The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

Continuing to edit and work on the morning 1st round coverage. Some random thoughts.

It is safe to say that if I ever see Cookie's swing on video again it will be too soon. Agreed.
The amount of practice swings by some amazes me. Its crazy! Some even have a waggle on their putting stroke! :alien:
The amount of times some people knock the ball off the tee before hitting it equally amazing. Hope I didnt groan on camera.
The amount of times some people take a full minute between getting to their ball and hitting it is crazy. Agreed, and I think I can name them.
We had some on the clock just now and between practice swings and contact, over a full minute once having their club and setting to the ball. Again, I can name them.

We have some great stuff and are piecing it together to make it fun for everybody.
Added some to it! I think by the last round I started making some commentary on the delay between shots.

Sounds like pressure got to some of the guys and slowed their routines down...can't wait to see the coverage!

Continuing to edit and work on the morning 1st round coverage. Some random thoughts.

It is safe to say that if I ever see Cookie's swing on video again it will be too soon.
The amount of practice swings by some amazes me.
The amount of times some people knock the ball off the tee before hitting it equally amazing.
The amount of times some people take a full minute between getting to their ball and hitting it is crazy.
We had some on the clock just now and between practice swings and contact, over a full minute once having their club and setting to the ball.

We have some great stuff and are piecing it together to make it fun for everybody.
I can assure you that I am not one of those. silly slow players. Versace, not a slow player.

Sounds like pressure got to some of the guys and slowed their routines down...can't wait to see the coverage!
I dont think it was pressure at all. I think some are just naturally...slow.

It is safe to say that if I ever see Cookie's swing on video again it will be too soon.
The amount of times some people knock the ball off the tee before hitting it equally amazing.
The amount of times some people take a full minute between getting to their ball and hitting it is crazy.
We had some on the clock just now and between practice swings and contact, over a full minute once having their club and setting to the ball.

my one buddy who is really a good golfer pretty close to where i am maybe a little better just got the yips we played a week ago and it was PAINFUL he was over the ball for at least a minute every shot. i really like playing with him and hes still a great player but i don't see me playing with him anymore till he gets it fixed. he seriously looked like Kevin Na. i couldn't believe it and i barely talked to him about it because i thought it might be contagious.

I love how at times you could hear JB yelling across the course, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THEY AREN'T OFF THE TEE YET?!?!"

Ouch.....is it really THAT bad?

No worries JB, you can watch me again 6 weeks from tomorrow!! Ha

For my groups final tee shots on Saturday I had one of the volunteers time us. From the time I put the ball on the tee till the time I hit it it was just around 4 seconds. I'm not sure how many practice swings I took during the week. But I bet the number is less than 10.

The pace of play was kind of a problem, especially on Sunday. I don't know who the culprits are but it was pretty annoying. Yet another reason a scramble/points system could be fun and different.

The pace of play was kind of a problem, especially on Sunday. I don't know who the culprits are but it was pretty annoying. Yet another reason a scramble/points system could be fun and different.

I know a martial told us we were being "kind of slow" in the first group. We didn't really change anything and then all of a sudden we were 2.5 holes ahead of everyone.

Ouch.....is it really THAT bad?

No worries JB, you can watch me again 6 weeks from tomorrow!! Ha

Yeah, it got bad at times.

Hahahahaha, I'm talking about pace of play, not your swing.

I know a martial told us we were being "kind of slow" in the first group. We didn't really change anything and then all of a sudden we were 2.5 holes ahead of everyone.

We waited on every tee box and usually JB and his group were waiting with us. We were behind cookie's group :alien face:

I'm guilty of this at times or re-teeing it

We waited on every tee box and usually JB and his group were waiting with us. We were behind cookie's group :alien face:

And they were waiting behind a few others...

yeah when Chunky and I went back to watch some matches, we were kind of shocked how jammed up it was

I know that we got behind on hole number 4 and again on number 12 but quickly caught up to the group in front of us. No one ever said anything to us....definitely hope we were not the culprit.

Was it truly slow "play" or were folk just a little too wrapped up in the social part of MC? (not that that's bad)

The best was when the marshal told us to speed up when we were on the 5 tee. There were two groups on the hole with us - one on the green - one on the fairway - we were on the tee AND JB's group was on the tee with us. We couldn't really go anywhere hahaha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

Shouldn't we be focusing on the positives here? The event has been played and I'm very much looking forward to the coverage...

Was it truly slow "play" or were folk just a little too wrapped up in the social part of MC? (not that that's bad)

Well, there were interviews going on at times which will naturally slow play down and I know that on hole 5 there was a little snafu with being asked to wait for a video crew that caused a little backup but I think we quickly made up the time with the group in front of us.

I know there were some great lessons learned though and some of these issues will be non-existent next year. In an ideal world, with enough volunteers, I think having a camera person follow 1 group all day would be good because they know just how much coverage they have of a certain group, etc.

Enough from me - don't want to detract from what's going on here.

I don't know but it was pretty slow.

Well, there were interviews going on at times which will naturally slow play down and I know that on hole 5 there was a little snafu with being asked to wait for a video crew that caused a little backup but I think we quickly made up the time with the group in front of us.

I know there were some great lessons learned though and some of these issues will be non-existent next year. In an ideal world, with enough volunteers, I think having a camera person follow 1 group all day would be good because they know just how much coverage they have of a certain group, etc.

Enough from me - don't want to detract from what's going on here.

Good point cookie. The interviews are extremely important and they can slow everything down. I'm also really fast
On the green, I don't take a practice stroke there, just read it and roll it.

For my groups final tee shots on Saturday I had one of the volunteers time us. From the time I put the ball on the tee till the time I hit it it was just around 4 seconds. I'm not sure how many practice swings I took during the week. But I bet the number is less than 10.

its official im playing with Dean at the AC get together. no practice swings FTW!!!!!!!!!

I think you guys are going to really like reliving some of these shots. It is very special to sit back and watch all of these again and know how much each person in this group means to you. We all fight like cats and dogs, but I know that anybody in this group that was involved would give the shirt off their back for their fellow competitor.

There should be a waggle/practice swing/re-teeing outtake video... Actually, that probably would be boring

Back