Srixon Z-Star Driver

Talked to the local Srixon/Cleveland retailer here in Denmark. Their 2011 lineups are on the way to the country right now, but won't be ready for sale until mid-late Feb. Danish prices are $535 for the Z-Star and $205 for the Mashie. The prices are that high because of the 25% tax they put on everything here.

Talked to the local Srixon/Cleveland retailer here in Denmark. Their 2011 lineups are on the way to the country right now, but won't be ready for sale until mid-late Feb. Danish prices are $535 for the Z-Star and $205 for the Mashie. The prices are that high because of the 25% tax they put on everything here.

Ouch...25 percent?!

Can you order online and avoid the tax?

I could and have, but they open every other package from the US. and I have been busted everytime I have tried. The other option is ordering online from the UK, because of the European Union, but prices there are a bit higher than US prices as well. Another example is cars,a Chrysler 300C starts in at $27170 in the US, here in Denmark it starts in at $126788!!! Anyways can't wait to try out the Srixon Z-Star for myself.

I just came up with a new plan! I think I am going to put a ZStar in the bag as my new driver and put my Miyazaki Black in my 3w! Cha-Ching! I win.

I just came up with a new plan! I think I am going to put a ZStar in the bag as my new driver and put my Miyazaki Black in my 3w! Cha-Ching! I win.

I lose! haha

Oh you can win too (but it may cost you some more money haha).

noted. I am interested in trying out this driver, more interested in testing the dromos.

That's dangerous thinking there Seth.... :D

I like it!!

I have never even seen a Srixon driver. Have they been making them for awhile now or is this a new venture?

I have never even seen a Srixon driver. Have they been making them for awhile now or is this a new venture?

If you do a search for the Srixon drivers, you will find we have reviewed a few of them.

This one will once again be in play tomorrow for 2 different golfers (neither of them are me), so we will get some more feedback on it.

Looking forward to the feedback. How awesome it would be to live in Florida.... near THP HQ!

JB are you going to review the new z-star irons? Are they still embargoed?

They are still embargoed and we have spoken to Srixon about them and last I heard from their CA office, was that these may not be a US iron. They were not sure as of yet.

This one will once again be in play tomorrow for 2 different golfers (neither of them are me), so we will get some more feedback on it.

How did everyone like this? Or are you saving it for the review?

How did everyone like this? Or are you saving it for the review?

Review will be coming soon and it will be filled with user information.

wondering how setho liked this driver today.

wondering how setho liked this driver today.

I loved it man! They have a real winner with this driver. I absolutely love the shaft and love the feel of the face and the sound. This will be in my bag when I get the chance to buy it.

I loved it man! They have a real winner with this driver. I absolutely love the shaft and love the feel of the face and the sound. This will be in my bag when I get the chance to buy it.
I can confirm that Seth loved this driver and it loved him right back!!!

Great stuff Seth! Glad you like it so much. It's that much better than the SuperTri huh? I know you've been a big R9 fan.

Great stuff Seth! Glad you like it so much. It's that much better than the SuperTri huh? I know you've been a big R9 fan.

Yeah, I like it better than the SuperTri. My spin numbers may have been a little low with the ZStar, but that is easily tweaked with an adjustment.

Yeah, I like it better than the SuperTri. My spin numbers may have been a little low with the ZStar, but that is easily tweaked with an adjustment.

Cool, thanks!

Glad you enjoyed it Seth. I want my spin numbers to be lower. I thought that was a good thing. When I was on the launch monitor with my coach recently, my numbers were in the upper 3000 range and once he got me turning properly, they went down to the low-mid 2000 range which made him happy. I don't understand it all yet......hopefully one day!

Glad you enjoyed it Seth. I want my spin numbers to be lower. I thought that was a good thing. When I was on the launch monitor with my coach recently, my numbers were in the upper 3000 range and once he got me turning properly, they went down to the low-mid 2000 range which made him happy. I don't understand it all yet......hopefully one day!

It depends on the player. Some people need more spin and some people need less spin. Hence the reason there are high spin drivers and low spin drivers. The SuperTri is a high spin driver.

Back