The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So THP and it's staffers are not "outside the box" thinkers. :laughing:

I've heard a lot of things in the past about the site but I think that might be a first.

il_570xN.259108323.jpg

tumblr_ngswysN3sp1ro3pofo1_500.jpg

So THP and it's staffers are not "outside the box" thinkers. :laughing:

I've heard a lot of things in the past about the site but I think that might be a first.

I can be called a lot of things, and some of them deservedly so (many of them not), but not outside the box thinker is not one of them.
I dont like boxes, therefore I choose to ignore them and go with something a bit more crazy.

We might never be the smartest or best looking (thanks to Jake weighing us down all those years) (I kid of course)
But nobody will outwork us or out "creative" us.

To be fair though, I did not see a post about this, so have no idea what people are speaking of...haha

Seriously.

Some freaking fun golf too.....

Yep yep. Will have to look out for tickets but I bet my bro-in-law could help since he's very in with the ATX music scene.

I can be called a lot of things, and some of them deservedly so (many of them not), but not outside the box thinker is not one of them.
I dont like boxes, therefore I choose to ignore them and go with something a bit more crazy.

We might never be the smartest or best looking (thanks to Jake weighing us down all those years) (I kid of course)
But nobody will outwork us or out "creative" us.

To be fair though, I did not see a post about this, so have no idea what people are speaking of...haha
Wait.....which part was I holding us back? The smart or the best looking part? I will not deny that I'm neither....by a large margin. Ha!

Wait.....which part was I holding us back? The smart or the best looking part? I will not deny that I'm neither....by a large margin. Ha!

We did lead the league in unabated headbutts though.

Definitely.

You just set him up for a "definitely "

I have a funny P4B story that I am sure has been told but I was thinking about yesterday.
So I am playing PGA National with him and 2 other guys. My team is up 2 with like 5 to play and his partner is like an anchor around his neck. I mean for a guy that was a "12" it was as if Jake introduced him to the game earlier that day.

So we get to a hole and I hit my drive right and then miss the green. P4B and partner are in a great chance as he pounds his drive down the middle. His partner decides to hit a reverse shank. What is that? No idea and neither does he. Its like a shank, but somehow went dead left as if he shanked it off his ankle and it ricocheted. The ball ends up in a little stream and when we walk over there, there is a small snake in the water near the ball.

Now I dont like snakes. And wanted no part of it, but Jake was so angry that he was yelling at his "anchor" to go get the damn ball. I mean he was saying "Just get the ball, you are killing me here, how did this even happen, go get it". And you can hear it in P4B's voice if you have met him. Saying odd things like "dang" and stuff.

Finally they have to drop and P4B comes running over to my cart in a lumbering kind of way and just leans in and says "**** YOU, YOU KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH HIM".

HAHAHAHAHA! I love some Jake stories. I'm a massive fan....even if he did kiss me at the Adams event.

I have a funny P4B story that I am sure has been told but I was thinking about yesterday.
So I am playing PGA National with him and 2 other guys. My team is up 2 with like 5 to play and his partner is like an anchor around his neck. I mean for a guy that was a "12" it was as if Jake introduced him to the game earlier that day.

So we get to a hole and I hit my drive right and then miss the green. P4B and partner are in a great chance as he pounds his drive down the middle. His partner decides to hit a reverse shank. What is that? No idea and neither does he. Its like a shank, but somehow went dead left as if he shanked it off his ankle and it ricocheted. The ball ends up in a little stream and when we walk over there, there is a small snake in the water near the ball.

Now I dont like snakes. And wanted no part of it, but Jake was so angry that he was yelling at his "anchor" to go get the damn ball. I mean he was saying "Just get the ball, you are killing me here, how did this even happen, go get it". And you can hear it in P4B's voice if you have met him. Saying odd things like "dang" and stuff.

Finally they have to drop and P4B comes running over to my cart in a lumbering kind of way and just leans in and says "**** YOU, YOU KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH HIM".
I'm later told that the snake was a water moccasin, which apparently are poisonous. Frick I didn't know. Just go hit the shot! At that point we just needed him to put a mark on the scorecard! But NOOOOO!

HAHAHAHAHA! I love some Jake stories. I'm a massive fan....even if he did kiss me at the Adams event.
I cannot confirm nor deny that. But I will say that I like to kiss people I like. So you've got that going for ya pal! Haha, which is nice.

While I was out I got a public service call from the county, telling me to be prepared for the coming event and to take care when using space heaters and portable generators to avoid carbon dioxide poisoning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I was out I got a public service call from the county, telling me to be prepared for the coming event and to take care when using space heaters and portable generators to avoid carbon dioxide poisoning

Hello, we are from the government and we are here to help. :alien: WE know what's best for you and are smart too!

JM

No wonder our society is so screwed up, they've been putting that in our coke for years.

No wonder our society is so screwed up, they've been putting that in our coke for years.
Gotta watch out for that dihydrogen monoxide too. Kills a ton of people and causes a lot of property damage every year.

Gotta watch out for that dihydrogen monoxide too. Kills a ton of people and causes a lot of property damage every year.

Another silent killer they put in Coke.

With Glenn Frye recently passing, felt fitting watching The History is the Eagles again since it was on Showtime.

So I woke up at my normal 5am this morning and log in to check my email and some news. I see dozens of PMs, and was like "what the heck". Someone said I called someone else a name, etc etc. I have no idea what this is about, but after seeing what was sent, definitely did not call someone a name. Someone clearly looking for something that wasnt there.

I get so tired of this nonsense every single year. People choose the internet and message boards/forums for a lot of different reasons. We hope they like this one. If they do, great, we are going to continue to do things that are creative, unique and so far out in left field it had not been thought of before. Others might do the same, or they might just try to do similar things. Thats fine too, dont care never have.

If someone wants to do their thing, fine, do it. Dont bring us into it and do it on your own merit, not the work of others. Its okay though, the beauty of this world and the people on it, is everybody has choices and they live with those choices.

For me, I like it here. I like the people here. When I dont like it here, or dont like the people here, I wont come anymore. Its that simple. I wont try to make things up that didnt happen or exist. I wont lie, cheat and steal on someone elses work. I will just do my thing elsewhere. I realize that not everybody's like that, but each time I come to expect more out of people, Im reminded that everybody is in fact different.

The beauty behind all of this, are choices are good and there are plenty of them.

Not knowing the details, and it's for the best it's that way. But I have a feeling what/who perpetuated a lot of this. The irony is that people are concerned about something that didn't happen, but when it come to countless attacks on THP, its staff, and the membership body it's fine. QWERTY muscles are funny. Worse than beer muscles. Keep doing you brother, stay focused on a fantastic year to come.

Not knowing the details, and it's for the best it's that way. But I have a feeling what/who perpetuated a lot of this. The irony is that people are concerned about something that didn't happen, but when it come to countless attacks on THP, its staff, and the membership body it's fine. QWERTY muscles are funny. Worse than beer muscles. Keep doing you brother, stay focused on a fantastic year to come.

Well said, and I dont know the details either.
Nor do I care at all.
At the end of the day, thats all you can do, is "keep doing" because you nailed it there.

I know you called me a cotton-headed-ninny-muggins.

No seriously with all do respect, how ridiculous. We love THP and wouldn't have some of our friendships without it. Mr V specifically, and me because I guess I just fall into that wife category.

I know you called me a cotton-headed-ninny-muggins.

No seriously with all do respect, how ridiculous. We love THP and wouldn't have some of our friendships without it. Mr V specifically, and me because I guess I just fall into that wife category.

Maybe he falls into that husband category.

Mind Blown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back