of the golfing world.
Other putter companies acknowledge the importance of alignment in putting, but
only SeeMore has the full recipe to perfect alignment down the target-line through
synchronizing the putter face, the eyes and the rest of the body. SeeMore is the only
putter with an indicator for alignment that will build confidence by consistently
applying a natural system in putting.

Players are often skipping simple steps in their development, and here is the simple
formula for every player to build confidence in their alignment.

System/Theory + Application + Belief = Confidence

The definition of confidence is the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or
something. It’s the state of feeling certain about the truth of something.

Like many things in life, confidence in golf comes from belief in the application of a
theory.

Application and belief are essential components in putting. Golfers often buy into
a theory and expect confidence, but do not gain it because they were not taught
to reinforce the correct application. And who can believe in anything without
application?

I challenge you to ask these questions to players.
- Do you have a theory or system for putting that you believe in?
- Why do you believe in it?
- How do you consistently apply it?

SeeMore Putter Institute (SPi) team members are sharing the truth that SeeMore is
the only answer for golfers to follow each essential element to build confidence in
putting.

Passionate SPi Team Member, Chris Carfangia (Pine Lakes Country Club in Hubbard,
Ohio) articulates RST’s capabilities to reinforce both theory and application.

“The most wonderful part about the SeeMore Putter Line is the fact that IT
IS THE ONLY CLUB ON THE MARKET that promotes the “THEORY” and the
“APPLICATION” of the theory…which blend nicely into the SeeMore Putting
System. To elaborate, we all know what the “THEORY” is. It is getting our

body, arms and head in the correct position to build a consistent stance,
posture, alignment, grip and ball position to make a repeatable putting
stroke. The “APPLICATION” is just that, the Riflescope Technology. It is how
to apply all that we teach and know about our set up to be successful.”

PGA tour winners continue to utilize this system, like the one featured in this
Golfweek.com article.

***Link to Vaughn Taylor Article

Please let me know your thoughts and tips for helping players believe more in their
putting! Our team values you your feedback and support of our brand. Thank you!

- John

Castor, that is really well written dude.

I've said it 100 times but this sums up why I'm SO excited for you guys. SeeMore gets it, and in your case John especially gets it. So freaking exciting!

Nice write-up. A ton of great information in those posts.

Awesome write up Castor!

Back