The Official Banter Away Thread

At work my office has a lock that intermittently will not lock or unlock. Pain in the butt when trying to get in, or leave the office.
Reported it to my supervisors.
"We have looked at it, and don't have a solution. We might replace the entire door assembly, if we can find one."
It just needs a new lockset.
"We see you can still open it by prying it open with a screwdriver, so keep doing that."
Ummmmmmm

This is after the new boss wanted us to suggest "low hanging fruit", annoying issues that could be easily fixed.
Being a facilities engineer this just makes me laugh. The stuff people complain about around here is often trivial. A door not opening in an emergency in not trivial at all.

At work my office has a lock that intermittently will not lock or unlock. Pain in the butt when trying to get in, or leave the office.
Reported it to my supervisors.
"We have looked at it, and don't have a solution. We might replace the entire door assembly, if we can find one."
It just needs a new lockset.
"We see you can still open it by prying it open with a screwdriver, so keep doing that."
Ummmmmmm

This is after the new boss wanted us to suggest "low hanging fruit", annoying issues that could be easily fixed.

WTF - that is funny.

JB is probably not going to be happy I am posting this, but I find it so funny I have to....

I went online to pay that ticket he got after the PGA Show and noticed he had two outstanding balances from previous citations. I do some more digging and they are suuuuuuuper old, one was from 1994 and the other from 1998. I call to find out what that's all about and it turns out they are legit, and ridiculous too because they totaled $12.32. Anyway, the best part of all of this is when I realized that I wasn't even old enough to drive when he got both of those tickets.

I laughed for a good 5 minutes, like tears running down my face laughing. I don't know why, but I find that so funny hahahaha. He was not amused.
So to be clear, were you laughing at the fact that 1) he got a ticket after PGA show; 2) he either forgot or refused to pay ~$13.00 on a ticket(s) 3) he's old (ish which may contribute to #2)..... last option, all the above? :p

So to be clear, were you laughing at the fact that 1) he got a ticket after PGA show; 2) he either forgot or refused to pay ~$13.00 on a ticket(s) 3) he's old (ish which may contribute to #2)..... last option, all the above? :p

No, I was actually mad about the $12.32, not so much at him, just that it was still in existence after so many years. I was laughing at the fact that he had tickets when I was still not old enough to drive. He's not that much older than me, but enough for these random things to come up from time to time and they always make me laugh. For some reason he never finds them funny hahaha.

No, I was actually mad about the $12.32, not so much at him, just that it was still in existence after so many years. I was laughing at the fact that he had tickets when I was still not old enough to drive. He's not that much older than me, but enough for these random things to come up from time to time and they always make me laugh. For some reason he never finds them funny hahaha.

I'm just waiting to see JBs eye roll emoji at the bottom of this post.

I’d love to change but, Verizon has the best coverage in the areas I frequent. Until someone catches up I just can’t do it.
Yeah I know. I was very hesitant to make the switch but I felt the cost savings was worth it. I hope I'm right.

Yeah I know. I was very hesitant to make the switch but I felt the cost savings was worth it. I hope I'm right.
I think I’d be ok except when I’m out on the lake fishing.

I'll do you one better. the other day i got coffee started and forgot to put the pot in. I came back to coffee on the counter and the floor.....:mad:
hahaha I did that with a keurig cup years ago.

One of my finer moments for sure.

hahaha I did that with a keurig cup years ago.

One of my finer moments for sure.
Wait? You drink coffee? I don't believe you

Used to drink coffee. I miss it desperately.
Why did you leave? It has to taste better than that nasty Bang drink haha

You married old...

JB is probably not going to be happy I am posting this, but I find it so funny I have to....

I went online to pay that ticket he got after the PGA Show and noticed he had two outstanding balances from previous citations. I do some more digging and they are suuuuuuuper old, one was from 1994 and the other from 1998. I call to find out what that's all about and it turns out they are legit, and ridiculous too because they totaled $12.32. Anyway, the best part of all of this is when I realized that I wasn't even old enough to drive when he got both of those tickets.

I laughed for a good 5 minutes, like tears running down my face laughing. I don't know why, but I find that so funny hahahaha. He was not amused.
I would tolerate that sort of torment if my wife went online and paid all my tickets for me hahaha

You are useful.

diuretic and stimulate..... double whammy on your bladder and heart, you're better off without..... ;) Looking out for your..... plus it tastes terrible! :p
You leave my coffee alone sir!

So my playing partner today told the two golfers we were paired with that I work in golf today on the 2nd hole. For the next 16 holes, it was equipment question after equipment question and he said to me after the round "I am so sorry". I said why? He said it was time away from work, you should enjoy the day. I said "I love this game and the equipment more than just about anybody. Chatting about it for 3 hours is never going to be a chore. :D

So my playing partner today told the two golfers we were paired with that I work in golf today on the 2nd hole. For the next 16 holes, it was equipment question after equipment question and he said to me after the round "I am so sorry". I said why? He said it was time away from work, you should enjoy the day. I said "I love this game and the equipment more than just about anybody. Chatting about it for 3 hours is never going to be a chore. :D
Though I don't "work" in golf I consider myself pretty well informed thanks to THP. I love talking equipment with people and usually correcting them about things haha

Busted!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back