TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

Interesting name but yea does look like the Superfast.

I consider myself a TM guy. But they're kind of like Apple, I can't keep up! I thought I had the latest and greatest with the MC irons, R11 3W, Driver and Hybrid. Now this?

Haha. But I like my woods and don't think I could justify the money to upgrade if it's even an upgrade. These seem like a new Burner type line don't they?

I'd consider this like the iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S. Up to you if you decide if you want an upgrade. I just wanna hear some reviews and/or see it at a demo day.

Interesting name but yea does look like the Superfast.

To me it's the SF but with R11 adjustability. Well, some of it.

If the fairway is as long as it's been described this could turn into a easier to hit driver replacement for people. The rest of the line doesn't interest me but this one certainly has my attention. Companies haven't been making fairway's to the max COR levels (barring Nickalaus I believe) so it's nice to see TM step up to the plate in that regard.

Name blows. Can't believe they would use a name like that. Happy with my R9 FW and 910H hybrid, so no reason to look at these to put in the bag currently.

Oooh baby!!!!!!!! i would love too test these babys out. I'm so getting!

1. It looks like they copied Adams "velocity slot" technology to an extent...
2. The hybrids seem very light, I prefer a heavier swing weight (iron like) in my hybrids.

Would be interesting to test them out nonetheless.

1. It looks like they copied Adams "velocity slot" technology to an extent...
2. The hybrids seem very light, I prefer a heavier swing weight (iron like) in my hybrids.

Would be interesting to test them out nonetheless.

That was the first thing I noticed when looking at these as well.

Personally, I could care less about the name. However I'm still not down with the white. If it turns out that those distance gains translate to a hacker like me though, I would definitely give it a run. I'll be watching for feedback on these as I'll be curious to see how it stacks up to some of the other lines for 2012. Particularly the Cleveland stuff.

The distance claims are intriguing to say the least. Hearing players getting double digit distance gains is darn impressive.

Am I reading this correctly-no Rescues in lefty?

i would like these better if they were in black

Reading the rocketballz story, it seems like a lot of TM's excitement was around the distance gains in the fairways and rescue in particular. That alone makes me want to try these out.

Reading the rocketballz story, it seems like a lot of TM's excitement was around the distance gains in the fairways and rescue in particular. That alone makes me want to try these out.

Agreed completely.

I'd be curious to know what their baseline was for the distance gain claim? Sorry if I skimmed it.

I'd be curious to know what their baseline was for the distance gain claim? Sorry if I skimmed it.

This came off the TM website small print about the RBZ Faiway: "Better player claim against Burner 11 fairway, robot testing at 150mph ball speed, total distance."

This came off the TM website small print about the RBZ Faiway: "Better player claim against Burner 11 fairway, robot testing at 150mph ball speed, total distance."

Thanks AD! That is pretty darn impressive. I liked that FW a lot.

This hybrid really has me intrigued. I did not like the Rescue 11, but if this rescue is as long as claimed, and all the tech works as advertised, I would love to play it. I really wanted to like the Rescue 11 because it looked fantastic, and this one looks even better.

This hybrid really has me intrigued. I did not like the Rescue 11, but if this rescue is as long as claimed, and all the tech works as advertised, I would love to play it. I really wanted to like the Rescue 11 because it looked fantastic, and this one looks even better.

I agree CB...if this is closer to the SF2.0 Hybrid than the Rescue 11, while adding distance, that could be a big winner.

Am I reading this correctly-no Rescues in lefty?

CB, you are a lefty, correct? If I read the release correctly, I don't see lefty listed.

CB, you are a lefty, correct? If I read the release correctly, I don't see lefty listed.

Doug, I read the release in the 1st post the same way you are, it only mentions LH in the non-Tour RBZ Fairway, and it does say RH only offered on the Tour RBZ Fairway, and Tour and non-Tour RBZ Hybrids...that's unusual, I think there was more lefty love in the SF line last year (but I may be wrong).

Doug, I read the release in the 1st post the same way you are, it only mentions LH in the non-Tour RBZ Fairway, and it does say RH only offered on the Tour RBZ Fairway, and Tour and non-Tour RBZ Hybrids...that's unusual, I think there was more lefty love in the SF line last year (but I may be wrong).

I think you are right, I thought all offerings had at least some lefty options.

The name is terrible and I hate the green color that they are using, but it sounds like it could be a pretty nice club.

I really like the green accent.
I'd also love to try these against my Superfast 2.0 hybrid.

I just saw this up close and personal and I have to say the green looks sharp!
The club looks better from the pictures that you all showed than the promo pics. Now I am DYING to see the RBZ Irons!

Back