The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They usually let all of that go on the hail mary.. Call was still blown though

Clear push by Tate and it was obvious to the whole world that Jennings came down with the ball. What a huge blown call. Egg on your face nfl.

It certainly seems like through this whole replacement debacle, but it's almost like they don't care!

Isnt that the point? In South FLA itll reach more people being in Spanish lol.. Is it spanish? lol

I'm sure it is the point. Still wish I knew the words. My guess is spanish.....actually spanglish since there was some english mixed in.

Still can't believe the end of that game last night. Unreal.

Did the Packers get screwed last night? Yup! First they got the call wrong with the pass interference. Then on the hail mary play they missed a block in the back, a pass interference on Tate and Jennings had clear possesion of the ball (and Tate had 1 arm on the ball at best) and they gave the TD to Tate. Disgusting.
Oh well, its a done deal now. Time to focus now on the Saints and hope the Packers get another shot at the Seahawks in the playoffs.

The call was a bad call.
Lots of them were last night.
They were not all one-sided.

FWIW, it was not the refs that gave up 617 sacks in the 1st half.
It was not the refs that refused to run the ball in the 1st half.

I have always said bad calls can make or break a game, but you have to look at the game as a whole. The replacement refs stink, but truth be told, nobody liked the regular refs either. Hence the reason for instant replay coming into place. The constant booing and complaining the last few years about blown calls, etc...Instant replay and HDTV as well as more cameras make blown calls so much more visible to the fans.

Was it a bad call? Yup. There were a few of them and quite a few on both sides of the ball. The timing was what sets it apart in my opinion, not the actual call.

Hey TC, friendly avatar wager for Sunday's Falcons vs Panthers game? 1 week avatar of the winners choosing?

Did the Packers get screwed last night? Yup! First they got the call wrong with the pass interference. Then on the hail mary play they missed a block in the back, a pass interference on Tate and Jennings had clear possesion of the ball (and Tate had 1 arm on the ball at best) and they gave the TD to Tate. Disgusting.
Oh well, its a done deal now. Time to focus now on the Saints and hope the Packers get another shot at the Seahawks in the playoffs.

There were multiple bad calls. Probably 5 bad on both sides! I hear no Packers fans talking about the absolutely horrid PI call on Chancellor that extended the Packer drive on 3rd and 6 that ended in 7 points. Even Chucky said it was terrible. And the questionable overturn of the spot at the 1 yard line that gave them 1st and goal. Or the no call on on Woodson where he basically tackled the Hawks TE before the ball got there on the final drive. The PI on the Pack was terrible, the roughing the passer was questionable and the final call was bad. But if they make the right calls on all these plays, the final score may have been 7-6 Hawks, or 10-9 Hawks, with Green Bay ball on a kickoff with 2 minutes left. All I am saying is that this one play isn't the reason GB lost. How bout you score more than 12 points?!

Hey TC, friendly avatar wager for Sunday's Falcons vs Panthers game? 1 week avatar of the winners choosing?

Lol, how many points are you spotting me?

The call was a bad call.

I have always said bad calls can make or break a game, but you have to look at the game as a whole. The replacement refs stink, but truth be told, nobody liked the regular refs either. Hence the reason for instant replay coming into place. The constant booing and complaining the last few years about blown calls, etc...Instant replay and HDTV as well as more cameras make blown calls so much more visible to the fans.

Was it a bad call? Yup. There were a few of them and quite a few on both sides of the ball. The timing was what sets it apart in my opinion, not the actual call.

I would agree with that....there were tons of bad and blown calls all across the league this weekend, but it's a big story now and every network is looking hard at every play to try and find bad calls and missed calls so that can show them in HD on those big screens.

The call was a bad call.

I'd agree with that. The bad calls are something I can deal with. But what I hate is how long they are taking to make calls and some of those other nuances that are missing. Giving extra timeouts, extra challenges, marking off the penalties wrong, and having a big conference on seemingly every other call. Also some games(not all) have gotten out of control with after the whistle action.

One of the biggest issues is the fact that the players have figured out that they can get away with alot more....it's like have a substitute teacher and convincing them that your regular teacher lets you chew gum in class....they now see that they can push the rules without getting flagged and they are just going to keep doing it.

Most games the DB's and the recievers were really physical with each other.

I know my opinion bis discounted because of my open fandom. Here is a simple test. Show that replay to somebody who doesn't watch football ask them who caught that ball. My wife saw that play for the first time this morning. She yelled at me because I told her the Packers lost.

To be very fair, in the first half the Seahawks played defense like a team who should win every game.

the funniest part to me was the push by Tate. How do you miss that? Ever time I see the replay I just watch for the push and laugh. It is what it is and it sucks for the game. But Aaron Rodgers needs to step it up

I know my opinion bis discounted because of my open fandom. Here is a simple test. Show that replay to somebody who doesn't watch football ask them who caught that ball. My wife saw that play for the first time this morning. She yelled at me because I told her the Packers lost.

To be very fair, in the first half the Seahawks played defense like a team who should win every game.

But couldn't the same be said for numerous penalties missed on both sides? I agree the call was terrible. It absolutely was. I believe it is a big Packers fan in this thread that has said many times that refs blown calls only account for a play or two and they even out in the end.

While I dont necessarily agree with him completely, the truth is, in this game there were bad calls to both sides. The refs did not cause a QB to hold the ball too long and get sacked 900 times in the 1st half.

I see your point blu. And don't even disagree. But the last play isn't the whole story. Most of what I am hearing is that the last play is the "one and only reason" GB lost. I don't think any part of that is true. Too many other good things done by the Seahawks and too many other bad calls to think that way.

My .02; If the refs call it an interception, we are not having a discussion about the refs right now.

My .02; If the refs call it an interception, we are not having a discussion about the refs right now.
You would be hearing it from Seahawks fans, because there were multiple bad calls their way too that really hurt their chances of winning. The difference would be there wouldn't be the GB clout behind it.

I agree. When one ref starts to call a touchback and one is calling a touchDOWN clearly we have confusion. Too bad they panicked and made the wrong decision.

But couldn't the same be said for numerous penalties missed on both sides? I agree the call was terrible. It absolutely was. I believe it is a big Packers fan in this thread that has said many times that refs blown calls only account for a play or two and they even out in the end.

While I dont necessarily agree with him completely, the truth is, in this game there were bad calls to both sides. The refs did not cause a QB to hold the ball too long and get sacked 900 times in the 1st half.

I agree with you on the first half stuff. I've said it over and over that in the first half the defense for Seattle was amazing. And deserved the win. Bad calls happen. The PI on Seattle late was a bad call. The PI on Shields was a bad call. The biggest difference is the last call decided the game.

For me, it's not just the bad calls that kill me. I can appreciate human error. What I can't deal with is the cluster eff-ness of everything. One say touchback. One says TD. The one with the most say just runs the opposite direction. They just have no control but have too much influence on the results.

I also know that the only way the real refs come back is if the money is affected. And that probably won't happen.

You all know I am a Seahawks fan, so take this for what it is worth. I don't feel one bit guilty or bad about this win. I have been on the other side too many times to feel guilty about this one. I actually am very impressed with the Hawks D and think they will be in every game they play this year (barring major injuries). Even with a subpar offense, I don't see anyone lighting up this D consistently. One thing we all agree on is how out of control all these games are. The real refs need to be back ASAP.

That said, here is a picture that pretty clearly shows Tate's left arm inside the arms of the defender and around the ball, and the defender's feet haven't hit the ground yet, but both of Tate's feet are down. If you cross reference it with the video or other pictures, Tate also has the ball with his right arm. There is a case to be made for "tie goes to the offense". The offensive PI is obvious, but you see it all the time on hail mary's and I can't recall ever seeing offensive PI on a hail mary play. I'm sure there has been some, but it is pretty rare.

TATE.jpg

Well that picture sure does show an interesting perspective. I thought that Jennings had that ball firmly cemented to his chest until I saw that picture.

Interesting.

I think the bottom line is that these refs need to go. Way too many non calls and way too many cupcake calls for my liking. There's a fine line at this level and these guys have it all kinds of blurred.

Well that picture sure does show an interesting perspective. I thought that Jennings had that ball firmly cemented to his chest until I saw that picture.

Interesting.

I think the bottom line is that these refs need to go. Way too many non calls and way too many cupcake calls for my liking. There's a fine line at this level and these guys have it all kinds of blurred.

I agree about the refs. The other thing that has been p1ssing me off about these refs is the late flags after a player complains. On Sunday I watched 3 or 4 plays where the player got up and waved their arms and BOOM... flag. I mean really? Either you saw it or not. The players manuerisms should mean nothing.

This is by far the best thing that the Buccaneers have produced this year. I'm sure coolbreeze will agree:

Excellent.
Ary, on a related note, did you see your Dolphin's cheer leaders in action?

Interesting.

My question is did they even review the play? Id assume so. I guess they determined that there was not sufficient evidence to over turn whatever the call was on the field?

A counter point-Aren't secondaries taught to bat the ball down in hail mary situations as opposed to go for the int? Smack the ball down in this situation and it is a non-issue.
Not trying to defend the call just making a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back