TaylorMade Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

Awesome video Ary. :D

Very funny. In actuality, I tried to shoot a video with my cellphone, but the sound was absolutely awful and it didn't turn out well at all.

Very funny. In actuality, I tried to shoot a video with my cellphone, but the sound was absolutely awful and it didn't turn out well at all.

Try annunciating better. Cmon, your a Duke grad, certainly you can figure out a camera right? :D

Im guessing that is plaguing a few Morgan Cuppers apparently.

Should have been clear in the signup that the Morgan Cup was going to be shown via video, not in a time machine back to go on radio.

i thought it was going to be still images that we could see on microfiche

Awesome video Ary. :D

Man, I'm glad I finally posted a video so that JB didn't direct that at me :)

Good write-up Ary.

I went back out to the range at lunch today and hit the new sticks again.

R11 Driver - I am so much more accurate with the Blur 65 stiff shaft than I was with either the Kai'li reg or Miyazaki Kusala Blue stiff I had tried in the R11 earlier this year. The distance seems about the same, but the directions were much more playable than what I had been seeing previously. I did hit one today that just set of the proverbial tuning fork as Tip Cup would say...I hit it and just let out an audible "Wow!!". If only I knew what I had done. Anyway, even after only the two sessions, I feel so much better on the driver specifically, but the whole top end of the bag.

R11 3W - I was not getting as clean of contact off the turf with this stick today, but I did hit it at the end of the session...so all the good shots were already gone. This is a beast off of a tee though. Very excited to have that as an option again for the first time in a while.

Rescue 11 Hybrids - Kind of like when I first hit the Mashies, this club seems to like a more mid-stance ball position, which made a big difference once I tried it. Balls just rocket off this club, nice and high. Still only have to worry about a slight fade with these instead of the two way miss the Mashies gave me.

Overall - Very encouraging session again, and so far I am thrilled with my TaylorMade Driver/Woods/Hybrid selections.

Try annunciating better. Cmon, your a Duke grad, certainly you can figure out a camera right? :D

I'll try my best in the future. Anyways, why do I feel like the THP dinner for the Morgan Cup is going to have an hour long portion where JB just roasts all of the competitors?

I'll try my best in the future. Anyways, why do I feel like the THP dinner for the Morgan Cup is going to have an hour long portion where JB just roasts all of the competitors?

that won't just be at the dinner, that will be from the moment we arrive

hahaha, this post made me ROFL!

Excuses, excuses hairy dolphin. Can't wait to hear them in August!

And will consume every spare minute until the last of us departs...he's been taking it easy on us in the forum.

And will consume every spare minute until the last of us departs...he's been taking it easy on us in the forum.

You two have been to THP outings and should no better.

Had our hairy friend been to one, he might know better as well.

You two have been to THP outings and should no better.

Had our hairy friend been to one, he might know better as well.

I have a feeling he will get a crash course. Same goes for Esox, DD, and Jrod. They have not experienced the quick wit brutality that is JB.

Wow finally caught up to this thread. ABSOLUTELY AWESOMENESS being displayed here. I too was wondering if anyone went with the Superfast line so is Breeze the only one? Just some incredible feedback already and absolutely gorgeous setups. Breeze, LOVED the saw in your video... pure awesome. Epic just isn't enough!

Kudos again to TaylorMade for getting it right (and Callaway and JB/THP for even conjuring up such an idea!) This has to become a semi-annual event (though I'm sure you guys are having enough fun planning this one!) because i've started saving for the THP outing and haven't come close yet, but if this comes up again I might remortgage the house to make it happen!

Keep the pics and vids coming guys!

My TM Metal Woods Un-boxing...

My TM Metal Woods Un-boxing...

Here is the un-boxing video:

Pictures:
Box has arrived in Canada
5878182187_ebf64b5a1a.jpg

All the pretty woods and hybrids together:
5878166077_ac26293986.jpg

The bottom of all the clubs (w/ stickers and wrapping):
5878168135_22dfcae22e.jpg

Another view
5878731094_fbf1f666c0.jpg

More pretty clubs:
5878172031_30eba4d2d3.jpg

Head Covers & Wrenches:
5878736586_a18a0989a7.jpg

All standing up with headcovers:
5878177299_72513ec2b0.jpg

New WITB photo (taken in the garage):
5878178669_c47a47b10c.jpg

Specs and the reasoning I went with each club...
Hybrids:
2H and 4H Rescue 11 TP Hybrids
Shaft:
Alida Rip - X Flex
Grip:
Black/white Golf Pride Multi Compound - why because I am used to this grip, and it is durable and I am able to play with it in all weather conditions.
Reasoning:
I went this direction after trying these during the THP outing. I was absolutely murdering the 2H at the demo day. So much so, that I almost stole it and put it in my bag right then and there. My current bag I only played with one 3H, I figured that since I was going with a 2h, that I'd try and "bridge the distance gap" and get the additional hybrid. Having the 2 hybrids will give me loads of options from both the tee and the fairway.

FW Wood:
R11 15.5* TP 3 wood
Shaft:
Matrix Ozik HD7 - X Flex - Std length
Grip:
Black/white Golf Pride Multi Compound
Reasoning:
I selected the R11 over the SF2.0 3 wood for a couple reasons. For some reason I just hit it better at demo day, and on the sims here locally. I like that is is adjustable, so if I think it isn't working "quite right" I can dial it in. I am used to having a 4w (17*) in my bag, so if need be I can add extra loft to the 3W to get it to be more what I am used to.

Driver:
SF 2.0 8.5* TP
Shaft:
Matrix Ozik HD7 - X Flex - Std length (45.5")
Grip:
Black/white Golf Pride Multi Compound
Reasoning:
3 reasons... 1 - No speed too extreme, 2 - No speed too extreme, 3 - No speed too extreme. :) I hit both the R11 and the SF 2.0 (TP) at both the simulators and at the THP demo day, and I just like the SF 2.0 Driver better. I love that the SF 2.0 TP has the 1* open face, like my existing driver, so there shouldn't be much of a learning curve for this driver. I did try the stock shaft in the TP and I thought it was good, but still a tad high launching for me. So I went with the Matrix HD7 low launch shaft, and the 8.5* head.

If you have any questions please fire them my way, either on the forum or via a PM.

rbelbin OUT! (for today, I'll be back with some "in game shots" tomorrow hopefully)

Great stuff RB.
I thought you were actually going to do a video aimed at Mr. Dolphin showcasing how one uses a video camera.

I have a feeling he will get a crash course. Same goes for Esox, DD, and Jrod. They have not experienced the quick wit brutality that is JB.

Being a lack wit, I probably won't know how to respond.

I'll watch my Canadian teammate's video later this evening. Have to go out for a bit.

Kevin

Wow! Incredible clubs guys. What a great opportunity from Taylormade, Calloway, and THP!

I have heard that people experience poor shots with the R11 and it's not forgiving. I have yet to see anything too bad.

I have hit some high on the face, out on the toe, and low on the face. The high face shots seem to climb high and die, but still see some distance out of it. Th toe shots I had leaking right but they were out there. The ones I hit lower on the face didn't get too high off the ground but ran for awhile.

But I tell you, hit one on the screws- and this thing rewards you with near perfect ball flight, trajectory, and distance.

I love the feel of a well struck drive.

That's good to hear. I know the difference for me from on the screws to anywhere else on the club is anywhere from 40-60 yards. It holds it's line better though and I'll take the tradeoff of distance for accuracy.

Back