Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Somebody shot up a Sikh Temple today in Oak Creek, WI. Six dead, several injured. Seven dead if you count the scumbag shooter as a human being. Such a beautiful day here in Cheeseland, and some loser does this. Hard to fathom.

Kevin

bahester

Follow me: @bahester
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.6
I saw that on breaking news earlier. Very sad.

flynnie

Reaction score
Handicap
Somebody shot up a Sikh Temple today in Oak Creek, WI. Six dead, several injured. Seven dead if you count the scumbag shooter as a human being. Such a beautiful day here in Cheeseland, and some loser does this. Hard to fathom.

Kevin
Just seeing this now. Wow what a mess, great job by the policeman to put him down for good!

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Yep. No waiting for backup. Shot him down like the dog he was.

Kevin

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Scary stuff. I thought you cheese farts were a peaceful nation?

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
We are seeing alot of these spree killers these days...this is the 4th one in a month I think.

Really sad.

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Scary stuff. I thought you cheese farts were a peaceful nation?
Nuts here, just like everywhere, unfortunately. We had another screwball shoot up a church about seven years ago not far from where I live. They're interviewing local Sikhs right now, and every one has said how they've never had a problem in WI, while they face discrimination in a lot of areas. So much for that.

Kevin

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
This could get very ugly because of the religious ties to this tragedy. This is sad knews. Religion is supposed to be a sanctuary, not a place of terror.

SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
This could get very ugly because of the religious ties to this tragedy. This is sad knews. Religion is supposed to be a sanctuary, not a place of terror.
Sadly it kills more than any disease.

--
Tapatalk2

Zeff

Work hard, dream big
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Kevin
I heard about this from my younger son, who lives in Oak Creek. He was a bit freaked out to say the least. These incidents are becoming so frequent and are just so hard for me to grasp.

TexasHacker34

#TheGrandaddy 2X | Callaway Homer | Lefty
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Such a sad sad story. It is so unfortunate that this stuff is happening.

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Sadly it kills more than any disease.

--
Tapatalk2
Religion didnt kill. Ignorance and intolorance did. From what Ive read, there is reason to believe that this is the result of domestic terrorism.
What makes it even worse is that Sikhs were killed. Why kill them? Theyre some of the most peaceful, tolorant, loving religion groups in the world.

JeffReedMO

Banned
Reaction score
Religion didnt kill. Ignorance and intolorance did. From what Ive read, there is reason to believe that this is the result of domestic terrorism.
What makes it even worse is that Sikhs were killed. Why kill them? Theyre some of the most peaceful, tolorant, loving religion groups in the world.
Because they looked different. And some are taught that "different", is bad. Hate isn't something we are born with. It is nurtured and developed by other hateful people.

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
Wow, that really sucks. I hate to see this kind of stuff.

dharlow

Reaction score
Handicap
We Americans used to be proud to be called the Melting Pot of the World. What the HELL happened to that pride and when did it change?

SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
I won't argue the second part, but I'll bet religion had a strong hand in the ignorance and intolerance.

--
Tapatalk2

Kmod

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 2.3
how tragic. What a terrible thing to happen. What is this world coming to!?

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
I'm glad the cops ended this guy before he wasted Esox' tax dollars in court and jail.

rghilljr

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm glad the cops ended this guy before he wasted Esox' tax dollars in court and jail.
Agreed....which is why I hate the lower that whale poop scum bag that shot the folks in Colorado is still living and going to waste tax payer dollars.

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Because they looked different. And some are taught that "different", is bad. Hate isn't something we are born with. It is nurtured and developed by other hateful people.
That and the fact that they wear turbans and have beards. To the ignorant and intolorant, they see that and they think, "terrorist".

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
That's horrible, what a shame. It's a scary world sometimes. Anyone know how far oak creek is from madison?

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
That's horrible, what a shame. It's a scary world sometimes. Anyone know how far oak creek is from madison?
1 hour 30-40 minutes or so. Oak Creek is a SE suburb of Milwaukee on the lake and the north border of Racine County.

Kevin

Jugger18

Reaction score
Handicap
It is about an hour to 1.5hrs from Madison.

CapC

Reaction score
Handicap
Yep takes me 1.5 hours to Milwaukee from west side of Madison. Oak creeks just about 15-20 south of Milwaukee.

To think... A few weeks ago people were questioning me about moving to Colorado because of the shooting, then it happens here too.

99srxman

@srxman STAY LEFT!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
24ish
Look at this a bunch of cheeseheads starting to look like a packer game around here ...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in