TaylorMade Staff Putters - The Morgan Cup

Good stuff CB, glad it's working for you. Are you seeing that same groove in your insert that I have in mine?

Interesting. Next time I am in GG I am going to take a look myself. You might have to order from some place online to ensure it hasn't been hit.

I'm not seeing that groove that you are, the only thing on the face is some orange that rubbed off from the sharpie that I put on my ball to line up putts.

I'm not seeing that groove that you are, the only thing on the face is some orange that rubbed off from the sharpie that I put on my ball to line up putts.

Interesting. Thanks CB

This just in - Belbin's putter is getting warm! I love me the faster greens, and together with my beautiful putter and boost in confidence, I actually feel like I can make putts inside of 10ft, and some outside of 10ft.

This just in - Belbin's putter is getting warm! I love me the faster greens, and together with my beautiful putter and boost in confidence, I actually feel like I can make putts inside of 10ft, and some outside of 10ft.

You better stop that. If you start putting well then you have to stop hitting the long ball.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

I'm hoping the other staffers can see this and maybe JB can alert TM and he could give us some feedback on the normalcy of this.

Biggsy, I noticed the same mark on my putter today, and mine has been used much less than yours I'm sure. Doesn't seem to affect anything though.

The Ghost took a while to figure out the East TN mountain greens I was playing on this morning. Three-jacked three of the first four greens, but it rallied from there. Drained a 40 footer from off the green on 10 (granted for a triple) and saved my hide with about five from the 10-12 foot range on the back nine. 35 putts on the day.

I'll be very interested to see what TM has to say about this mark. It has me very intrigued

Tap tap taparoo

A question for the TM staffers that were previously playing a non-insert putter: How do you feel about playing an insert now and has it affected your putting at all?

A question for the TM staffers that were previously playing a non-insert putter: How do you feel about playing an insert now and has it affected your putting at all?

Yes.

Kevin

I'm an insert guy now, at least this type of insert. The biggest difference I have noticed is with this pure roll insert the ball rolls a lot truer right away. No skidding or hopping before the ball starts to roll. Having now got used to the extra distance this imparts on the ball, I think it would be hard for me to go back to anything else.

Yes.

Kevin

Exactly what I was scared of. I actually made the switch from insert to milled recently and I have to say that it didn't really matter at all to me. The shape and weighting were much more important for me it seemed.

I'm an insert guy now, at least this type of insert. The biggest difference I have noticed is with this pure roll insert the ball rolls a lot truer right away. No skidding or hopping before the ball starts to roll. Having now got used to the extra distance this imparts on the ball, I think it would be hard for me to go back to anything else.

And that makes the shorter putts sort of dive in the hole. I've been making a lot more short putts, unfortunately I've been just missing a lot of greens lately. I love this insert. Much better than whatever is in my ancient two ball, and much softer than my Squareback. I never could figure that putter out. I should sell it.

Kevin

And that makes the shorter putts sort of dive in the hole. I've been making a lot more short putts, unfortunately I've been just missing a lot of greens lately. I love this insert. Much better than whatever is in my ancient two ball, and much softer than my Squareback. I never could figure that putter out. I should sell it.

Kevin

Same thing I am seeing, short putts are much easier for me now. I always used to iffy on the 4-5 footers, now I'm just putting them right in the heart and moving on.

Very nice. Good luck. Hope you find the one you want!

Nope, no such luck. Had the mark down the middle. Had one ordered from TaylorMade that I can pick up brand spanking new on Tuesday. If the mark is going to happen, I Wang to be the one to pit it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CG's putter has me going nuts...looking for a good deal on the TM-880. I've gone to the golf store and putted twice with it now... LOVE IT. Wish I didn't buy a Sabertooth2 just 4 months ago...

I had a putter with an insert, then went to no insert, now I am back at the insert with the Ghost. Honestly, not much adjustment. I think the insert most affects longer putts. I feel I have to hit it a little harder. Other than that, maybe more of a forward roll right away and less skid off the face. I'm really liking this insert though.

Nope, no such luck. Had the mark down the middle. Had one ordered from TaylorMade that I can pick up brand spanking new on Tuesday. If the mark is going to happen, I Wang to be the one to pit it there.

Well that stinks. I agree with you, make your own mark brother!

CG's putter has me going nuts...looking for a good deal on the TM-880. I've gone to the golf store and putted twice with it now... LOVE IT. Wish I didn't buy a Sabertooth2 just 4 months ago...
that really is a nice putter. I honestly had a hard time choosing which putter I liked the most out of that line. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the fact that you can't scoop a ball with the Corza? If you can, please teach me how...

Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the fact that you can't scoop a ball with the Corza? If you can, please teach me how...

Man that would bug the hell out of me, and never really thought about it. Hope someone can teach you the ways of Corza scooping.

Man that would bug the hell out of me, and never really thought about it. Hope someone can teach you the ways of Corza scooping.

It looks pretty difficult. I keep trying to scoop with my Spider but have no luck.

Hawk, I have never been a big insert fan, only playing those that were particularly hard. To me, the Pure Roll insert gets the ball rolling so nicely that I really do like it. I still like the sound of a non-insert better, but this one is the best insert that I've played.

In the rough there is no problem. On the green, I just seem to be good at launching the ball across the green trying to scoop it..oh well.. Lol

I posted a little bit about this in the main Morgan Cup thread, but I had my best day of the summer with my Corza Ghost putter today. 30 putts total, with 8 1-putts! A few of the 1-putts were because of nice chips and pitches, but I also made more putts in the 8-15 foot range than I normally do.

I have a pretty big forward press when I putt, and I figured out a couple of weeks ago that my ball position was too far back, and the putter shaft was leaning forward at impact, so the ball was getting driven into the ground. As a result, my distance control wasn't very good at all. I have now put the ball inside of my front foot, and the roll that I'm getting off of this putter is really good. As an aside, I have 5 degrees of loft on this putter, which is 1 degree higher than standard. If you putt with a forward press, you should consider adding loft to your putter to decrease the chances of having too much effective loft on the putter at impact.

After having a few rounds with this putter, I can definitely say that putts of 6 feet and in are easier than with other putters I have used, because the alignment lines on the top of the putter make it so easy to get the putter lined up with my target, and I know that the ball isn't going to wobble coming off of the face. I'm hoping that I can keep my putts per round closer to 30 for the rest of the summer, as opposed to the 35-36 range where I was earlier this year! If anyone has questions about my particular setup or these putters in general, please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
Nice putting, Ary. Sounds like you may have figured out a good way to get the ball rolling nicely, too. Thanks for the info.

As an aside, I have 5 degrees of loft on this putter, which is 1 degree higher than standard. If you putt with a forward press, you should consider adding loft to your putter to decrease the chances of having too much effective loft on the putter at impact.
That's great advice Ary.

I'm a big fan of the alignment aid on the Corza. Glad to hear it's working so well for you.

Nice putting, Ary. Sounds like you may have figured out a good way to get the ball rolling nicely, too. Thanks for the info.

Thanks Hawk. I think that it probably looks weird to some people for the ball to be so far forward in my stance with my hands a little forward as well, but I can't argue with the results. It just shows that there are a lot of different ways to get the ball into the hole.

Back