The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think based on mental toughness I believe TC will do the best in his particular matches. He might not win them all but he will perfom the best overall throughout the weekend. As far as a surprise/darkhorse, I am looking to ddec to be the surprise in this tournament.

Thanks dude. I appreciate that. You've played with me a couple of times now. I try not to get too fazed.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Thanks dude. I appreciate that. You've played with me a couple of times now. I try not to get too fazed.

TC going 3 for 3 is a given, I thought we were talking about the other 15 golfers.

I have seen it first hand, that is why I say it. Everyone here knows you are a good golfer, but this is not about being a good golfer, this is about handling pressure.

Hmmmm...I'm thinking JRod might be a good pick for dark horse player. His swing was pretty darn impressive on the video I saw.

I've played with a good chunk of the participants. Some I have only seen on the range and some shots from afar on the course.

TC - steady golfer, sneaky long off the tee.
Yoccos - can hit the driver well and when his iron game is on, watch out!
Biggsy - bomber, but is more than that. Has worked on his short game and it looked good when I played with him in May.
OEM - hits the ball well, streaky player who can be dangerous in match play
OneT - his game was good last sept, and I hear he has gotten better.
Ary - very smooth swing, hits a nice draw. If he keeps his tempo he will impress with his game
Belbin - the putter is the only thing holding him back. If that gets hot that weekend he will be tough to beat.

I look for Belbin to be a force for Team Paradise, while I think DirtyDawg will be a strong surprise for Team Hackers. Sounds like he can hit the ball long and has a great all around game.

TC rolls
One-t tries
Yoccos only breaks one club

Flipper quits when he hits his first greenside pitch, 6 feet

Jake wins one, flops on sunday

Esox feints

Like ddec, I've played with most of these cats. Here's my breakdown of each participant.

Team Paradouchian

Biggsy- hard worker, fierce competitor. He won't make it easy to win points but he's so much fun to play golf with.

Esox- probably the most tactical guy on TP. I think esox has experience and it will suit him well. He won't give much away and will make you earn it.

Belbin- stupid long yet stupid straight. Despite what he says his short game is his crutch. It all boils down to whether or not he doesn't let his putter woes get to him.

Jake- better than he gets credit for. He is a good ball striker that can pull off some great shots. He needs to hit more gir's.

One-t - I know his game better than anyone. He got a tough draw playing against me in round 1 though. We're best friends and will inherintly root each other on. He's got game though and will do his team proud.

Ddec- love his game. He's sneaky good just literally gives strokes away at times. He'll give us fits but he does it with class. I enjoyed my round with him. He can get streaky hot too.

Arydolphin- kind of an unknown for me but I think he's going to be tough. He's a native north carolinian and has a smooth swing.

Yoccos- better than he believes he is. Long off the tee and better out of the fairway than he leads on. Once he believes in his skills, he'll shine.

Team Badass Mofo's

AHA- solid golfer. Intense and focused. I think he wins matches on the greens. I will look to him to help with a leadership role. I love his game.

JRod- my darkhorse. No one knows how long and accurate he is. He'll back up his talk with his play.

Coolbreeze- love his game. He's strongest off the tee and that's rare. He also just seems immune to pressure.

OEM- my main man. I love his game out of the fairway. Highly underestimated ball striker and I am proud to be his partner. He's my Lt.

Ad- consistent, consistent, consistent. He'll beat you to death with that fade of his. I love his game. He's super sneaky and Paradouchians better respect his game.

Cg13- my range rat. He gets pegged as a slow player but he's not. He's got power that surprises you and you won't find anyone working harder on their game.

Dirtydawg- my ace in the hole. He's a young stud who's now confident in his driver. I think he's a serious x factor for my squad.

There's my assessment folks. I think we see some competitive and tight matches.

I think a lot of your thoughts are spot on TC.

That was a great and honest breakdown there TC, I enjoyed reading your thoughts on everyone. It will be a close fought, hard one competition.

I will throw out a few honest thoughts...even though I have not met any of them. Just going by what I have seen or heard on the forum. Again, my opinion - and no one should take this personal.

Biggsy - solid golfer all around and does not disappoint in this event.
Aha - keeps applying pressure hitting quality shot after shot....plays even better than his HC at this event.
OEM - maybe the highest HC player in this event - but comes through with key shots at the right time.
ESox - think the heat may get to him...starts well but does not finish as strong - 36 holes gets to him in a day.
P4B - maybe the biggest question mark - can he shake the Florida issues he has had before?

AHA will be the best golfer. One-T is almost completely not talked about in terms of his golf and he has serious game.

AHA is the best golfer, but my darkhorse is going to be......DirtyDawg! I think this mystery man, comes out of knowhere to dominate.

Thanks guys!

Hmmmm...I'm thinking JRod might be a good pick for dark horse player. His swing was pretty darn impressive on the video I saw.

I agree Kelly...I think he's going to really surprise people with the quality of his game.

Like ddec, I've played with most of these cats. Here's my breakdown of each participant.

Team Paradouchian

Biggsy- hard worker, fierce competitor. He won't make it easy to win points but he's so much fun to play golf with.

Esox- probably the most tactical guy on TP. I think esox has experience and it will suit him well. He won't give much away and will make you earn it.

Belbin- stupid long yet stupid straight. Despite what he says his short game is his crutch. It all boils down to whether or not he doesn't let his putter woes get to him.

Jake- better than he gets credit for. He is a good ball striker that can pull off some great shots. He needs to hit more gir's.

One-t - I know his game better than anyone. He got a tough draw playing against me in round 1 though. We're best friends and will inherintly root each other on. He's got game though and will do his team proud.

Ddec- love his game. He's sneaky good just literally gives strokes away at times. He'll give us fits but he does it with class. I enjoyed my round with him. He can get streaky hot too.

Arydolphin- kind of an unknown for me but I think he's going to be tough. He's a native north carolinian and has a smooth swing.

Yoccos- better than he believes he is. Long off the tee and better out of the fairway than he leads on. Once he believes in his skills, he'll shine.

Team Badass Mofo's

AHA- solid golfer. Intense and focused. I think he wins matches on the greens. I will look to him to help with a leadership role. I love his game.

JRod- my darkhorse. No one knows how long and accurate he is. He'll back up his talk with his play.

Coolbreeze- love his game. He's strongest off the tee and that's rare. He also just seems immune to pressure.

OEM- my main man. I love his game out of the fairway. Highly underestimated ball striker and I am proud to be his partner. He's my Lt.

Ad- consistent, consistent, consistent. He'll beat you to death with that fade of his. I love his game. He's super sneaky and Paradouchians better respect his game.

Cg13- my range rat. He gets pegged as a slow player but he's not. He's got power that surprises you and you won't find anyone working harder on their game.

Dirtydawg- my ace in the hole. He's a young stud who's now confident in his driver. I think he's a serious x factor for my squad.

There's my assessment folks. I think we see some competitive and tight matches.

From the guys I've seen play I agree with most of this. I think Team Hackers has two dark horses that could really be the difference in these matches: DirtyDawg and JRod. I think both of their games are coming in under the radar and from the swings I've seen, I'm guessing they can both play.

Thanks for the support captain; can't wait to tee it up!

Got some videos o critique from the range- swing felt great today.

I have only played with OEM, and I see a ton of potential. He wasn't striking his irons crisp, and once he gets back in the groove he is going to be tough to beat. He has a great swing and can really chip 'em close.

Darkhorses....

TH - JRod, he can hang with the bombers and has a great looking swing. I expect him to turn some heads in FL. I really think that the JRod/AHA combo will be unbeatable.

TP - Hairy, he seems to be ragged on quite a bit, which takes the attention away from his game. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not. His swing looks pretty good and he seems to be putting in the time on the range/practice green. I think he may shock some people with his play in FL. One thought to ponder.... can he make the transition from matts to Bermuda?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Thanks for the support guys. I have been practicing my ass off and trying to get confident with the woods. I am having good days and bad days so far. The misses aren't going as far right as they nave been, but I am losing a good bit of distance.

TC, great write up/assessment man. I enjoyed reading it. I don't know about the "young" part though, I have been feeling pretty old since I realized my neice turns 18 next week.

Appreciate all the kind comments...I can't wait to tee it up with all these awesome people. I plan to emerge victorious in everything I do but I only hope it happens against someone playing their best. I enjoy the competition more than the outcome to be perfectly honest. I am extremely competitive but if someone is better than me on that particular day then kudos to them. Nothing will be given easily.

Most peoples game is well documented however i think two people are gonna stand out this competition.

TH- DirtyDawg

TP- Esox He seems like a real grinder and that can rattle some people. Nothing is worse than a guy grinding out pars from every which way.

No matter what happens this will no doubt be epic.

I have only played with OEM, and I see a ton of potential. He wasn't striking his irons crisp, and once he gets back in the groove he is going to be tough to beat. He has a great swing and can really chip 'em close.

Darkhorses....

TH - JRod, he can hang with the bombers and has a great looking swing. I expect him to turn some heads in FL. I really think that the JRod/AHA combo will be unbeatable.

TP - Hairy, he seems to be ragged on quite a bit, which takes the attention away from his game. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not. His swing looks pretty good and he seems to be putting in the time on the range/practice green. I think he may shock some people with his play in FL. One thought to ponder.... can he make the transition from matts to Bermuda?

I've played with Ary...on grass no less...and yes he can hit the ball off grass. Quite well too. heehee

Darkhorses....

Thanks for the kudos DD. I was actually going to pick you as the darkhorse on Team Hackers, when I think of you the word "young gun" come to mind, I think you'll do well with your length in Florida.

By the way, you all realize that I actually play off of real grass whenever I'm playing an actual round of golf, right? So the transition is really from bentgrass to Bermuda, which is a transition that a number of us will be making in August.

As far as the darkhorse on Team Paradise, I'm going to go with my guys ddec and Yoccos. They have both been putting in a ton of work on their games, and they just go about their business while playing and won't get overly emotional during the matches.

For the stars of the team, why not go with the captains on each side? I'm sure that neither of those guys want to be the captain of the losing side, and for that reason, I think that both of them will put up really strong performances at the Morgan Cup.

I've played with Ary...on grass no less...and yes he can hit the ball off grass. Quite well too. He's also quite dedicated.

I'm sure he is, just not to the forum! Hello, Ary, are you there?

All you guys are money and you don't even know it. :D

darkhorse on TH: AHA... He's much better than he lets on and I'll leave it at that.
darkhorse on TP: rbelbin... everyone knows he crushes the ball, but his short game is way underrated. I played with him at Outing part deux and he gets down on himself when he misses a putt. I think he's gotten over it.

He's out practicing, and as an MD his job keeps him quite busy.

I'm sorry, I didn't know his mom was on the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back