The Bubba Watson Thread

I am shocked at the results of that survey - No one ever.

Has Sabbatini lost his tour card? I always thought that most players wished he was reborn as a toilet brush.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I can smell the butt hurt from four states away. This may send him over the edge.

Has Sabbatini lost his tour card? I always thought that most players wished he was reborn as a toilet brush.

Bubba took 23% of votes, Reed 11%, Sabbatini 9%.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He was 3rd behind Patrick reed

This is not surprising. I wish he was with Parsins Extreme and not Ping. Every time I look at or buy Ping I can't help but think I'm throwing some support to this d-bag.

If he wins the damn Masters again, I will probably projectile vomit onto my TV.

If he wins the damn Masters again, I will probably projectile vomit onto my TV.

There's been little talk of Bubba leading up to the Masters with all the news going to Spieth and now Tiger. He is still one of the favorites (to win) so get some plastic for your TV just in case.

There's been little talk of Bubba leading up to the Masters with all the news going to Spieth and now Tiger. He is still one of the favorites (to win) so get some plastic for your TV just in case.

Haha I know he is - I believe he's got the 2nd or 3rd highest odds along with Spieth and Rory. I just dislike him so, so much...

Last edited:
^^^^^Agreed. I just detest him.

He's just misunderstood you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my prayers are answered he won't make the cut.

I love watching Bubba play. He has a unique swing, and his powerful and creative shot-making is plain fun to observe. I just watched on Youtube for the first time his 163 yard 52* wedge recovery hook shot from the 2012 Masters playoff. Holy cow, that's one heck of a shot. As I tune into to PGA golf, I am loving the cast of characters playing these days. They have pushed golf to new levels, and they do it with funky style. I can't wait to watch this year's Masters unfold!

Wow, he handled the question about poll very well.

Wow, he handled the question about poll very well.

Was just coming to post the same. I'm not a Bubba fan, but very impressed with the way he handled it and saying it's a sign for him to be better.

how many signs does this guy need though? He's said before that he needs to change and be better, but he never does.

how many signs does this guy need though? He's said before that he needs to change and be better, but he never does.

I disagree. He does a lot of stuff that annoys me but he is much better then he was a few years ago.

I'm a little surprised there are so many here that don't like Bubba, especially with him being the top ranked American and the 3rd ranked player in the world. In my golfing circle, I've never met anyone that doesn't like Bubba.

I like the fact that his swing is his own and his only golf lesson was from his father when he was a child. In this day of swing coaches, fitness coaches, and mental coaches, it's refreshing that you can still make it to the very highest level without growing up a privileged child with all sorts of external golf help from wealthy parents. The high school varsity players here all fit the mold of privileged country club kids and it's my fear that the PGA Tour or even college golf is becoming more and more out of reach for the middle class.

I also like the fact he completed college, that he's a Christian involved in a lot of charity work. IMO, the PGA Tour needs more golfers like Bubba or Patrick Reed with some character that are not afraid to speak there mind.

Clearly (and I wont speak on my own experience), those around him dont care for him. There are a lot of people that dont care about his religion choice, and FWIW, there are guys like Tim Tebow that is loved by everybody around him, and hated by so many for him discussing religion so open. Its funny how fans view it as a positive if they like the guy and a negative if they dont, despite being the same thing.

While many view him being religious as what makes him a good guy, just as many view him as an a$$. Religion does as much good as bad in this world (sadly). I have heard a lot of things about why people root for others, but religion is a new one for me over the last few years. Charity work is great but overblown, because every guy on tour does it, for many different reasons and its a tremendous thing. So did OJ Simpson, Kobe Bryant and Mike Vick. Tremendous amazing people of character.

We always hear "Well you dont know the guy"...(not directed at me), but here is the perfect example of those that do, and still call the guy an a$$. I like the way he handled the question about the poll, but frankly he has been saying the same thing for 5 years now.

I say all of that and finish with I am not speaking my opinion, but rather the general reasoning around.

I look at Bubba like he's an idiot savant. He's fantastic and natural at golf, but mentally and emotionally handicapped in a lot of other areas. The chatter inside his own head just has to be deafening at times, I'm guessing, and he blurts out stuff he regrets later.

So although I do tire of his antics, my basic thought is that he's working with what he's got, and maybe give him a little slack in the douche department.

Speaking of religion, his caddie is a Saint for putting up with Bubba all these years. I could care less what religion, if any, one practices. If you're a good person, you're a good person.

Thou shall not blame Teddy for everything.

I always thought people didn't like him because he acted like a huge douche all the time.

And I've known plenty of people that say the right thing when they get called out on things like this. I'll believe it when I see it.

Bubba voted least liked on tour by 103 tour players in ESPN article....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

And here's the high quality journalism question ESPN asked:

Perhaps the most ridiculous question of the poll is one centering on popularity/street justice. Specifically, ESPN posed a hypothetical asking golfers which of their colleagues they'd like to see beaten up in a parking lot.
The prompt read "___________ is in a fight in the parking lot. I'm not helping him."
So, uh, that's a real question asked by a news outlet, and according to ESPN, the most common answer to the prompt was Bubba Watson.

So 22% won't help Bubba. I would take that as 4 out 5 players would help Bubba. I'm guessing Bubba wouldn't need help, especially from those 22%. Everyone I know that can swing a club 120+ mph can hold their own in a fight.

Back