The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont doubt that it does Ary and I would never say that. But I also know that other things cause emotional problems too. Athletes (a generalization) live very fast lives and when those lives change, many of them dont deal with that all that well. There is a certain rush that is gone. A certain euphoric feeling is gone and many times these guys were not all that emotionally sound before any head trauma that they might garner playing the sport.

I will keep my thoughts on Junior specifically out of this one, but some people are not that stable throughout their lives and certain things make them appear to be.

I dont doubt that it does Ary and I would never say that. But I also know that other things cause emotional problems too. Athletes (a generalization) live very fast lives and when those lives change, many of them dont deal with that all that well. There is a certain rush that is gone. A certain euphoric feeling is gone and many times these guys were not all that emotionally sound before any head trauma that they might garner playing the sport.

I will keep my thoughts on Junior specifically out of this one, but some people are not that stable throughout their lives and certain things make them appear to be.

Preach on brotha,,you got that exactly right...... SAY OWWWW,,,remember that??? Junior will be sadly missed and a great player he was

From my experience they are hardly ever that far off, especially considering how early they usually break stories.

I hope its wrong. I just can't imagine what would be so bad that you would be willing to abandon your children. I really do hope the report is false.
Oh, I'm sure they are right, wasn't bashing them, just saying how far we've come (or how far we've fallen) that TMZ is now a trusted source. I guess the positive with them is they aren't bias about the left or right!

Wow, can't believe it. I'm sitting a few miles from where Junior's legend began in Oceanside, CA (and where he was found). Just ran out for lunch and the sports talk shows are obviously 100% on this. They were talking about how sad it was his Mom came out to talk about it today and just had no idea what could possibly cause this. Never met him but I had nothing but respect for the guy on the field (even if he went to USC) and he did a ton a charity work in this community even after football.

RIP Junior and condolences to the family.

Sad to hear this. May he rest in peace. He definitely didn't seem to be adjusting to not playing very well. Just a bummer he couldn't work through things.

It is a sad day and may he rest in peace.

The media will turn this into a concussion witch hunt..especially since Ray Easterling killed himself just a few weeks ago and he was one of the first to sue the NFL over the concussion issue. I don't doubt that repeated concussions can have long lasting effects on a person, but the media will turn this into the concussions made both of them committ suicide...just like violent video games cause school shootings and explicit lyrics in music causes good kids to turn into criminals.

I just hate when they start making generalizations, there are plenty of NFL players that suffered plenty of conscussions that are doing just fine....look at Steve Young and Troy Aikman...those 2 were the poster children for "had to retire earlier due to too many concussions" and they seem fine.

It is a horrible loss, he was a hell of a player, I just hope this doesn't turn into the spanish inquistition against the NFL.

I'm just still really bummed about this. It's tough to watch the coverage of it - just all very sad and tragic.

Sad, sad news to hear. I call myself a fan because I liked watching his hustle and play on field. I know nothing about the guy, but sorry to hear this.

I remember when I was younger and loved watching football but didn't know anyone on a team other than the Pack. His name is the only I ring a bell remembering because he was that dominant. Tough loss for the sport.

Hopefully and wife kids are set since he peaced out on them. That's too bad too.

I heard this on NPR on the way home from work. Sad indeed! RIP JS!

That is sad, rest in peace JS.

Boy I feel for his family.

It's tough to watch on Sportscenter.. Seems like he had a big heart and growing up in the community and going college and pro in SD as well. I bet that community is in shock

Really sucks to hear about Seau. I never saw much of him but what I did was awesome.

That's just a bad deal... You never know what people are dealing with inside.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Ravens LB Terrell Suggs is expected to undergo surgery on his torn Achilles next week. He is likely out for the 2012 season.

Big hit to the Raves. Great news for the rookie, Upshaw.

Teams do a lot of things wrong, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers agreeing to terms with former Rutgers defensive tackle Eric LeGrand is the best sports gesture I have seen in a while.

Teams do a lot of things wrong, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers agreeing to terms with former Rutgers defensive tackle Eric LeGrand is the best sports gesture I have seen in a while.

Agreed! New coach? You like him?

Yeah. It was a nice move. They did it on 5/2 also because he wore 52 in college.

Not sure yet.

Schiano did a great job at Rutgers and is really good developing young players. Not sure how it will work with him going into a situation with veterans. For the Falcons sake, I hope it doesnt work...haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back