The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All clothes in black trash bag sit it in the sun should get hot enough to kill the bugs but not destroy your clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm itching. That's a lot of good clothes gone.

Bed bugs..that's crazy!!

Mike Dean dunking on someone...that's Awesome!

Heat kills them, so a dryer would work.
Sadly however, dryer plus Merino wool equals no good when things fit right. So those would be gone.
Same with my Millar pants that are brand new. The rest I could probably salvage if I had to.
The suitcase is my Tumi, that would be gone too.

Marriott has said they would make good on it, but Im sure they dont expect five 1/4 zips, 4 pairs of Peter Millar or Bonobos pants and $50 Kentwool underwear.
You tell that to them and they say "Enjoy your Marriott Gift Card".

Similarly to heat, steam is your friend for those situations. I worked for the health department previously and I check every single hotel room upon check in, no matter what hotel name or price it is. Obvious spots like along the seams of the mattress but always lift the headboard off the wall and check screw heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the exterminator comes back with better news (not sure what else it would be)

Sorry to hear that JB. Knew about the issue but not the huge amount of clothes that are likely lost.

Damn it why did I read this thread? Now I'm itching. Better not tell the wife I would be sleeping elsewhere tonight.

Beat's crabs I suppose.

Crabs are lice. I've dealt with kids coming home with lice and having to do their hair and wash everything.

The stories and TV shows I've seen about bedbugs show me that lice are by far the lesser of the two evils.

This thread makes me itch right now

Crabs are lice. I've dealt with kids coming home with lice and having to do their hair and wash everything.

The stories and TV shows I've seen about bedbugs show me that lice are by far the lesser of the two evils.
I'll pass on either thanks!

I'll pass on either thanks!
That would be the best idea!

Lice were not fun. Multiple times was even worse. The shows I have seen about bedbugs make it seem like they are bugs from hell!

Really glad to be sitting on a hotel bed reading this thread right now haha. Probably won't be sleeping for the week

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hey JB, Kyrie Irving feels your pain after his recent trip to Oklahoma City:

This thread has been fun to catch up on this morning as I'm out inspecting homeless shelters and one of our major concerns is bed bugs. Spoiler alert…we haven't found one instance of bed bugs YET.

JB: heat and steam are what we were told if we do come across them (to fix our clothes). Something as simple as putting them in the bathroom while you're showering could do the trick.

Then again, I'd probably start all over with new clothes…

We had bed bugs in our apartment 5 or 6 years ago, I have no idea where they came from, but e had some.

The exterminators were great at explaining us what we needed to do to get rid of them, and it was a considerable amount of work, but not nearly as bad as what we see on TV.

Bed bugs are nasty! Sorry JB, hotel should give you free rooms for month & reimburse your clothes!

So, my phone bricked on me last night. No phone for the first time in years, probably. Not cool.

The brick was pretty much my fault though. You know that saying about being just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous? Well....
Since I was barely smart enough to break it, I certainly can't fix it. Bah!
Anyone got an unlocked phone lying around? :clown:

Ouch T0AD. I took mine to a store (granted different issues), but it was amazing to see how easy it was for them to fix. Try one of those cell phone repair places. Cheaper than buying a new phone.

Ouch T0AD. I took mine to a store (granted different issues), but it was amazing to see how easy it was for them to fix. Try one of those cell phone repair places. Cheaper than buying a new phone.
You certainly had an eventful weekend. I saw you down at the desk in deep convo at like 5AM. Kinda wondered what was going on as it looked kind of serious.

My wife would have slept out in the grill area on a pool lounger or something.

You certainly had an eventful weekend. I saw you down at the desk in deep convo at like 5AM. Kinda wondered what was going on as it looked kind of serious.

I had to change rooms from 2:30 am to about 5am

I would have slept on the plane on my way back home. After I went through some kind of hazmat decontamination.

I might actually stay under my food and golf budgets for the first time in a long time. Baby steps.

So, my phone bricked on me last night. No phone for the first time in years, probably. Not cool.

The brick was pretty much my fault though. You know that saying about being just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous? Well....
Since I was barely smart enough to break it, I certainly can't fix it. Bah!
Anyone got an unlocked phone lying around? :clown:

What did you do to the phone? I might be able to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back