TaylorMade SpeedBlade Irons Review Thread

Glad you like them so far. Keep us posted with more of your thoughts!

I really have to say that I love these irons....nice high ball flight and just a baby draw on well struck shots. I am getting used to the sound on the longer irons and I am really enjoying playing them.

These irons continue to shine for me. Mentioned it in another thread but I've been gaming the 4I pretty consistently which is new for me. Still ironing out my longer iron distances but in the 6-AW I'm still seeing about a half to full club distance gain over the i20s. Haven't had any glaring gapping issues on the course either. Just a fun set overall. The CTL pairing with these really is awesome. A bit more stout than the stock 85s, but still launches the ball nice and high.

Man, after a range day and two rounds, I am loving these babies. At least a half club longer and higher trajectory than my G20s and the feel is great(for me anyway). Keeping my G25 hybrid in the bag instead of the SB 4 iron and changing the stock grips soon but I am thrilled with these irons. Dave

update:
I've had these SB irons now for less than a week, and had 2 range sessions and played a local par 3 course last night because I wanted to focus solely on my iron play. Temp was in the high 60's with a 20 mph wind, and there was hardly anyone else out, which allowed me the opportunity to hit several balls on each hole. I decided to play as many different types of balls as possible, and used the following; Pro V1, RX, Penta TP3, E6, Callaway Supersoft and Wilson Duo. I was consistently 1 to 1.5 clubs longer than my previous set, with a nice high ball flight that didn't seem to be effected by the wind. With my previous set, 7 iron was my 150 yard club, so on a 152 yard hole I hit 8 iron... and flew the green by a good 15-20 yards ( E6). Ok says I, try a 9 iron. I put a Callaway Supersoft in play, and I flew my 9 iron 147 yards with a hurting right to left wind. A 147 yard 9 iron is beyond HUGE for me. I dropped another ball (Wilson Duo) and hit again...144. I just stood there on the tee box giggling like an idiot. These SB and low compression golf balls seem to be a great match, at least for me. The rest of my round showed results that were similar, not 2 clubs difference but most certainly longer than I have ever hit before.
I am really happy with these irons right now, and just need some more time to figure out my distances.
I did change out the stock grips on these irons after my 1st range session.

Nice dude! They're fantastic irons.

I'm still very impressed with the speedblades. I've always been able to elevate the short irons and wedges very easily, but now my swing is much better and I am getting similar height from the 5 and 6 irons. The ball just wants to get up in a hurry and fly for days. It sometimes makes it difficult to flight the ball lower when I get a little wayward off the tee and need to keep it below trees, but it just forces me to be a bit more creative.

Looks like these can be found at a great price now. I'd encourage anyone to try them out.

I'm still very impressed with the speedblades. I've always been able to elevate the short irons and wedges very easily, but now my swing is much better and I am getting similar height from the 5 and 6 irons. The ball just wants to get up in a hurry and fly for days. It sometimes makes it difficult to flight the ball lower when I get a little wayward off the tee and need to keep it below trees, but it just forces me to be a bit more creative.

Looks like these can be found at a great price now. I'd encourage anyone to try them out.

I wish I kept these. I will own another set some day. They are just really really solid irons.

They are very solid irons. I've picked up at least a club using these. High and long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a very reasonably priced set of these (5-SW) r flex graphite in the for sale section of the forum. Just an FYI, don't know seller etc.

There is a very reasonably priced set of these (5-SW) r flex graphite in the for sale section of the forum. Just an FYI, don't know seller etc.
Saw that and would love to pull the trigger but not in the cards right now. Also, I know the seller and he is a straight-up good guy. Anybody can feel comfortable buying from him.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

It would take something spectacular to kick these irons out of the bag. Want long and forgiving?? Try em!!

It would take something spectacular to kick these irons out of the bag. Want long and forgiving?? Try em!!

Spring, what shafts do you have in yours?

Just got these bad boys from TM Preowned. PSYCHED!

62aaa9dd66f73c521220de22dfb92d5c.jpg
25304a19a6c863f0c36f1a4b886cff1f.jpg
1a119951551598b5cef8d267ff92df9b.jpg
30cfa397a51e1f57fc99557a8a76f009.jpg

Enjoy the new sticks, lots of THPers have enjoyed them.

Kbs tour shafts I'm there? That's my exact set up.

When I was hitting various irons before I lucked into the D100s, I *really* liked these. The ball just jumped off the face of them. Every now and again I'll ponder these for a few minutes, if I ever came across a good deal on them I'd be sorely tempted.

Those look beautiful VPSax, mine should be here Thursday, I ordered graphite shafts to help protect the back some. I am really looking forward to receiving them.

One thing to note - they were listed as "Excellent" by TM Preowned. This is their second highest rating. I guess my hopes were high considering the feedback that THPers were giving to Callaway Pre-owned. The faces of my clubs show more use than I expected. Plus, there are midsize grips on the clubs, which was not indicated in the specs.

Not sure if anyone else has ordered through TMPO, but I'm not totally impressed. I called to complain about the grips and left a message. Hoping they will send me some regular size grips for these bad boys.

Sorry for the tangent. I still managed to get these with a great shaft for about $420. Very happy overall, and I credit the awesome reviews of my THP brethren for steering me in this direction!

Kbs tour shafts I'm there? That's my exact set up.

Did you hit the kbs tour against the stock option? I've been pondering the kbs tour for these to help me with ball flight

Did you hit the kbs tour against the stock option? I've been pondering the kbs tour for these to help me with ball flight
I did quite a while ago. We went kbs tour because they are a bit heavier and fitter was thinking they would help me stay on plane. I think they would launch lower than stock.

I did quite a while ago. We went kbs tour because they are a bit heavier and fitter was thinking they would help me stay on plane. I think they would launch lower than stock.

Lower launch is what I'm looking for. The short irons and wedges can get lost up there

Back