The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I don't know the whole story and if so I'll change my view. But at this point I'm with the players on this one. Contracts already allow players to lose out on the non guaranteed money. If they sign a deal for guaranteed money then I think it should be guaranteed.

I don't see why the player should be the only one that has to accept risk ("believe in your talent"). If you sign a long term contract you are putting yourself at the mercy of the team - coaching, roster, system, etc - a whole slew of things that influence a player's performance. They should be on the hook for their good and bad decisions, too. In other word, it they don't think the player is going to be worth the money in year X then don't agree to it. Also, the problem could be solved easily by paying the guaranteed money at once or having short term contracts. But of course those factors work against the team's interests of spreading out the dollars over multiple years to manage the cap. Again, maybe I'm missing some facts, but it seems like the system is heavily skewed in favor of the teams to me.

There is no such thing as guaranteed money in the NFL. Signing bonus only exists as a loop hole to work with in the cap.
Cant have it both ways. If its a signing bonus, make it what it is and give it to the player for signing the contract. If its yearly pay, make it what it is and pay it by the year. Doing both, and allowing a player to get paid by two teams, and two teams being cap punished goes against the very system of the hard cap (which is the only way a level playing field works).

Its not as if the player has no choice. He can collect the guaranteed money and sit or sign with another team and collect their money. Whichever benefits them more. To me that is like saying that if a player decides to fail 12 drug tests, guaranteed is guaranteed, so he deserves his money. No such thing in the NFL.

Will Cowboys sign Dez before the July 15th deadline.......tick tock goes the signing clock.....

The Packers are on a run. The team that fans scream are above this stuff, just can't get away from it. Andrew Quarless the latest idiot for firing a gun in Miami, twice and being arrested. They now have the three amigos with Guion and Jones.

Please God, let the Titans sell. Like the team, hate the Adams family. I don't trust the Titans organization for anything.

They've sold the public on Mariota as the savior, pushed merchandise and tickets, and are dickering with a few million, which is pocket change to them.

This dysfunctional family cares about money and Texas, in that order. And I want to be rid of them.

Please God, let the Titans sell. Like the team, hate the Adams family. I don't trust the Titans organization for anything.

They've sold the public on Mariota as the savior, pushed merchandise and tickets, and are dickering with a few million, which is pocket change to them.

This dysfunctional family cares about money and Texas, in that order. And I want to be rid of them.

Don't think the people in Houston would agree with ya on the 2nd care.........

Don't think the people in Houston would agree with ya on the 2nd care.........

Amen!!! That POS's greed ruined football in the city for a while.

Jason Pierre Paul provides another reason for the Giants to not give him a long term deal. What a waste of effin talent. Some players just don't have what it takes to be truly great.

Jason Pierre Paul provides another reason for the Giants to not give him a long term deal. What a waste of effin talent. Some players just don't have what it takes to be truly great.

Yeah that one was hard. Although if its that or arrests, I will go with that. Sadly in this day and age, that is the bar that is set.

Yeah that one was hard. Although if its that or arrests, I will go with that. Sadly in this day and age, that is the bar that is set.
It's pretty sad.

And regarding JPP, you knew he'd be a flash in the pan when after his awesome 2011 coming out party he showed up to training camp almost 30 lbs over weight. Dude wants to be a celebrity, not a football player.

While guys like Beckham worry me a bit, you can tell Beckham has that desire to be great. JPP never displayed that.

The Packers are on a run. The team that fans scream are above this stuff, just can't get away from it. Andrew Quarless the latest idiot for firing a gun in Miami, twice and being arrested. They now have the three amigos with Guion and Jones.

Could you imagine if this guy played for the Patriots? The outrage would be hysterical...

Could you imagine if this guy played for the Patriots? The outrage would be hysterical...
A bunch of fools. I can't wait for the local fans to throw a fit. Then for the team to "wait for the process to conclude", reinstate Quarless after his suspension. Then hear about how did his time and we should just move on.

I forgot to add, on Green Bay sports talk radio today, a gentleman who sounds old enough to be Ole Grey's dad will call in (probably 3 times) and talk about "Packer people". Then make some rambling comment how Lombardi wouldn't have stood for this, today's players are soft, and they get paid too much.

Adam Schefter reporting that JPP had his right index finger amputated today.

The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Adam Schefter reporting that JPP had his right index finger amputated today.

Saw that. They showed the medical report. Isn't that a huge HIPAA no no?

Saw that. They showed the medical report. Isn't that a huge HIPAA no no?

Pretty much. I couldn't believe the image that Schefter put up with his tweet. Someone at that hospital will be in big trouble.

When the unAffordable Healthcare Act gets fully implemented everyone will have a Medical ID which can be accessed by anyone including potential employers who will use it to decide whether to hire you or not. Privacy is gone.

When the unAffordable Healthcare Act gets fully implemented everyone will have a Medical ID which can be accessed by anyone including potential employers who will use it to decide whether to hire you or not. Privacy is gone.

Is this true? Can you post a link to some info on this, it's not that I don't believe you, it's just that I haven't heard this before and if it is true that is OUTRAGEOUS!

Is this true? Can you post a link to some info on this, it's not that I don't believe you, it's just that I haven't heard this before and if it is true that is OUTRAGEOUS!

I don't think that is true. I took a class in college devoted just to the Affordable Care Act and that was never mentioned.. I am not a fan of the act but I am almost certain this isn't happening

This is one that i saw from a couple years ago when we discussed this at work. It has to do with the electronic records that doctors are required to keep and Big Data being used for everything.

https://www.allclearid.com/blog/electronic-medical-records-and-the-affordable-care-act

http://medidfraud.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/2014_Medical_ID_Theft_Study1.pdf

I don't think that is true. I took a class in college devoted just to the Affordable Care Act and that was never mentioned.. I am not a fan of the act but I am almost certain this isn't happening

That makes me feel much better. I am someone who doesn't mind things like my phone being tracked or whatever the NSA wants to do with it, because I have absolutely nothing to hide so I don't really care. But this goes beyond anything even I could be comfortable with when it comes to my personal privacy. And I don't have anything hide medically either, but for someone who does, that's just not right.

That makes me feel much better. I am someone who doesn't mind things like my phone being tracked or whatever the NSA wants to do with it, because I have absolutely nothing to hide so I don't really care. But this goes beyond anything even I could be comfortable with when it comes to my personal privacy. And I don't have anything hide medically either, but for someone who does, that's just not right.

the concern will be whether a doctors office takes the time to make the records as secure as possible, then if/when they get transmitted to another doctor, hospital, etc they go encrypted so they can't be intercepted and info like ssn, dob and other personal information is hacked

Major companies get hacked all the time. I can't imagine small hospitals and medical practices will do better...

Anywho.... What's the chance that next Fourth of July there are odds in Vages for over under on number of NFL fingers lost from fireworks? Will we beat this year's three?

Rest in Peace. Such a sad day for Raider Nation.
the%20snake.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back