The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is HUGE news!!! I thought there was a good chance he was gone back to his buddy in Tampa.
That rumor never made sense to me, but I certainly wouldn't have complained.

Great news for Big D. Get him and Garrett back on board then focus on Dez

Do coaches' salaries count against the salary cap?

Last I heard they had a 4 year deal in place for Garrett but didn't hear the $$$$ side of it.

I thought I read 5 years 30 mil for Garrett

Glad to see the coaching staff staying together. Good news heading into next year. Now get Dez locked up and then see what happens at RB.

Would like some more linebacker/ D line depth....a few key D guys injured on Sunday hurt the pass rush badly.

Glad to see the coaching staff staying together. Good news heading into next year. Now get Dez locked up and then see what happens at RB.

Would like some more linebacker/ D line depth....a few key D guys injured on Sunday hurt the pass rush badly.

Now, if we could just get this guy named Lee to stay healthy what a wonder world it would be.

We ran Rex's d late year pettine runs Rex's d I don't really see why people are concerned with this switch.

Bills were terrible against the run (28th) in Pettine's defense, they were good against both the run (11th) and pass (3rd) under Schwartz, that might be why.

I like Seattle by 17 over Green Bay and the Colts by a FG over the Pats setting the stage for a Wilson-Luck rivalry that will last 15 years.

I like Seattle by 17 over Green Bay and the Colts by a FG over the Pats setting the stage for a Wilson-Luck rivalry that will last 15 years.
I'll take green bay and 17 then

I'm a Seahawks fan and I would take GB with 17 for sure, holy cow!!!

36-16 win against them this year with a healthy Rodgers. Am I giving my Hawks too much love?

36-16 win against them this year with a healthy Rodgers. Am I giving my Hawks too much love?

I'd love to take a bet on this GB vs. Seattle game. If you are giving 17... we can bet a dozen golf balls.

Imagine if Luck had that running game and defense... I don't think there would be a rival in the NFL for him.

Just read this tweet about Vontae Davis, who I think doesn't get enough credit because he is on the Colts defense:

43.7% comp pct & 39.8 passer rating allowed in coverage are the best of any NFL CB (min. 500 snaps). #Colts

Lets not forget that he has not given up a touchdown all year either.

Yep, that too. He doesn't get enough credit for how good he is. The secondary overall is pretty good, the bad part about the Colts D is the pass rush. They just give the QB too much time sometimes and it's impossible for even the best corners to cover that long without a guy getting open

Yep, that too. He doesn't get enough credit for how good he is. The secondary overall is pretty good, the bad part about the Colts D is the pass rush. They just give the QB too much time sometimes and it's impossible for even the best corners to cover that long without a guy getting open

He was the best CB in football this year. Plain and simple.

Agreed, the pass rush is yuck. Werner is just terrible. That was a total whiff of a pick. Hoping for a big game from interior d-line and Jonathan Newsome on Sunday.

Newsome has really emerged as a good pass rusher. He could have had even more sacks if not for the fact he only played a small % of snaps for most of the season. If Mathis comes back strong next year the pass rush could be fantastic!

Lets not forget that he has not given up a touchdown all year either.
Richard Sherman hasn't given up a TD in 2 years. I think Rodgers is healthier than he's leading on the media so it might just be a TD spread like it is as of right now which is still generous IMO.

TY Hilton was the last time Sherman gave up a TD so almost 2 years.

Richard Sherman hasn't given up a TD in 2 years. I think Rodgers is healthier than he's leading on the media so it might just be a TD spread like it is as of right now which is still generous IMO.

He actually gave up a TD against Desean Jackson this year. Cover 2, but that TD is on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back