The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wifes team finished the regular season 25-0 tonight with a big hard fought win over their rival on her teams senior night

Way to go, Mrs. Wake!

My wifes team finished the regular season 25-0 tonight with a big hard fought win over their rival on her teams senior night
Hopefully they start losing soon so you can come to Sarasota.

A few days worth of HHJJ's:

A bunch of friendly & generous THPers in Des Moines this past weekend. Especially TexasHacker34 - as a result of his generosity, I now have a putter collection! (assuming 2 counts as a collection). Then there was Bulldog picking up my dinner tab on Friday and donating golf balls for me to use/loose on Saturday. Manlai, Flying Wedge, and several others contributed golf balls on Sunday. Thanks, guys!

HHJJ for the great October weather we had all weekend.

HHJJ for the thousands of Manitobans trying to get back into Canada Monday night. I have no idea why so many of them were in Minnesota for the long weekend, but as a result of the clamour to get across the border, Canada Customs was a bit overwhelmed and decided not to collect the duty on the small bourbon collection I brought back with me! Definitely worth the 75 minute wait!

ETA: HHJJ for AmericInn in Bloomington, MN, for helping me out when my reservation at 4 Points Sheraton turned out to be useless.

You made it down to DesMoines Lefty? Thats Awesome !

You made it down to DesMoines Lefty? Thats Awesome !

I did!

I actually drove by Brandon on the way there and back. I had a brief adventure trying to find a Tim Horton's there on the way down Thursday. I mean, it's only right next to Highway 1, but do you think I could see it? lol.

I did!

I actually drove by Brandon on the way there and back. I had a brief adventure trying to find a Tim Horton's there on the way down Thursday. I mean, it's only right next to Highway 1, but do you think I could see it? lol.

How long do you figure the drive was from Regina to get down there?

Its great that you made it down there and enjoyed it so much.

Last edited:
How long do you figure the drive was from Regina to get down there?

Its great that you made it down there and enjoyed it so much.

It should have been around 15-16 hours, but there was an insane amount of road construction, so it was more like 18-19.

Your provincial highways department likes to live on the edge - they are trying to completely repave a ~30 km stretch of Hwy 1 between Portage and Brandon. They are not likely to get this done before November, I'd say. Maybe they've figured out how to carry out road construction in the driving snow!

It was a fun weekend, and the fact that I played horrible golf did not diminish it one bit.

Congrats to my gal KellyBo for one heck of a 2013 golfing season! This old er young gal golfed her arse off and I'm soooooooo proud !!! :clapp:

Well done KB, hopefully you can get your back sorted and be even better next year :clapp:

OG, hope your knee problem gets sorted soon as well

Today is our 4th anniversary and my wife is the most amazing woman I know. We married young and many told us it was a mistake but neither of us would have it any other way. She completes me, she makes me smile no matter how I'm feeling, she just gets me in every way. She struggles with poor health on a daily basis but she never lets that change the way that she cares for me and loves me and I don't know how she does it.
I am a lucky man, no doubt about it.

Today is our 4th anniversary and my wife is the most amazing woman I know. We married young and many told us it was a mistake but neither of us would have it any other way. She completes me, she makes me smile no matter how I'm feeling, she just gets me in every way. She struggles with poor health on a daily basis but she never lets that change the way that she cares for me and loves me and I don't know how she does it.

Congrats man. Love it.

Congratulations Army!

This is a beautiful post.

Congrats

Congrats Army!!

Congrats Army!

Congrats Curt! I only met your wife very briefly, but it sounds like you chose very well!

Congrats Army!!!

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. ArmyGolf!

Congrats ArmyGolf you are a lucky man! Now take your bride out on the town tonight and have some fun, you two crazy kids!

Second weekend of 3 rounds of golf. The fall is being very kind to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back